Atlanta Local Office Processing

Atlanta Processing Dates update

I made an address change at the ATL office last week and I received a confirmation letter today .
The letter also says that ATL office is currently processing JAN 02 cases.

-----------------------------------------------------------
RD 08/02
TD 01/04
ID ??

Good to hear

Great to hear that ATL is continuing to make progress. Amazing that they did nothing for so long, especially when one considers that all of their FB stuff gets forwarded on to NBC.

On another note, my wife and I finally got our welcome letters today. The I-181 receipt date is July 11, 2003 and the notice date was August 11, 2004. That's very, very strange. Any ideas?

Seeking an advice

Hello all,
As I have mentioned in previous posts, my EB application was transferred to Atlanta on July 23, 2004. How can I check if Atlanta's office received the application? if I go to the ATL office will someone be able to help me? Or Do they usually provide help in such matter? How long does it usually take for transfer?

Please advise. Thanks for all the members of this post.

It was same for me also

We got our welcome letter one week after stamping and RD was July 14th , 2003. You will get the card in two weeks.I used to check the status and we got the cards one day after approval.

TheRealCanadian said:
Great to hear that ATL is continuing to make progress. Amazing that they did nothing for so long, especially when one considers that all of their FB stuff gets forwarded on to NBC.

On another note, my wife and I finally got our welcome letters today. The I-181 receipt date is July 11, 2003 and the notice date was August 11, 2004. That's very, very strange. Any ideas?

Yes Our luck started from there.

Feb6361

I think our luck started from there. I gave that $100 to INS for my EAD . I applied for my 4th EAD and next day I got interview notice. They cashed my check .

I hope youe PP will be stamped soon ,then we will meet.

feb6361 said:
GAPeach,

I know, you will remember that seminar very well since your luck started from there (won $100 prize!!)..and than every one else luck also started..

ATL director came late to the seminar after we all gone but they all gone for the dinner in the resturant where Houston ex-director handed over our petition personally to her.

My wife and son went to ATL office to inquire our case status and they said every thing (all the checks) is fine in your case and we will send you a notice soon for the pp stamping..No one was there on Rm 287 on Friday..

I am planing to go on this Thrusday again to see they can stamp our passport..

I will let every one know..

Thank you and hope Tufan and others will get an interview soon..

StillWaiting02,

Once the local office receives your file, they will send you letter saying they have received your file and they are going to schedule your interview in next few days to few months....You can go to ATL local office and check, they will update you if they received your file or not.

Dukhi485filer - Thanks for the info

I'll wait until next week, then check with the local office.

I found this post on another site:
"We filed in February 2002 and just got AOS approved. It was bizarre... we received our fingerprints notice and then the interview notice came a few days later"

Things are looking good....

Still Waiting02,

My file from Vermont took 1 month to reach Atlanta. Then it took another 2 weeks to reach Greer, South carolina.

Chintu, thanks for being resourcefull and updating the website with the information.

I have contacted Senator Lyndsy Graham, South Carolina as i have been dealing with them for over 1 year now. Since my dates are within the processing dates, i wanted to know how soon i'll get my interview as i wanted to travel to india on Advance Parole. I might as well wait as who knows if i have to rush back.

Recieved Interview Letter Yesterday

Hi guys
I finally recievd my wife's and my interview letter yesterday. Our interview is scheduled on 8th Sept 2004. My case was transferred to Atl office on April 21st 2004. rest of the details are below. the letter says to bring the documents mentioned on the attached page which is like 4 pages with million documents.
Any suggestions on how to prepare and what documents to take. I changed my job last year (past 180 days of 140 approval). Never informed INS.

NDINDIA said:
the letter says to bring the documents mentioned on the attached page which is like 4 pages with million documents.

Read that attached page carefully. Most documents asked for are for family-based cases, not employment-based. Then read through this thread, especially posts since June 15th. I have an extensive list of documents I suggest you bring.

1) I-94s
2) Passports
3) EADs/APs
4) Approval notices for all previous petitions
5) Copies for W-2s/1040s for last 3 years, or more if available
6) Employment verificiation letter
7) Marriage/Birth certificats for you & your spouse (+ non USC kids)
8) Evidence of shared married life with your spouse (bank accounts, etc.)

You will not need anything more than the EVL and the 1040s, but just in case. Good luck with the interview, you will be fine. Good to see ATL is processing March 02 cases; moving forward a year in 3 months!!!

Thanks RealCanadian

Thanks a lot for all the info. I hope everything will be fine. I will post an update after the interview. :)

I went to ATL office yesterday to see if I can do passport stamping and we found following detail:

(1) Our Security checks are completed and they are fine including my younger son's fp and security check came back and they are fine.

(2) They are unable to stamp our passport since the officer H (Mrs. Head) went on vacation for 2 weeks and will be back next Monday.

(3) They said only officer H. will complete (final approval) your case and she will send you an approval notice. So, come for stamping after that.

See another mismanagement at USCIS..The officer went on vacation so no one can touch our applications..I don't what will happen to my case if the officer won't come back to USCIS for some reason!!!??

Another wait and see for few more weeks/months...

GAPeach said:
Feb6361

I think our luck started from there. I gave that $100 to INS for my EAD . I applied for my 4th EAD and next day I got interview notice. They cashed my check .

I hope youe PP will be stamped soon ,then we will meet.

Feb6361, sorry to hear about your case. But i am sure things would be in your favor soon. You have waited so long, therefore don't loose the hope now. Just wondering that how come officer would approve your case without an interview and send you the approval notice? that's really strange. These people are not worth it.

Yesterday, i went to local Greer office. I after waiting 1 hour, i wanted to know when i would get an interview, as charleston is processing dec 2001 cases. The officer is nice, and she told me that i should get something within 2 months as they have many cases on the shelve ahead of me. She said they are on shelf 37 and my case is on shelf 40. She said, i wouldn't go based upon dates on the internet.
then i asked her why my case got transferred, when my permanent residence is in PA, and it comes under Vermont juridiction.

She went inside and after 5 minutes she came outside and said, since i was out of status for two weeks, meaning my I-94 showed stamp as of Dec, 1 2001(meaning my stay expired in USA). And my I-485 filing date was Dec 17, 2001. Then i told her that i have never been out of status. That I-94 was from company A, and my lawyer should have attached I-797(h1-b) transfer notice that showed i am with the company B.

However, it seems my dumb ass lawyer did not attached I-797 transfer notice to company B, which was BTW approved in Mid-2001. I-94 reflected the old date based upon H-1B from my old company.

She said as long as you can prove that you'll be fine, other than that you'll have to file for I-245i and pay $1000 penalty.

I was fine as i know that's not a problem. However, i am just laughing on ineffciency of USCIS part that something like that they could have requested me on the RFE that they had sent 2 months ago. Also, it's amazing that even after 9/11, almost 3 years their databases with H-1B's are not linked and they did not even bother to do some leg work.

I guess, atleast i know what to expect in an interview.

That's our story my friend. we are just a puppet in their hands. Hope this journey ends for us.

someone may know better [probably not your lawyer by the sound of it...]

but if you were out of status for less than 6 months with employment visa, you file 245k not 245i and there is no penalty fee to pay.

I suggest you check this out just in case

good luck

Absolutely. Under no circumstances file 245i since 245k covers you for periods of less than 180 days. That's assuming of course you cannot produce the H-1B transfer notice that covers things.

Don't count on the local offices to know anything about employment-based procedures (and 245k is EB-only). It's rare that a big place like Atlanta is comfortable with them; a podunk office like Greer? Don't hold your breath.

Received Parole today

Finally received AP in the mail from ATL office.
Parole RD of 05/04/04 transferred to ATL on 07/31 .

Will take off for 4 weeks ,hopefully will get my interview soon.

TheRealCanadian said:
Absolutely. Under no circumstances file 245i since 245k covers you for periods of less than 180 days. That's assuming of course you cannot produce the H-1B transfer notice that covers things.

Don't count on the local offices to know anything about employment-based procedures (and 245k is EB-only). It's rare that a big place like Atlanta is comfortable with them; a podunk office like Greer? Don't hold your breath.

Sundance and RealCanadian, thanks for your prompt reply.

This office in Greer is very quick. sometimes there is no wait. Officer Gutwald is quite nice and she'll give you as much information she wants.

I was thinking of providing her with the H-1B information (the timeframe USCIS thinks i was out of status), so she could attach that to my case?

Realcanadian- do you think that's a good idea or shall i wait for an interview, which BTW senator's office got the reply that Dec 2001 cases would be scheduled in October04, for South Carolina cases?

I was never out of status, however can i request for 245K if needed at the time of interview?

tufan said:
This office in Greer is very quick. sometimes there is no wait. Officer Gutwald is quite nice and she'll give you as much information she wants.

That's one advantage of the smaller offices; they may not have the same knowledge of EB cases but at least they are approachable. That's good.

I was thinking of providing her with the H-1B information (the timeframe USCIS thinks i was out of status), so she could attach that to my case?

Sure, attach a copy of the approval notice covering the dates in question along with a cover letter with your file # and A#, explaining that USCIS might not have this information. It's worth a try; it won't cost you anything more than a 37cent stamp.

I was never out of status, however can i request for 245K if needed at the time of interview?

Just tell the interviewing officer that Section 245k of the INA allows you to adjust status without penalty, since you are an employment-based case and were out of status less than 180 days. However, this should only be your fallback position; if you've got the documentary evidence to prove you were in status the whole time, lead with that. That's simpler.

Any New Interview updates

Do we have any new updates on the interview dates .
Cherokee ! Did you get your interview date.

hi chintu,
Just for your information both me and my wife got finger printing notice to be done on August 20th 2004, but I went on August 14th 2004 (saturday) and did it. After that no interview yet. Awaiting mail from them. I will keep you posted once I receive interview date.

chintu said:
Do we have any new updates on the interview dates .
Cherokee ! Did you get your interview date.