Atlanta Local Office Processing

Hello guys... I need to renew EAD/AP.

Could you guys please reply ASAP.

I need to file for EAD/AP.

Now that my case is transferred to Altanta local office, what are the procedures?

PLEASE PLease reply back to me.
thanks.

Buying a house

I am buying a house and got to know that if one is not a citizen or permanent resident then the interest rate is different then if one is either a citizen or permanent resident. Please shar any experiences on this.
Also, I have called the Senator Miller's office to find out about my case with RD of July 2001, as I am seeing a few interviews for Jun/July 2001 cases but have still not heard anything.
Any updates on this too are more than welcome

Regards.

Tufan

I just renewed my EAD for the fourth time :mad:
Filled the EAD exttention form online. After that called the 1-800 number to set an appointment fro finger print and photo. Then just wait and you should get the EAD in mail in about 60-90 days.
I had renewed my 3rd EAD at the Atlanta office too.....same process and its pretty cool.
I donot have an Ap so cannot help you in that

Waitingforaos,

thanks for the reply. You and other are few people that i can count on this forum.
I live in Greenville, South Carolina.
There is a local center near to my home in Greer, South Carolina. Can i file EAD/AP in that office? Will I need the pictures/fingerprints to be taken?

Hope you get an interview soon as you have been tracking June/July 2001 cases.

Tufan

I would apply the EAD online and fill the center where case pending as Atlanta. Then when you call the 800 number they will ask you your current address and figure out the nearest office

Avoid Online Filing

For what it's worth, I would avoid the online filing if possible. Atlanta USCIS seems to turn around EADs in around 60 days; MSC finally approved my EAD, four and a half months after it was filed.

Blech.

Hey you guys,
I have been in touch with Senator's office for past 4 months. They said they are in touch with Atlanta.
don't know when my interview would be scheduled, looking at your dates and stuff, it's pretty scary.

Do you know if Senators have been successful in scheduling an interview sooner?

I don't think so.... but let me know your thoughts.

Not really....

From my experience, Senator's office helps to get the status on your case, not speed it up. But it definately helps as contacting is Atlanta Office directly is useless as they donot tell you anything. So, contacting the Senator's office definately helps in knowing approximately how long its going to take.

Waitingforaos,

Did you contact any Senators? Did they tell you how long it will take for your processing?

Where was your case orginally filed?
please mention your
RD.
thanks.

today i went to local office to apply for EAD/AP as it had expired 1 year ago. I was busy preparing the paper work, last two weeks.

Greer, is a local office in South Carolina. it serves office in Atlanta, Charlotte, and Charleston. (My I-485 got transferred to Atlanta). Today it was raining and i took advantage of that. Basically, this officer Ms. Gutwald was very nice. She took my EAD/AP application and fees of $175/$165 respectively.

When she check my information in the database, she told me that the file is on it's way via fedex from Vermont to Atlanta, and then it my get transferred to this local office in Greer, south Carolina or Charleston. as then Atlanta will look and the file and say that this person lives in South Carolina.

Anways... for the EAD she took the application. But she returned the photographs as she said that i'll be going in person to the Charleston office and they will take the picture and take the fingerprint and will give me EAD on the spot. The new procedure is that EAD will look lot different. Still it will be valid for 1 year.

when i asked ther why my file was transferred, she said moving is not the only reason. it might be something that they need to verify in person, like orginal documents, employment etc!!! (then she was telling me the documents i need to bring in an interview).
She said she won't know until she gets the file, why case was transferred. She said i can expect the interview in 6 months and hopefully this EAD would be my last one. (Atleast she was nice in talking). I talked to her for 15 mins as their was no one behind me. The biggest relief i have is that i have filed for AP so that i can travel and see my family.

I asked her many questions. I said smiling, maybe i should qualify for citizenship as i have been in the country for 14 years, she smiled and said, you first have to finish 5 years on GC.

Then i asked her to verify all the documents. She said she has already done that otherwise she would have told me. She said that once the office closes at 2PM she'll be processing all the applications.

She said they are scheduling interviews for July 2001 filers. My RD is Dec 2001. (this is for Greer local office). Gutwald said that they are adding another office and she will be in the training.

I have never seen INS office in my life where an officer would spend 15 mins politely talking to someone. I have been to offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Norfolk, Charleston, but never had good experience.

Therefore, just wanted to let you guys know my local office experience.

question?

Cool....sounds like you are going to have a short wait....as opposed to us who have been waiting for 2+ years.

Anyways...I just applied to renew my EAD for the 4th time and send a check for $120. The check has been cleared. You mentioned that you paid $175. How come....did I pay less or you paid more. Any inputs.
I any case what happens if you have send more or less money?

Waiting,

I have been waiting at Vermont for 2.5 years. However, local centers have their own wait times as you probably know.

How come you are waiting for 2 years just to get an interview from the local office? Please post your case details? Where wes it filed originally? I am confused why you keep on saying your case has been pending for 2 years just for an interview?

My case RD is 12/17/01, it was filed at Vermont. The senator office wrote me yesterday that Charleston/Greenville/Atlanta offices are scheduling inteview for cases received before 8/2001.

Regarding the fees for EAD, the new fees are $175. I guess you lucked out. New AP fees are $165.

Just on another note: The senator's office informed me today that all officers from major service center have been assigned to approve N400 naturalization applications as the elections are approaching? Therefore, we are left in limbo once again.

tufan,

what is the senator name that you are talking with?

Thank you!

tufan said:
Waiting,

I have been waiting at Vermont for 2.5 years. However, local centers have their own wait times as you probably know.

How come you are waiting for 2 years just to get an interview from the local office? Please post your case details? Where wes it filed originally? I am confused why you keep on saying your case has been pending for 2 years just for an interview?

My case RD is 12/17/01, it was filed at Vermont. The senator office wrote me yesterday that Charleston/Greenville/Atlanta offices are scheduling inteview for cases received before 8/2001.

Regarding the fees for EAD, the new fees are $175. I guess you lucked out. New AP fees are $165.

Just on another note: The senator's office informed me today that all officers from major service center have been assigned to approve N400 naturalization applications as the elections are approaching? Therefore, we are left in limbo once again.

naturalizations preceding everything

I checked at my local office. the officer too said that "they are working on citizenship interviews right now".

Tufan

Whaich Senator are you talking with. I have tried contacting Zell Miller's office but in vain. They keep saying that we are trying to find out about your case but then donot hear back from them.
My RD is July 2001 and was originally filed in Vermont. The case got transfered to Atlanta office in Sep 2002....so its almost 2 yrs that I have been waiting for an interview.
Hope the information you got from the Senator is true, whcih means I should get a call soon. Will wait till end of this month, if donot hear from them then will have to figure out how to get more information on the case....any ideas?

waitingforaos said:
Whaich Senator are you talking with. I have tried contacting Zell Miller's office but in vain. They keep saying that we are trying to find out about your case but then donot hear back from them.
My RD is July 2001 and was originally filed in Vermont. The case got transfered to Atlanta office in Sep 2002....so its almost 2 yrs that I have been waiting for an interview.
Hope the information you got from the Senator is true, whcih means I should get a call soon. Will wait till end of this month, if donot hear from them then will have to figure out how to get more information on the case....any ideas?

Waiting, i have been talking to South Carolina Senator, Fritz Hollings. His office is bases in Washington DC. Dude, i don't know why your case got transferred so early in the processing. I think you are all set for an interview as i have written letter from Charleston office that they are scheduling interviews for cases before 8/2001. I also walked in local office and they told me the same thing. Therefore, the news is confirmed. Just wait another months as you have already waited 2 + years. I know the wait is painful. I waited in Vermont and now i will be waiting here.

fyi..Originally Posted by virtualgc
Folks,

I have not been part of this forum so far. I had met Feb6361 a few days back and he guided me to join this forum, although in the fag-end of my approval process.

Anyway, today I received the Interview notice from Atlanta District Office. They have asked me to show up on Jun 23 with family members. Here are the details of my case.

SRC01-264-*****
EB3-GA-IND
PD: May 13, 1999
RD: July 27, 2001
ND: Sep 10, 2001
TD: Jan 29, 2004
FP: Mar 11, 2003
2nd FP: May 07, 2004 (I went to ADO on May 03, 2004 and asked for this)

No change of employer or address - straight case.

Hopefully, they have started sending notices to so many of us waiting. Shall appreciate anybody's tips on the Interview process.

Thanks and keep hanging in there !

Feb6361, thanks for the details. Looks like VirtualGC got interview withing 5 months of transfer.

Don't know why he requested 2nd Fingerprints? Is it becuase FP's are valid for 15 months and when he goes to the interview he didn't want to wait further to take 2nd FP's?

Hope things start moving soon.
take care
-tufan.