Docs for interview

Feb6361

You need carry these docs

Passport, AP, EAD
Interview letter
Employment verification letter from your current employer
W-2s (2003,2002,2001)
Tax returns (2003,2002,2001)

These docs are optional (they may not ask , but it is better to carry )

Original birth certificates of children
Last 6 month's pay stubs
Marriage certificate

feb6361 said:
waitingforaos,

can you please see the interview officer ID letter on you copy of interview letter?

Real/others,

Do we need all documents copy separately for ourself, wife and kinds?

Thank you

waitingforaos,

You will find the officer name (ID) in ASK FOR column of the table of the main interview letter undernith of Date and Hour.

I have 'DISTRICT ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER H' under ASK FOR.

My interview is on August 3, 2004 @ 1.00 PM

Thank you!

waitingforaos said:
No, I was also not asked for anything other than latest interview letter and tax returns.
The interview letter doesnot say the officers name. If anybody knoes where to look for it, please let me know and I shall be glad to look for it.

BTW when is your interview? My officer was Offider Head.

GAPeach,

I have it ready all the documents you mention..Thank you!

GAPeach said:
Feb6361

You need carry these docs

Passport, AP, EAD
Interview letter
Employment verification letter from your current employer
W-2s (2003,2002,2001)
Tax returns (2003,2002,2001)

These docs are optional (they may not ask , but it is better to carry )

Original birth certificates of children
Last 6 month's pay stubs
Marriage certificate

What kind of questions they are asking to spouse and kids?

Are they having separate interview for spouse as well as for kids?

I have 19 and 14 year sons.

Thank you!

TheRealCanadian said:
No, I was not a party to either so I didn't have them. USCIS should have them in their files.

No.

feb6361 said:
What kind of questions they are asking to spouse and kids?
Are they having separate interview for spouse as well as for kids? I have 19 and 14 year sons.

Geez, you're worried a lot.

We had no seperate interview; in fact they asked Lynne nothing except if she was coming to the US to engage in prostitution, which they didn't ask me. I was tempted to turn around and angrily insist, "no, she's the Communist and I'm the prostitute!" but something tells me that they might not have seen the humor in that. You've met me, do I not have the kind of body I could sell? :)

The only advice I have for your dependents is that if there are specific questions regarding what exactly it is you do for AC21, that they not go into specifics. In most cases, dependents do not know exactly what their parent does at the office, and when in doubt, they should be vague or don't know the answer. Their GC doesn't depend on those questions, so when in doubt, they should shut up.

The other rule to remember in case they haven't learned it before is never, ever volunteer anything. Say exactly what you need to answer their questions and not a word more.

Interview in Atlanta

I received my interview appointment today. Went through the contents and very confused. Document requirements appear quite different than what I have seen posted on this site. I would appreciate, if all could help me understand it better:

Documents Required For all Interviews =====================================
All except the following requested document is questionable:
1. Medical Examination with vaccination attachment in sealed envelop: I had submitted this at the time of applying I-485. Why do we need to do this again.

For Employment Based Cases
==========================
1. Copy of Form I-140 with all attachments: I don't have this. I thought INS will have it in their file.
2. Copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification package : I thought INS will have it in their file.
3. Evidence of Employer's ability to pay your wages such as employer's tax return, annual reports, forms DE-3 and DE-6, financial statements and your W-2 forms : I have my W-2 forms but don't have employer's tax return. How do I get that.
4. I-864 Affidavit of support submittal instructions: Do I need this?

I think RealCanadian and others interviewed at Atlanta Center were asked for tax returns, employment verification letter, birth certificate, I-94 and advance parole. My appointment letter seems to have a long list. Am I understanding it correct?

Thanks

RD 12/01

TheRealCanadian,

No, I am not worried a lot!! Have you seen me worried at any time before? I am just asking these questions in order to get your expert opinion in order for the smooth interview.

I always like your humor!! and thank you once again for the nice tips!

TheRealCanadian said:
Geez, you're worried a lot.

We had no seperate interview; in fact they asked Lynne nothing except if she was coming to the US to engage in prostitution, which they didn't ask me. I was tempted to turn around and angrily insist, "no, she's the Communist and I'm the prostitute!" but something tells me that they might not have seen the humor in that. You've met me, do I not have the kind of body I could sell? :)

The only advice I have for your dependents is that if there are specific questions regarding what exactly it is you do for AC21, that they not go into specifics. In most cases, dependents do not know exactly what their parent does at the office, and when in doubt, they should be vague or don't know the answer. Their GC doesn't depend on those questions, so when in doubt, they should shut up.

The other rule to remember in case they haven't learned it before is never, ever volunteer anything. Say exactly what you need to answer their questions and not a word more.

Congretulation!!

Please keep the old medical paper copies with you and provide them if they ask or for the safeside please get it done new with same doctor you did it in past.

When is your interview date?

Greencard0001 said:
I received my interview appointment today. Went through the contents and very confused. Document requirements appear quite different than what I have seen posted on this site. I would appreciate, if all could help me understand it better:

1. Medical Examination with vaccination attachment in sealed envelop: I had submitted this at the time of applying I-485. Why do we need to do this again.

1. Copy of Form I-140 with all attachments: I don't have this. I thought INS will have it in their file.
2. Copy of ETA-750 Labor Certification package : I thought INS will have it in their file.
3. Evidence of Employer's ability to pay your wages such as employer's tax return, annual reports, forms DE-3 and DE-6, financial statements and your W-2 forms : I have my W-2 forms but don't have employer's tax return. How do I get that.

I think RealCanadian and others interviewed at Atlanta Center were asked for tax returns, employment verification letter, birth certificate, I-94 and advance parole. My appointment letter seems to have a long list. Am I understanding it correct?

Thanks

RD 12/01

Greencard0001 said:

Thanks

RD 12/01

Greencard0001, firstly Congratulations for an intreview letter? I am glad that even though atlanta is processing RD of July/August 2001, you got an interview call unlike myself who is still waiting. :rolleyes:

Regarding your medicals i wouldn't worry about that too much. Get your medicals done again. You may want to verify old medicals if you have a copy, i am sure doctor must have left out on something. i had done re-done my medicals recently just after that my case got transferred from VSC to Atlanta(Charleston local office).

The paperwork you have mentioned shouldn't be that hard if you have a lawyer. They usually keep copies for everything. I am sure you'll be able to dig all that information. Just take whatever they have mentioned as each case is different. Don't sweat over this, in the end everything will work out.

Your interview call is some hope for me as who knows i might get one before Dec? ;)

GOODLUCK to FEB6361 and all others who have interview scheduled next week/in august.

FEB6361

I saw your earlier post that had the same requirement as mine

"Urgent help needed..

Did any one took copy of I-140 and labour approval?

did any one asked to provide during interview a copy of I-140, labour approval, medicals, I-864 affidavit of support or birth certificates?

did any one interviewed by officer H (mention in the interview letter)? If so, please post your experince with that officer?

Thank you!"

Questions
=======
1. What did you do with your medicals? Did you get it done new?
2. What about I-864 affidavit?
3. How do you prove that your employer can pay your wages?

Thanks

Based on the looks of your post, it appears that your examiner is putting out the basic requirements for an FB interview without appreciating the nuances of EB cases.

First off, there is a William Yates memorandum automatically extending the validity of all adjustment medical exams until December 31st, 2004. You should bring a copy of that memorandum instead of paying $100/person to redo the medicals. They are not required. Here is the link:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf

Greencard0001 said:

This should all be in the file, and there's no need to bring them again. You were not a party to these proceedings, and should not be expected to have this.

You do not need the employer tax returns. If your employer has been paying your specified wage for several weeks, that is evidence enough.

You do not need an I-864 for yourself, and there should be one in the file.

I think RealCanadian and others interviewed at Atlanta Center were asked for tax returns, employment verification letter, birth certificate, I-94 and advance parole.

I was asked for the EVL and my latest 1040. That was it. Everything else was in the file, and your stuff should be to. Did you get an RFE before your transfer?

Thank you tufan!! We also pray and hope you will get the interview call soon!

--------------

GOODLUCK to FEB6361 and all others who have interview scheduled next week/in august.[/QUOTE]

RealCanadian

You are just great, always, before & after. I agree with FEB6361 that this forum has benefited a great deal from your knowledge and humor. Please continue your participation.

My case was an RFE (how do you rememer!!!). I had recd the RFE last year and the case was transferred in Aug 03.

FEB6361 : Did you read my posting? It appears you had similar questions. Please respond & help. My interview is due 8/9.

Thanks

RealCanadian had already replied to my post with the same questions..so I got answer from him..I asked my previous employer to provide that document copy and let's see they will send it or not but I am not worried about such papers..

Let's all continue our help/support to every one..

Thank you!

Greencard0001 said:
RealCanadian

You are just great, always, before & after. I agree with FEB6361 that this forum has benefited a great deal from your knowledge and humor. Please continue your participation.

My case was an RFE (how do you rememer!!!). I had recd the RFE last year and the case was transferred in Aug 03.

FEB6361 : Did you read my posting? It appears you had similar questions. Please respond & help. My interview is due 8/9.

Thanks

Greencard0001 said:
I had recd the RFE last year and the case was transferred in Aug 03.

Actually, my memory is pretty abysmal. What was your RFE about? My thinking is that if they didn't raise questions about your I-140/LC, your Affadavit of Support, etc. at the time they raised the RFE, then you should be OK and everything should be in the file.

If you can get the I-140/LC information from your attorney or previous employer, then you should do so, but the failure to do so should not prove fatal. VSC would never have let the adjustment get this far if basic evidence such as the I-140 or underlying LC was not in the file. If they didn't like the affadavit of support, they'd have RFE'd you on it.

Basically, what you want to do is try and bring every piece of evidence that you have in your posession. Don't sweat stuff you don't have.

For your dependents, make sure you have the originals or certified copies of the birth certificates and your marriage certificate. If you have a shared bank account or shared ownership on the house, bring a statement or a copy of the warranty deed.

For yourself, make sure you have paystubs to prove your current wage. This will be very strong evidence of the employer's ability to pay - the best evidence of future behavior is if they've already been doing it. Bring along W-2 copies or 1040s as far back as you have. Try your hardest to get at least 3 years' worth.

Make sure you have all of your old approval notices. Make sure that you can prove you were in legal status since the first time you arrived in the US.

I also brought along a copy of my degree and employer letters that were used as the basis of my I-140/LC's experience and degree requirements.

Everything that you bring, organize it into file folders according to category. I had "Birth/Marriage/Degree Certs", "Employer Letters", "Paystubs", "Taxes", "I-94s/Approval Notices", "Advance Parole", and "Bank Statements". I knew where everything was and never needed to fumble or dig around.

There is a 99% chance you will not need anything more than your EVL and 1040. I'm suggesting this for several reasons, though.

First, on the days before your interview you will worry. I did. Organizing all of these documents gave me something to do and made me feel like I was getting prepared and somewhat in control of the situation. Second, what you don't want is to have your approval or your dependents' approval delayed because you forgot a document at home. Your objective is to get out of that office with the stamp, and you want to have your documentation ready to defeat any objection that USCIS might have.

Finally, you will have enough to worry about on the interview day. Knowing that all of your stuff is with you and organized gives you a little bit more confidence. Pull the folders out and lay them on the desk, so you don't need to fumble and drop or mess stuff up. It will also convey to the examiner that you are organized, professional and know what you're doing. Compared to the mess that a lot of family-based cases are, this will make an impression on the examiner.

Good luck. You'll do just fine.

Thanks much Realcanadian

I understand it better now. I also checked the RFE. It was for pay stubs and EVL. I am now preparing my-self with the following and worrying much for Medicals:

1. Interview letters : Originals
2. Passport : Originals & copies
3. AP : Originals
4. EAD : Originals
5. Interview letter: Originals
6. EVL : Original & copy
7. W-2s (2003,2002,2001) : Originals & copies
8. Tax returns (2003,2002,2001): Originals & copies
9. Original birth certificates of children : Original & copy
10. Last 6 month's pay stubs : Originals & copies
11. Marriage certificate : Original & copy
12. Driver License : Originals & copies
13. INS Approvals : 750-Copy, 140-Copy, RFE-copy, 485Transfer- Original
14. Educational Qualifications: Originals & copies
15. Utility Bills :Originals
16. Bank Statements : Originals
17. Home warranty/Title: Original & copy

I hope I have enough. Let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks

Very well said..thank you!

TheRealCanadian said:
Actually, my memory is pretty abysmal. What was your RFE about? My thinking is that if they didn't raise questions about your I-140/LC, your Affadavit of Support, etc. at the time they raised the RFE, then you should be OK and everything should be in the file.

If you can get the I-140/LC information from your attorney or previous employer, then you should do so, but the failure to do so should not prove fatal. VSC would never have let the adjustment get this far if basic evidence such as the I-140 or underlying LC was not in the file. If they didn't like the affadavit of support, they'd have RFE'd you on it.

Basically, what you want to do is try and bring every piece of evidence that you have in your posession. Don't sweat stuff you don't have.

For your dependents, make sure you have the originals or certified copies of the birth certificates and your marriage certificate. If you have a shared bank account or shared ownership on the house, bring a statement or a copy of the warranty deed.

For yourself, make sure you have paystubs to prove your current wage. This will be very strong evidence of the employer's ability to pay - the best evidence of future behavior is if they've already been doing it. Bring along W-2 copies or 1040s as far back as you have. Try your hardest to get at least 3 years' worth.

Make sure you have all of your old approval notices. Make sure that you can prove you were in legal status since the first time you arrived in the US.

I also brought along a copy of my degree and employer letters that were used as the basis of my I-140/LC's experience and degree requirements.

Everything that you bring, organize it into file folders according to category. I had "Birth/Marriage/Degree Certs", "Employer Letters", "Paystubs", "Taxes", "I-94s/Approval Notices", "Advance Parole", and "Bank Statements". I knew where everything was and never needed to fumble or dig around.

There is a 99% chance you will not need anything more than your EVL and 1040. I'm suggesting this for several reasons, though.

First, on the days before your interview you will worry. I did. Organizing all of these documents gave me something to do and made me feel like I was getting prepared and somewhat in control of the situation. Second, what you don't want is to have your approval or your dependents' approval delayed because you forgot a document at home. Your objective is to get out of that office with the stamp, and you want to have your documentation ready to defeat any objection that USCIS might have.

Finally, you will have enough to worry about on the interview day. Knowing that all of your stuff is with you and organized gives you a little bit more confidence. Pull the folders out and lay them on the desk, so you don't need to fumble and drop or mess stuff up. It will also convey to the examiner that you are organized, professional and know what you're doing. Compared to the mess that a lot of family-based cases are, this will make an impression on the examiner.

Good luck. You'll do just fine.

Help Regarding EAD and Parole at Atlanta office

My case was trasferred from VSC to ATL office in Jan 04 ( My RD is 08/2002).
I applied for EAD (5 months ago) and Advance Parole ( 3 months ago) at VSC.

I dont have any updates on both EAD and Parole from VSC. My EAD expires on Aug 19 th and I am planning to go to ATL office for IEAD next week.

Any suggestions on the documents to be carried and time to go to office :confused: .Also does ATL issue IEAD's on the same day or I will have to come back again.

Can I apply for a Parole again at the ATL office??

How long does ATL take to schedule an interview :mad: .

I live 120 miles from ATLANTA.I had never tried to contact them .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
PD 10/2000
RD AUG 2 ND 2002
ND AUG 6 TH 2002
TD JAN 21 2002
ID ??

Case Transferred

My case was transferred on July 28 from TSC to ATL. Any idea what dates is Atlanta's office processing these days?

Please advise.

Here's my Stats:
RD: 04/29/02
ND: 04/30/02
PF: 03/16/03
RFE: 06/28/04
RFE ACK: 07/14/04
TD: 07/28/04

hi chintu,
Dont worry. I just went on july 29th 2004 morning 8:45 PM to Atlanta downtown INS office to get my interim EAD as I havent got my EAD and it is due past 90 days.
i) Went to the front desk and showed my receipt notice and told them it is past 90 days. They take a look at it and if the receipt date is really past 90 days. They will assign an E number to the copy and will take it inside. And they will advice you to go to room number 111 (I suppose) and wait for your name to be called.
ii) For me around 10:30 AM, they called my name (basically one counter totally works on issuing EAD alone). They asked me to show my passport just to ensure that I am the person whom they are issuing the EAD for. Then she asked me to wait.
iii) Then after 20 minutes on the left hand side there is a door from there she once again called my name and they took my photo and after 10 minutes they gave me interim EAD for 8 months. I asked her only 8 months instead of one year, she said that I will be getting one year EAD from the pending I-765 (EAD) adjudications anyway. So she said not to worry about 8 months.
There was another person who came 7:00 AM to get his interim EAD got his interim EAD card around 10:30 AM. So total process to get in and get the EAD in hand takes around 4 hours approximately. Nothing to panic, just take your passport for your photo I.D. Good luck.