Atlanta Local Office Processing

Re: Anyone interested to join for a Meeting with Senator Saxby Chambliss?

I have received very good response and enough confirmation from the GA constituents..I will keep you all posted.

Thank you so much!

ATL CIS Update

ATL is starting to process April 2001 cases. It appears they had mistakenly presumed the current processing time to be July 2001. There you go, rewind 4 months.

Folks, at this rate, we all have to wait for several years more. We need to find an alternate.

Guys and Gals,

Has anybody been in a situation where their 90 days have passed since the submission of I765 but the local office refuses to issue one. My younger brother has been to the local INS office in Atl numerous time but each time they reply that they are waiting for some confirmation. They wont tell him what. When he calls the 800 number they just tell him to go get his Interim ID. They also confirmed that there are no redflags on his app. Any info would be greatly appreciated. He is getting quite desperate since his employers cant wait for so long for him to be on bench. It has been more than 20+ days since his EAD expired and more than 90 days since the submission of his 1765. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

QCO....

Last edited by a moderator:
QC01,

I got my interim EAD from Charlotte, NC local office even before 90 days without any question asked where as ATL local office refused to give..

Please ask your brother to try at Charlotte, NC local office..document required are: I-765 origianal notice..I-485 receipt notice..previous EAD (if renewing)..I-765 application..passport..They are very nice people in NC office. You can get address from the USCIS office.

Good luck!!

Originally posted by QCO1
Guys and Gals,

Has anybody been in a situation where their 90 days have passed since the submission of I765 but the local office refuses to issue one. My younger brother has been to the local INS office in Atl numerous time but each time they reply that they are waiting for some confirmation. They wont tell him what. When he calls the 800 number they just tell him to go get his Interim ID. They also confirmed that there are no redflags on his app. Any info would be greatly appreciated. He is getting quite desperate since his employers cant wait for so long for him to be on bench. It has been more than 20+ days since his EAD expired and more than 90 days since the submission of his 1765. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

QCO....

Waitingforaos - Information came from ATL CIS

Attention all waiting for AOS interview in ATL...

We may have to think about an alternate plan ....

How about filing a combined Writ with the ATL District Court? There are a few of us (under 10?) and a combined writ may be appropriate. We can engage a common attorney and split the cost.

A notification from an attorney with a threatened lawsuit may do the job. If not, we may proceed with the Writ option. Any takers?

Thank you for your reply. Can he go ahead and goto a office other then the one he applied to. NC is only a few hrs away for him and I dont see a problem him going there I guess am just concerned if he is allowed to goto a center other than the one u submit the application to. Once again thanks for ur advice.

Regards,

QCO

Re: Waitingforaos - Information came from ATL CIS

Originally posted by victim1084
A notification from an attorney with a threatened lawsuit may do the job. If not, we may proceed with the Writ option. Any takers?

I would be delighted to join such an effort. My case is a little tricky right now as I am almost between jobs, but I hope to have an offer in the next few days.

Since Rajiv has the expertise in filing mandamus suits here, my thought would be to contact him and get his thoughts on the matter. The situation at the ATL office is attrocious and since our members of Congress are expending as much effort on the situation as OJ does looking for his ex-wife's killer, we need to show we mean business.

Rajiv, would you be interested in taking this one on? What are the details and how much money would it cost?

I don't see any problem since I got my I-EAD from NC where as I live in GA..Let him go there and try..

Originally posted by QCO1
Thank you for your reply. Can he go ahead and goto a office other then the one he applied to. NC is only a few hrs away for him and I dont see a problem him going there I guess am just concerned if he is allowed to goto a center other than the one u submit the application to. Once again thanks for ur advice.

Regards,

QCO

Feb6361,

I really appreciate this Info. He is now planning to go try from NC first thing tomorrow morning. I will let you know the outcome. Hopefully that would work for him also.

Thanks,

QCO1...

Re: Re: Waitingforaos - Information came from ATL CIS

I am also ready to join with you . It is very frustrating, waiting for 13 months......

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
I would be delighted to join such an effort. My case is a little tricky right now as I am almost between jobs, but I hope to have an offer in the next few days.

Since Rajiv has the expertise in filing mandamus suits here, my thought would be to contact him and get his thoughts on the matter. The situation at the ATL office is attrocious and since our members of Congress are expending as much effort on the situation as OJ does looking for his ex-wife's killer, we need to show we mean business.

Rajiv, would you be interested in taking this one on? What are the details and how much money would it cost?

Realcanadian

You mentioned that you are in between jobs? Did you file anything with the immigration dept just because you changed jobs....AC21 etc. Am assuming that your grren card petition was filed by your ex employer.

Appreciate if you could send me information we you have or planning on doing something as I too switched jobs couple of months ago.

Thanks

Re: Realcanadian

Originally posted by waitingforaos
You mentioned that you are in between jobs? Did you file anything with the immigration dept just because you changed jobs....AC21 etc. Am assuming that your grren card petition was filed by your ex employer.

Hell no. They don't need me to tell them, and they're too lazy to ask. Even if I did offer a new EVL, they'd ignore it and request another one at the interview anyways.

I'm tempted to wander by the office the day after my I-94 expires and ask innocently, "what do I do now?". Maybe they'll serve me with an NTA.

Any news on the meeting with Saxby Chambliss? I may have a permanent job offer coming my way soon so I'm getting anxious to rev things up. Having the dates slip back three months is the last straw in my book.

No news yet..waiting for their response..will keep you posted as soon as I will hear the news..

Thanks..

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
Any news on the meeting with Saxby Chambliss? I may have a permanent job offer coming my way soon so I'm getting anxious to rev things up. Having the dates slip back three months is the last straw in my book.

Yeehah! Progress date moved back to April 1st, 2001. Since the local office processing times came out six months ago, Atlanta has not moved forward AT ALL. It's actually moved back.

Since I am getting a permanent job offer this week, it's mandamus suit time. Anyone going to mention this disgraceful state of affairs to Saxby's LA tomorrow?

What is it?

Realcanadian
What is mandamus suit ?
can you explain in detail....and also who would be eligible and how would it help?

Hey Canadian,

I would like to join you for mandamus. Rajiv can file the case for you for free.

But how a date can move back? I have no clue? Like Atlanta, if TSC starts this new thing then we are stuck.