Atlanta Local Office Processing

Greencard0001 said:
My interview went pretty well this morning. General stuff, Oath, Fingerprint etc and then stamping. The whole process was over in 20 min and stamped. I was not asked for any docs. No EVL, No W-2, No tax returns

Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm delighted to hear this good news. Were you thinking the same thing I was when I was going up I-75 after the interview - "I waited two years for this?" Although I think you and I are both glad that the interview wasn't something that onerous. ;)

For all those who do not know Feb6361's contribution. He is probably the man behind the faster processing that we see now. His efforts with Rajiv Khanna and letter petition to Senator Chambliss back in Q104, in my view resulted in expeditious processing.

He's the real hero in all of this. I can provide some gallows humor, but I really think that his action this spring released the logjam that was Atlanta USCIS. If you think about it, less than three months ago we were all doomed and not meeting Rosemary Melville was just another example of USCIS never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Within two weeks of our petition and letter to Ms. Melville I got my FP2 notice and the dormant volcano that is USCIS erupted with a flood of approvals. I know who to thank, and he's a mortal being who posts here a lot. Thank you, feb6361. By the way, has your son got his FP notice yet? We need to keep the pressure on to get you stamped and in the queue for citizenship!

Who else is left from us oldtimers?

Al_aos said:
are the local centres taking thier dates as the dates or should we consider the Transfer dates as our Priority dates. I was under the impression that the dates at the local centres are only for the cases filed at that office. Transfer casses are dealt seperately.

My understanding, and the experience of folks here, is that the local offices consider the receipt date as the date the I-485 was filed at the service center. Most of us getting interviews are in the June 2001 to December 2001 range, although our cases were transferred to Atlanta in 2002 and 2003.

Regarding ATL processing dates

tufan said:
Chintu, where did you see the processing times? Are they posted in Atlanta office? Could you please confirm? How could the dates jump 6 months??

That's strange that the website is not updated. Maybe... since they update website once in a month, it's becuase of that.

Congratulations, waitinforaos for getting the plastic card.

Yes it is posted in the ATL office that they are processing DEC 01 cases.
They will update the dates during AUG update on the website.

chintu said:
They will update the dates during AUG update on the website.

Based on the interviews we've seen, I'd expect a significant jump forward in the ATL I-485 processing date. They are usually released around the 15th or so of the month.

TheRealCanadian,

Oh..the officer (Mrs. Head) gave the fp notice during interview only and we did fp for my son on same day evening (on Aug 03)..now, few more days to wait..I may go to ATL local office when I will get chance..

About speedy processing, I think, Mr. Rajiv's wonderful help/support to our cause/issue, our unity (meeting at Global mall) and our petition and letter to Ms. Melville (handover personally by the Houston ex. director) and Mr. Prakash Khatri (with whom I was/am in constant touch for the ATL processing dely and even spoke to him 3 times on the phone and now reported my son fp issue, of didn't get the fp notice in advance, during iterview to him also) plus some help out of the meeting with Senator Chembliss..

All in all, it's a total effort by all of us and our unity backed by the great support of Mr. Rajiv (I don't have any words to describe his help/support to me pesonally in resolving my son's tution fee issue at GA Tech also).

I personally request every one here to put more effort/contribution to help others also.

Good luck to every one!!

TheRealCanadian said:
Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm delighted to hear this good news. Were you thinking the same thing I was when I was going up I-75 after the interview - "I waited two years for this?" Although I think you and I are both glad that the interview wasn't something that onerous. ;)

He's the real hero in all of this. I can provide some gallows humor, but I really think that his action this spring released the logjam that was Atlanta USCIS. If you think about it, less than three months ago we were all doomed and not meeting Rosemary Melville was just another example of USCIS never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Within two weeks of our petition and letter to Ms. Melville I got my FP2 notice and the dormant volcano that is USCIS erupted with a flood of approvals. I know who to thank, and he's a mortal being who posts here a lot. Thank you, feb6361. By the way, has your son got his FP notice yet? We need to keep the pressure on to get you stamped and in the queue for citizenship!

Who else is left from us oldtimers?

Thank you all

As I have mentioned before, I'm new to this board. I'm taking the opportunity today to thank each one of you for posting your experience with the Atlanta office. Hopefully my time will come soon to go for an interview.

Thank you again

We will meet at Global Mall on next Sunday after my will get stemping done!! I will let you all know..I send you a PM.

Greencard0001 said:
Feb6361

When are we planning to meet again in Global Mall?? Can you PM me your address.

Thanks

feb6361 said:
We will meet at Global Mall on next Sunday after my will get stemping done!! I will let you all know..I send you a PM.
Count me in, I would like to meet you guys. Let me know the place and time.
Thanks

Does anybody knows what Greer, South Carolina is processing? I know the website states, August 2001. Has anyone been to the Greer Office, recently?

Oh.. one more thing. We haven't seen any interview scheduled between Sept and Dec 2001 cases then how can Atlanta process Dec 2001?

I know Chintu has confirmed dates posted in Atlanta local office, not to question his intelligence, it's just when things pick up it's hard to digest.

The reason i am so curious becuase, Atlanta is district office, if things are picking up in Atlanta it would affect all office in South. Like Charleston, Greer...etc!!!

Hope things workout for everybody in the end.

Thanks for your support guys.

Just saw BCIS site. They have updated the dates, they are processing December 5, 2001 cases. So now it is official. Hope they will keep same momentum.

tufan said:
Does anybody knows what Greer, South Carolina is processing? I know the website states, August 2001. Has anyone been to the Greer Office, recently?

Around this time of the month (especially when movement is reported here) I wouldn't trust the web site dates 100%. I checked Greer today and I think they are now into October 2001. There's movement there as well. Hang on. :)

Oh.. one more thing. We haven't seen any interview scheduled between Sept and Dec 2001 cases then how can Atlanta process Dec 2001?

I was a late August 2001 case, and I believe a number of other folks who've had interviews were in fall of 2001 as well.

The reason i am so curious becuase, Atlanta is district office, if things are picking up in Atlanta it would affect all office in South. Like Charleston, Greer...etc!!!

I would be very hesitant to conclude such a linkage between offices in processing times, especially when places such as Greer and Charleston process a very limited subset of filings. It does look, however, that you are in good shape as Greer is moving forward too.

Atlanta Processing is picking up

ATL office combines family based and EB based cases together.They are right now processing Mar 02 cases (U can look at Family based forum of ATL to confirm this) .
Things are moving real fast in ATL :rolleyes:

My Parole was transferred to ATL on July 31 ( RD is first week of May '04).
It says, your case was transferred to ATL office room 111 to speed up the process. Any idea how long ATL takes to process . The website says it is processing July 15 th cases of I-131. I am planning for a trip in Sep :confused:

thanks for the heads up guys. There has been significant improvement in the dates. Let's hope it's not a fluke. :rolleyes:
Efforts of all those great people have finally payed off. Charleston, SC also shows Dec 2001. Greer shows Oct 2001. Even though at times these dates don't mean anything, but one always tends to think that we might get lucky as they are within our processing dates.

Chintu, you should receive AP very soon. I think if you have some time you should drop by the Atlanta office just to checkup on that.
I applied AP/EAD at local office in Greer in June-04 and i got the AP and EAD within 5 weeks.

Greer and Charleston have added two new officers. And i think that's the case with Atlanta. Therefore, you should get I-131 sometime soon.

Good luck everybody.

RealCanadian/Feb6361

Post Greencard, I have an opportunity to ask my employer to let me go. Five months severance that way will help me take some time off and look for employment opportunities in Atlanta. I am kind of tired of travelling to Boston every week but kind of holding on to the job since my green card processing was delayed.

Would that hurt my personal record in any way?

Thanks

Received Plastic cards.

Received Plastic cards. :)

We got our plastic cards on Friday(8/13/2004). It was a very long journey.

Here is my case history .

Labor filed : 8/1999 (NJ-RIR) Approved – 12/1999
I-140 – 01/2000,Approvd 7/2000
Priority date went back and waited 1 year to file 485.
I-485 Filed on 07/2001 and INS miss placed it, issued notice on 11/2001 with RD Sept 2001.(mean time we applied another set of 485).
Case transferred to ATL on 01/2003.
ID 7/21/2004
Approved 7/21/2004
Plastic received : 8/13/2004

Now it’s time for a good break and relax.

I owe a very big thanks to Feb6361, it was his effort we all gathered at Global mall and met ex-Houston INS DIRECTOR,but we couldn’t hand over our petition to ATL director ( I think she is also reading this forum,kidding…) .

I think that petition made the difference.
Let us all meet after Feb6361 got his PP stamped.

GAPeach said:

I-485 Filed on 07/2001 and INS miss placed it, issued notice on 11/2001 with RD Sept 2001.(mean time we applied another set of 485).
ID 7/21/2004
Approved 7/21/2004

I owe a very big thanks to Feb6361, it was his effort we all gathered at Global mall and met ex-Houston INS DIRECTOR,but we couldn’t hand over our petition to ATL director ( I think she is also reading this forum,kidding…) .

Congratulations, once again!
it was some journey! :)
Wish you good luck with everything.

GAPeach,

I know, you will remember that seminar very well since your luck started from there (won $100 prize!!)..and than every one else luck also started..

ATL director came late to the seminar after we all gone but they all gone for the dinner in the resturant where Houston ex-director handed over our petition personally to her.

My wife and son went to ATL office to inquire our case status and they said every thing (all the checks) is fine in your case and we will send you a notice soon for the pp stamping..No one was there on Rm 287 on Friday..

I am planing to go on this Thrusday again to see they can stamp our passport..

I will let every one know..

Thank you and hope Tufan and others will get an interview soon..

GAPeach said:

ID 7/21/2004
Approved 7/21/2004

Greencard0001,

To be a safe side, I advice you to work atleast for a six month with the current employer if you are planing to become a US Citizen.

I know, it's very hard to commute to Boston every week but 6 more months to go..

Thank you!

Greencard0001 said:
RealCanadian/Feb6361

Post Greencard, I have an opportunity to ask my employer to let me go. Five months severance that way will help me take some time off and look for employment opportunities in Atlanta. I am kind of tired of travelling to Boston every week but kind of holding on to the job since my green card processing was delayed.

Would that hurt my personal record in any way?

Thanks