Atlanta Local Office Processing

Anyone interviewd with officer F

Please advise.... Interview date on Oct 4th. Fingerprint date this Friday. Basically one week between the fingerprint and interview, is that enough time?

Thanks

StillWaiting02 said:
I got my FP apt and interview dates set up in two weeks. I will keep you posted. Did anyone interviewed with officer F? Please advise.

I dont know how officer initial works. In my case, the officer last name was different than the the the initial mentioned in the interview notice. Just take all the documents that you think you will need and then take all the documents that you think you wont need, but just in case. You can go for a day earlier for fingerprinting as there is little you can do about it. It should not be a problem though.

That's correct. did you guys notice something else. from some local offices, for ex: charleston and greer they have not posted dates for I-765 for I-131 applications.
all they have is I-485 and N-400. Does that mean they won't process EAD/AP's?

May be our leader RealCanadian can shed some light on that?

Maybe it's a good sign as I-485 and N-400 would move faster.... :confused:
:rolleyes:

Received Interview Notice

Received Interview notice y'day ( 10/27/04 08:30 AM) for myself and spouse.

EAC-02-256-xxxxxx
PD 10/20/00
RD 08/02/02
ND 08/06/02
TD 01/22/04
FP 10/05/04 --> 2nd
ID 10/27/04

RSK1 said:
Processing date has moved to 3/27/02.

Wish you all the best!!

Please remember the officer name and last name when they introduce to you during interview..this will help in case if they won't stamp the passport..I wish it won't happen to you..

Here is my experience how I did my passport stamp pending after an interview:

(1 ) Officer went on vacation for 3 weeks and no one else can approve your case.

(2) Got the officer extenstion and dial their contact no. 404-331-1030. Always called between 7.00 AM to 7.30 AM. since they comes at 7.00 AM and start working at 7.30 AM. They takes phone before 7.30 AM only. That's how I kept contact with the interviewed officer via phone..I got their fax no. also 404-331-0045 and send a fax request also..

(3) Finally got call from the interviewed officer to come for the stamping..

So, my advice to every one to remember first and at least last name of the officer..so you can keep in touch with them in case they won't stamp the passport by dialing 404-331-1030 and you can rich them via last name.

Wish you all the best!!

chintu said:

EAC-02-256-xxxxxx
PD 10/20/00
RD 08/02/02
ND 08/06/02
TD 01/22/04
FP 10/05/04 --> 2nd
ID 10/27/04

chintu said:

EAC-02-256-xxxxxx
PD 10/20/00
RD 08/02/02
ND 08/06/02
TD 01/22/04
FP 10/05/04 --> 2nd
ID 10/27/04

Chintu,

Your case was transferred in Jan 2004 but now you are getting interview notice. I have seen some of the cases which transferred in Jun-July and already had interview. How ATL takes cases? Is it based on TD or RD of 485? Yor RD is of Aug 2002. Does this mean they are processing 8/2002 cases now.

Interview Related Question

Do we need to take Immigration style or Passport size Photographs to the Interview.

Experts Please advise

Processing Dates

ATL Takes cases by Reciept dates and not by Transfer dates.Yes ATL is now processing Aug 2002 cases.

RSK1 said:
Chintu,

Your case was transferred in Jan 2004 but now you are getting interview notice. I have seen some of the cases which transferred in Jun-July and already had interview. How ATL takes cases? Is it based on TD or RD of 485? Yor RD is of Aug 2002. Does this mean they are processing 8/2002 cases now.

chintu said:
Do we need to take Immigration style or Passport size Photographs to the Interview.

Unless they ask for new photos, you don't need to bring anything. They didn't ask for our pictures, and used the ones we submitted back in 2001 - it's funny, because my hair is considerably longer now. :)

"Originally Posted by chintu
Do we need to take Immigration style or Passport size Photographs to the Interview."

My lawyer asked to bring 2 passport style pictures, since CIS had changed the rules for GC pictures.
Chintu, when is your interview date, mine is on Oct 4th.

wonderfulboy said:
Based on the district office processing timings for atlanta,GA it says they are processing 485 applications as of March 27th 2002 not august 2002. How do you say chintu that they are processing August 2002? Are they processing based on TD or RD?

Receipt Date, and the processing times are regularly behind where people are getting interviews. As I understand it, if your Receipt Date is before the published date, you should have either had your interview, or at least have it scheduled. They typically represent the Receipt Date of the earliest case in the queue.

I-551 Stamp

TheRealCanadian,
You are one of our favorites here. Thanks for all your information and willingness to answer questions and help out others on the forum. Question for you:

What does the stamp on the passport look like? Is it in red ink and very primitive looking reading:

PROCESSED FOR I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESICE. VALID UNTIL a year from the stamping date. EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED.

I know the question has been asked a thousand times. But, here it goes again: Is this all we need to trave abroad and reenter the US?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Cemol.

cemol said:
What does the stamp on the passport look like? Is it in red ink and very primitive looking reading

Look back in this thread around mid-July. You should see a post from me with a picture of my stamp, but yes - you've described it pretty well.

I know the question has been asked a thousand times. But, here it goes again: Is this all we need to trave abroad and reenter the US?

Yes. It should be good enough to get back in. However, expect to get hauled into secondary inspection by CBP and wait for 15-30 minutes while they look up the A# in their computers.

Feedback level on 485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

wonderfulboy said:
Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office.

If you had read this thread you would know that this is an inaccurate statement when it comes to Atlanta USCIS.

They might process the transferred cases by receipt date. But the official 485 date published in district process timings are not for transferred cases they are only for family based cases it seems. For transferred they don't publish seperate processing timings.