Atlanta Local Office Processing

hi stillwaiting02,
Atlanta is processing july 15th 2001 cases right now, I dont know when you will be getting the interview ?. I know you said that they transferred it on july 28th so it takes around month to reach atlanta office officially. After getting it they take their own time to process.

hi chintu,
Sorry I forget to tell you about your parole, take your receipt notice on the parole too. So that you can get the parole 90% probably on the same day too.

Hi feb6361,
Good luck to you on the interview. Call me once your are done with your interview I need to talk to you. I hope you have my phone number.
Let me know.

RealCanadian/Feb6361

While collecting my originals past week-end I realized that I donot have original W-2s for 2001 for PA & MA state. I do have the Federal and GA state. PA & MA states appear in my W-2sn as I did some consulting work in there for few months back then. I have a copy though showing all of them and supporting IRS transcript. Do I need to be worried?

I am all set with FY 2003 & 2002. Please let me know.

Thanks

cherokee,

Yes sir, I have your phone no. and will call you and every one with my interview detail (will post here also).

Thank you!

cherokee said:
hi stillwaiting02,
Atlanta is processing july 15th 2001 cases right now, I dont know when you will be getting the interview ?. I know you said that they transferred it on july 28th so it takes around month to reach atlanta office officially. After getting it they take their own time to process.

hi chintu,
Sorry I forget to tell you about your parole, take your receipt notice on the parole too. So that you can get the parole 90% probably on the same day too.

Hi feb6361,
Good luck to you on the interview. Call me once your are done with your interview I need to talk to you. I hope you have my phone number.
Let me know.

I think, fedral W2 and 1040 will be fine.

Greencard0001 said:
RealCanadian/Feb6361

While collecting my originals past week-end I realized that I donot have original W-2s for 2001 for PA & MA state. I do have the Federal and GA state. PA & MA states appear in my W-2sn as I did some consulting work in there for few months back then. I have a copy though showing all of them and supporting IRS transcript. Do I need to be worried?

I am all set with FY 2003 & 2002. Please let me know.

Thanks

Parole help

Thanks Cherokee for the Info.
My wife had her EAD approved today I hope mine will follow soon.
Intrestingly my Parole (RD 05/06)got transferred to ATL office today.Did anyone ever face this before.How long does ATL take to process transferred Parole cases?
I am planning to go out of Country in the first week of Sep and I am not sure whether I can get my parole by then.
Experts please advice.

Looks like ATL is processing Dec 01 -Jan 02 based EB cases (Greencard001 RD is Dec 01 and his interview date is Aug09).

BTW Cherokee what is ur RD?
Thanks

hi chintu,
My case is EB2 RIR
RD is December 31st 2001
ND is Jan 2nd 2002
did FP on March 24th 2003
Transferred to ATL somewhere around March 2004, both mine and my wife's file is in Atlanta (I have checked it already). Awaiting interview. Probably they might ask me to go for finger printing again before calling for interview, as it is more then 15 months since I did my finger printing last time.
I thought if the parole is pending for more then 30 days you can go to the local office and get the parole like EAD if it is more then 90 days.

chintu said:
Thanks Cherokee for the Info.
My wife had her EAD approved today I hope mine will follow soon.
Intrestingly my Parole (RD 05/06)got transferred to ATL office today.Did anyone ever face this before.How long does ATL take to process transferred Parole cases?
I am planning to go out of Country in the first week of Sep and I am not sure whether I can get my parole by then.
Experts please advice.

Looks like ATL is processing Dec 01 -Jan 02 based EB cases (Greencard001 RD is Dec 01 and his interview date is Aug09).

BTW Cherokee what is ur RD?
Thanks

hi Greencard001,
I read that you got your interview, Good luck to you. what is your RD ?. Did you went through senator to get the interview or you went to local office and requested them or the interview was scheduled by them on priority basis?

Greencard0001 said:
RealCanadian

You are just great, always, before & after. I agree with FEB6361 that this forum has benefited a great deal from your knowledge and humor. Please continue your participation.

My case was an RFE (how do you rememer!!!). I had recd the RFE last year and the case was transferred in Aug 03.

FEB6361 : Did you read my posting? It appears you had similar questions. Please respond & help. My interview is due 8/9.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, since u did your finger printing on 03/06/2002 and it is older then 15 months, did they ask you do fingerprinting again before the current interview or you have been called for interview with fingerprinting done on 03/06/2002.

Greencard0001 said:

Mine was a normal processing. No priority at all

Every thing went well/smooth during yesterday's interview..

Every thing went well but they didn't stemp the passport since my younger son was 12 year when we filed I-485..Now he is 14 so they ask to take his finger print and than they will stemp the passport..

They only asked EVL and 2003 tax document..no more question asked to any one..they took our index fingerprint and every thing..

will write more after I will get some free time..

Every one,

Advice...go for finger print after you get interview notice if your fp expired even without notice in order to save time and stamping done.

feb6361 said:
Every thing went well but they didn't stemp the passport since my younger son was 12 year when we filed I-485..Now he is 14 so they ask to take his finger print and than they will stemp the passport..

Congratulations, and I'm really glad that things went so smoothly for you. Did they not stamp just your son's passport, or none of you?

TheRealCanadian,

They didn't stemp passport for all of us saying that security check pending..I think she don't do security check since my son's FP needs to be done..

Do you have any idea how long this will take to get the stemp done?

What next they will do?

Thank you!

TheRealCanadian said:
Congratulations, and I'm really glad that things went so smoothly for you. Did they not stamp just your son's passport, or none of you?

I went for my passport stamping at Atlanta Local Office this morning and got it without any issues. My 485 was approved on July 20 and we got the notices in mail last week. No questions were asked, officer took our I-94, EAD and Advance Parole. She said we will get the card in mail in about 3 months.

On a side note I asked the officer on how to get my wife's last name changed and she suggested two options a) File I-90 along with marriage certificate, the processing time for I-90 application is one year. She said no need to go to court to get the name changed.

b) Wait for 5 yrs when we file our Naturalization application and get it changed at that time.

I have'nt decided which way to go. Does anyone have any experience with getting there wife's last name changed after passport stamping ?

Thanks.

feb6361 said:
They didn't stemp passport for all of us saying that security check pending..I think she don't do security check since my son's FP needs to be done..

That is most unfortunate. Get your son's FP done ASAP. Since he was under 14 at the time of the I-485 filing you might need to shell out the $25 at the ASC.

My timeframe was around 10 days between FP2 and the interview being scheduled, so *hopefully* it won't take too long. I'd do the FP for the boy, give ATL 21 days and hound them mercilessly after that.

ThakurSahab said:
On a side note I asked the officer on how to get my wife's last name changed and she suggested two options a) File I-90 along with marriage certificate, the processing time for I-90 application is one year.

Since time reaally isn't of the essence with this process, I'd just file the I-90 with a certified or notarized copy of the marriage cert and forget about it until it returns. Might as well get it out of the way if it is important to you and your wife.

I'm planning on travelling this Nov-Dec , so I guess I will file I-90 after I get back. Also I think I will begin with first getting the last name changed on Passport --> SSN Card --> Drivers License --> Green Card.

ThakurSahab said:
I'm planning on travelling this Nov-Dec , so I guess I will file I-90 after I get back.

I'm probably missing something, but why do you feel that travel will pose a problem?

For what it's worth, TSC is processing I-90s from December 2003. File it now and you should get it in January or February at the earliest, after you return.