Atlanta Local Office Processing

Guys

Something strange that I am not able to understand. I applied for my EAD renewal in Atlanta processing center back in Oct 03. What happens next is I get "Notice of Action" case Type "I-765 App for EAD" from BCIS, MO for taking the Biometrics.

I am confused. What about the EAD? I haven't heard anything back on that. Other friends of mine in similar situations applied and received notifications from Atlanta processing center to collect renewed EAD.

Are Biometrics and EAD related ..

Thanks

Atlanta BCIS appears to be forwarding all their new applications to MSC. They are one of a number of local offices to be doing so, but this development has had no impact on their processing times as of yet. :(

It appears your EAD application did the same thing; now MSC is sending you a notice to get your photograph and fingerprint done for the EAD. This is probably the new version of what the local office used to send out in the old days. Where does the notice say to go for this?

Notice has asked me to call 800 number for date and location. I got 12/30, Atlanta Buckhead. It goes by the zip number.

My wife who applied for EAD renewal almost simultaneously but a little before, didn't go through the same process. She got her EAD issued by BCIS Atlanta down town last week.

Originally posted by Greencard001
Notice has asked me to call 800 number for date and location. I got 12/30, Atlanta Buckhead. It goes by the zip number.

What's the street address? Fulton Street or Buford Highway?

I just got a reply from the senator's ofice. The Atlanta office is processing June 2001 cases and will not schedule any more interviews till march 2004...which is definately no good news.

Originally posted by waitingforaos
I just got a reply from the senator's ofice. The Atlanta office is processing June 2001 cases and will not schedule any more interviews till march 2004...which is definately no good news.

I sent Charles an e-mail today requesting confirmation of this. If this is true, I'm going to get quite upset. I'm mad as hell that Senator Miller talks about this great tax cut he passes, and because of inefficiency in USCIS I get to give it all back to the government in EAD and AP fees.

We'll see how sanguine he is about governmental inefficiency and if he's willing to support a supplemental appropriation for Atlanta USCIS.

Why not call

RealCanadian,
I would encourage you to call Charles and ask for an update. I called him Dec2 and got a reply in mail mailed on dec3, with a fax copy from BCIS. As far as I can tell its true as the processing date on the web site still says June 26.
Do keep us posted

I think I will get my case transferred to Boston. They are quite efficient and Atlanta is quite crowded.

I was trying a date for my Biometrics in Atlanta. Earliest date they cd get me was 12/30 i.e. 5 weeks notice. I accepted the date but called BCIS again for an appointment in Boston. There you go!!! I got myself setup for next day and done..Chapter closed..

Atlatan local office has huge delay to schedule interview since GA state has only one local office in Atlanta where as most of the states have atleast 2 local office..Also, Atlanta office is even handling some case of NC state also.

Does any body knows why GA state has only has one local office??

Updated processing times for the District Offices are out. Atlanta has moved forward two weeks in the past month, so they're now at July 9th, 2001.

We got movement, let's see if it keeps up.

Hello all,

My case is also transferred to Atlanta, GA on Dec 2nd, 2003.
My lawyer got transfer notice and she is going to fax me.

Bumpity-bump. Any news, fellas?

I think USCIS' local office statistics and processing dates get updated only once a month, on the 15th. We'll see what Atlanta is doing in a week and a half, and then I get to call Zell's office yet again.

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to visit the Atlanta BCIS office on Monday, January 12th 2004. Please let me know what time should I reach there to get the ticket. I heard that tickets are limited.

Any updates

Hey guys......any updates on Atlanta local processing. I was on vacation and just got back. Before I left I had talked to Charles and he had told me that I would not hear from them till march ....my Rd is July 17 2001.
Also, who would get the interview letter.....me or my lawyer. Till now my lawyer has always got all the letters unless I have applied for anything personally....EAD or AP.
I have switched jobs. Do I have to inform then about the change. Also, ahould I get all the originals from my lawyer as the lawyer was hired by my ex employer....or should I talk to the lawyer directly whiich am not sure if it would be possible.

You may get it soon...

Atlanta just released new processing time. It is still July 9,2001. You may get the call very soon.....

Do they consider Receipt Date or Transfer Date in Atlanta?

When a case is transferred from another service center to the Atlanta Local office for processing, do they consider the original date of filing (Receipt Date) of the I-485 application with the Service Center, or do they take into account the *transfer* date to the Atlanta Office?
When I called the National Customer Service number to ask about the status of my case, they said that the Atlanta office is processing cases that they received in July 2001, and they consider the date the application was *transferred* to Atlanta, and *not* the original receipt date.
It just seems very unfair to have to stand in the line all over again. Do any of you know more on this subject?

Re: Do they consider Receipt Date or Transfer Date in Atlanta?

Originally posted by NS485
When I called the National Customer Service number to ask about the status of my case, they said that the Atlanta office is processing cases that they received in July 2001, and they consider the date the application was *transferred* to Atlanta, and *not* the original receipt date.

NCSC doesn't know anything, especially not about transfers. I have it on good authority that Atlanta USCIS uses the Sevice Center receipt date.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that information from? Did someone at the Atlanta office tell you?