Atlanta Local Office Processing

Received Interview/FP notices!!

I received interview notice and fingerprint notice for me and my wife. Interview is on Sep 14th. Finger print for me is on august 28th and for my wife October 28th(funny). Anyway tomorrow we will get the FP done for both. Any experience with Officer "C", In my interview notice they mentioned Officer C will interview.Looks like the are working on April 2002 filers. My Nd is April 19th, 2002.

Dukhi485filer said:
I received interview notice and fingerprint notice for me and my wife. Interview is on Sep 14th. Finger print for me is on august 28th and for my wife October 28th(funny). Anyway tomorrow we will get the FP done for both. Any experience with Officer "C", In my interview notice they mentioned Officer C will interview.Looks like the are working on April 2002 filers. My Nd is April 19th, 2002.

Dukhi, hopefully you'll be sukhi after Sept 14th. :) Wish you good luck. Glad that you got the interview.

Thanks Tufan. I will post my interview experience. You are right, if i get approved i will change it to Sukhi leaving behind all hardship, stresss....went through this long GC process. I wish you good luck and hope you will also get your interview quickly.

Dukhi,

If you name is up for grabs maybe I'll take it. I wish you luck on ur interview. I went for my interview on the 20th of July and have still not heard anything since Atl has not transfered my file to Baltimore as yet.

Regards,

QCO

QCO1 said:
Dukhi,

If you name is up for grabs maybe I'll take it. I wish you luck on ur interview. I went for my interview on the 20th of July and have still not heard anything since Atl has not transfered my file to Baltimore as yet.

Regards,

QCO

QC01, which interview did you go to? You'll have two interviews? WOW!!
I guess you live in Baltimore now and that's the reason you are waiting for case transfer since Atlanta has not approved your case as your juridiction has changed? Correct me if i am wrong?
Anyways.... we all are Dukhi in this world in some way or other!!!

Tufan,

I went for the adjustment of status (I-485) interview. Everything went great till the end when she told me she cant approve the case or stamp my passport till the file reaches Baltimore. I went down to Atl and asked them abt the file but the reply I got was that since I came as an F1 student it is going through security check. Well all I can do is pray. Hope u all have a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO
p.s Hopefully there should be no other interview just waiting for the file...

QCO1 said:
Tufan,

I went for the adjustment of status (I-485) interview. Everything went great till the end when she told me she cant approve the case or stamp my passport till the file reaches Baltimore. I went down to Atl and asked them abt the file but the reply I got was that since I came as an F1 student it is going through security check. Well all I can do is pray. Hope u all have a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO
p.s Hopefully there should be no other interview just waiting for the file...

QC01, that's strange. When they don't even have the file then why even bother to do an interview? Do you live in Atlanta? So now you don't know when the file would reach baltimore? Please mention your case details.
For me, it took 1.5 months for the file to reach from VSC to Altanta and they further forwarded to Charleson, South Carolina.

I came in 1991, as visitor and converted to F-1. Studied for 5 years on F-1 and then i have been on h-1 since then. Filed for 8ty year extension,but no results. Have EAD/AP for the backup.
I have been told by the local office that my case got transferred because, USCIS records state that i was out of status for 2 weeks.

Senator's office replied back last week that, hopefully i'll get an inteview in October. I hope they don't tell me the crap they have told you. Let's see.. hopefully, this 14 years struggle would be worth it.

Tufan,

My case is similar to yours. I came her in 89 as a F1 student . Transfered to H1 in 97 got married to USC. Applied for adjustment in April 2003 from Atlanta but moved to Baltimore in Dec. Had my interview on July 20th and was told that they are waiting for my file to get transffered to Baltimore. Rest is all waiting and praying. Have had no lapse in stay or anything.

Regards,

QCO

I saw couple of April, 2002 filers got there FP notices. They should be getting there interview notices pretty soon. Hope you will also get the interview notice soon.

Not that this means anything, however just FYI for you guys.
My 8th Year Extension for H-1B was approved by Vermont today. It really does not mean anything for me as i already have EAD and AP as a backup.

If my greencard is not approved, i'll probably travel on AP as there's no point in extending H-1B anymore as it is very costly. Even nowdays one is required to appear in an interview to get H-1B stamped.

My lawyer has sent me the letter stating i was in status from Dec 1, 2001 through Dec 17th, 2001, therefore, i'll give that letter to the local office in Greer, South Carolina.

I wish good to all of you waiting for an interview.

Looks like Atlanta is now processing June, 2002 cases. I saw this posting in family based thread. This is very encouraging news for all people.

"Finally, I received my AOS Interview notice. FingerPrint notice and Interview notice came two weeks apart. I filed in June 2002. Interview is in first week of October. I have Officer A."

There has been significant improvement. Hopefully, the websites would be updated this week. I went to local office in Greer to give my out of status information. I was told by officer, "Gutwald" that Charleston would be scheduling inteviews for Jan /Feb 2002 Cases.
I guess, Dec 2001 will also go in that. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Good Luck Dukhi and all waiting for adjustment.

Case Transferred to ATL

Yesterday our case were transferred to ATL from VSC. Will we get any notification once ATL office receives our files.

485 - RD Oct 2002 ND Nov 2002
140 - approved Jul 2003
PD May 2001
FP1 - 12/2002, FP2 - 07/2004
EAD1 - 01/2003, EAD2 - 04/2004
Currently on 8th yr exyension. Never used EAD

RSKI, sorry to hear about your transfer. Now you are part of the CLUB.

Yes, you will get transfer notices: Basically with the standard message. "Prelim-processing on your case was completed and your case was transferred to local office in atlanta to conduct an interview".

Within 1 month your file will reach Atlanta office. After that you'll get another notice from Atlanta that these cases take processing time anywhere from 24 to 36 months. Please do not inquire about your case until you have finished 30 months.

******therefore, based upon your RD it's my prediction if the things continue at this pace then you'll probably get an interview within 4 months. however, many people have waited almost over 1 to 2 years for interviews.

Secondly, i think you are in just same boat as mine. My 8th year H-1B just got approved. I never used EAD although i have the EAD. I just found out that since my I-94 reflected old date of H-1B and my file did not contain information of H-1B extension, USCIS office found me out out of status, although i was in status all the time.
i think that's the case in your case.
Sorry Buddy, harsh luck here. I'll be 3 years from filing once i get the interview, if i get one. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tufan, Thanks for quick reply.

I do not know the reason for this transfer since I did not get any RFE.

As I anticipate reason could be related to future employement. I left consulting company with approved labor in Oct 2001 to join a full time position in Atlanta, reason was my sons did not want me to do any more travelling job for obvious reasons although they are minor. That was my 2nd labor from consulting company. Started LC in Jan 98 filed 140 in EB2 category to get rejected in Jan 2001. Restarted LC approved in Sep 2001 only to leave that job.

In ATL my new LC was started in 2002 begining under RIR category with new company and found that it would pabably take 2 yrs and it was filed just one week before my 5th yr was expiring. Then I realized that based on LC filing I can not ask for 7th yr ext althogh this rule changed in NoV 2002. Anyway my previous employer agreed to file 140 & 485 based on approved labor. 140 got approved and 485 transferred to ATL.

Based on the labor of current employer I got 7th & 8th yr ext which is valid until Apr 2005. LC from my current employer got approved last month. Now they are filing 140 at TSC along with our 485 receipts.

I know you are one of the vetrans of this forum. But its really hard luck for us as we are on the process of GC since last 7 yrs.

Interview experience!

Hello everybody,

My interview was scheduled today at 8:30 and for my wife 8:00. We went there around 7:45. Officer called both of us around 8:30. We did not take attorney with us. After taking oath, she asked for W2's, tax return, pay stubbs and employement letter. After that she went through our application, asked questions mentioned in 485 application, like involved in any crime, arrest, deportaion....She finished all the paperwork, took our signature and finger print.(index fingure only) At the end she said they are still waiting for name check, so she can't approve it today. I asked her how long it will take, she mentioned anywhere between 3 months to 6 months. So my wait continues...

Congrats . atleast you know you have been approved.
Dont worry your greens will come soon too.
What documents had they asked you to bring along.
thanks

Dukhi485filer said:
Hello everybody,

My interview was scheduled today at 8:30 and for my wife 8:00. We went there around 7:45. Officer called both of us around 8:30. We did not take attorney with us. After taking oath, she asked for W2's, tax return, pay stubbs and employement letter. After that she went through our application, asked questions mentioned in 485 application, like involved in any crime, arrest, deportaion....She finished all the paperwork, took our signature and finger print.(index fingure only) At the end she said they are still waiting for name check, so she can't approve it today. I asked her how long it will take, she mentioned anywhere between 3 months to 6 months. So my wait continues...

USCIS still left you Dukhi for a while? Did they stamp your passport with I-551 stamp? I know this guy who is in the same situation and USCIS did not approve his case because background check is pending. Hope you get sooner outcome.

But aleast other things went smooth, therefore congrats for that.