Atlanta Local Office Processing

from_ks

can you post your friend's RD, I am having problems opening the link.
I see people with uly RD's are geting interview calls. My RD(as most of you know it by now) is July 2001. What would be my options to find out
(1) how long I need to wait or
(2) did I miss the interview call

Other than contacting the Senator's office, as I have contacted them twice with no replies

For waitingforaos

Waitingforaos,

My friend's RD is 5/1/2001 and his ND is 6/18/2001. His SRC is SRC-01-200-XXXXX.

He never contacted Senator's Office or other means to help. His case transferred to Atlanta on 3/1/2004, I believe it will take probably a month for the actual file to reach the local office. He received his Interview letter from local office in early May and schedule to interview on June 7. Got approved on the same day even though not that smooth. Below is the detail I posted for the interview. Hope it helps.

Good luck.

---------------
My friend's I-485 got approved today at Atlanta Local Office after interview. His Info is

I-485
RD: 05/01/2001
ND: 06/18/2001
FP: 10/2003
Transfer to Atlanta Local Office: 03/10/2004
Interview and Approved: 006/07/2004 at Atlanta

His I-485 is NIW based.

The interview result is a happy ending but the process is not. See the following.

The office just asked the normal questions and employment letter, and asked my friend and his wife do the finger print, but when he pulled the information from the computer, he told my friend that it is a denial. He said since my friend's case is straightforward and there must be something wrong with the system, he said he need to talk to his supervisor and told my friend he might take a day to figure it out and would inform them. He put a stamp saying they have come for the interview today and my friend asked if they need another interview and he said next time come and get the passport stamped. So my friend left the office.

In the hall, my friend checked their I-94s and could not find his wife's I-94, so he went back to the office and his wife stayed in the hall with their kid. He asked if he could talk to the officer, the front desk said my friend could not go in, but he asked the officer out. My friend told the office they might forget the I-94 in his office and the officer told him you don't need them and asked him if he brought their passports with him and my friends did have with him so he stamped both passports.

It seems Atlanta Office is working the case with I-485 ND order.

Aproooooooooooooooooved

Hi All,

My case has been approved today after Interview at Atlanta Office. I have changed the employer and not filed AC21. Here are the details.

Took the oath in front of officer
gave the finger prints
officer asked me few questions about crime, depot, etc...
Then he asked me if I am working with the same employer. I said no and he requested new Employment Letter. I gave the new employment letter and he just kept the letter in the file.
Stamped the Passport.

Its a simple interview and didn't see any problems at all.

tst123 said:
Hi All,

My case has been approved today after Interview at Atlanta Office. I have changed the employer and not filed AC21. Here are the details.

Took the oath in front of officer
gave the finger prints
officer asked me few questions about crime, depot, etc...
Then he asked me if I am working with the same employer. I said no and he requested new Employment Letter. I gave the new employment letter and he just kept the letter in the file.
Stamped the Passport.

Its a simple interview and didn't see any problems at all.

tst123, Conrgatulations!!! You deserve all this after long long wait. Glad that the interview worked out smoothly.

Please post any further details you might find necessary.

Got FP2 notice

Atlanta USCIS sent me an FP2 notice for June 30th.

RD: 8/28/01
ND: 10/26/01
FP1: 1/31/02
RFE: 8/2/02
RFE RD: 8/28/02
TD: 10/22/02
FP2: 6/30/04

The Real,

Hope you get interview notice there after?

Anyways.. you are getting close. Maybe you can ask more about your interview when you got for FP.

It's strange that how your case got transferred so early!! The wait is forever, either it be VSC, NSC, CSC,TSC or local offices.

They get you either way. :rolleyes:

Finally....

In my recent inquiry about my interview, got toknow that they have still not scheduled my interview. RealCanadian, when did you do your last FP. Your RD and ND are after mine so I should be getting appointment for my 2nd FP too, or a interview letter or may be just get approved, without interview :)

Hoping this issue is closed by end of next month....am totally tired with it now.

waitingforaos said:
In my recent inquiry about my interview, got toknow that they have still not scheduled my interview. RealCanadian, when did you do your last FP. Your RD and ND are after mine so I should be getting appointment for my 2nd FP too, or a interview letter or may be just get approved, without interview.

My first and last FP was done in January 2002, so it's long since expired. I sent Atlanta USCIS a letter requesting a humanitarian expedite about two months ago, with an employment letter and paystubs specifically requesting approval without interview if possible. We'll see if the FP is a prelude to approval, or prelude to interview.

TheRealCanadian,

Please go and do an early FP on this saturday afternoon. They are very nice people..explain your situation.

Wish you all the best!!

TheRealCanadian said:
My first and last FP was done in January 2002, so it's long since expired. I sent Atlanta USCIS a letter requesting a humanitarian expedite about two months ago, with an employment letter and paystubs specifically requesting approval without interview if possible. We'll see if the FP is a prelude to approval, or prelude to interview.

feb6361 said:
Please go and do an early FP on this saturday afternoon. They are very nice people..explain your situation.

My employer is getting squirrelly on the EVL. I'm not rushing things unless I am confident that I can do the interview tomorrow without issues.

OK, went for early fingerprinting today. Showed up around 12:10 on a Saturday, and the folks said that they "might" be able to accomodate me, depending on the load. Waited almost an hour before I got a number for FP. Don't show up at lunchtime on Saturday; if you want early FP in Atlanta you can probably get it, but only if they're not busy. I'd advise you to show up at 8:30am when the office opens.

Atlanta ASC uses the electronic FP; last time I had FP done within 3 days they had cleared so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Got the EVL by mail this afternoon when I got back.

Waiting and RealCanadian,

Just to let you guys know, i don't know if it's a good news for bad news, but my case again has been transferred on 6/16/04 from Atlanta to South Carolina, Greer. Greer is processing July 2001 cases right now based upon the website.

the reason for transfer is becuase i have moved to Greenville, South Carolina and Lyndsy Graham's Senator's office informed me that since Atlanta gets the files initially being the district office, the files get forwarded to local centers based upon the juridiction.

so.. when i had gone to Greer South Carolina to apply for EAD/AP i was told by the officer that i can expect interview in 6-7 months. you know how that goes. for EAD charleston still has to schedule my interview. :rolleyes:

Received Interview Notice

Looks like the early FP2 did the trick - received my and my wife's interview notice for July 15th. I will post the requested document list when I return home.

Congratulations!

Therealcanadian. Do let us know what they have asked you to get for the interview. I guess you have also changed employers and not filed AC21...right

I think my RD was before your's so hope to get a call soon. Any suggestions on how long should I wait to contact them if I donot hear from them.

Good Luck!

waitingforaos said:
Therealcanadian. Do let us know what they have asked you to get for the interview. I guess you have also changed employers and not filed AC21...right

I filed my I-485 in August 2001 on the basis of future employment. I got RFE'd on it a year later and submitted an updated employment letter that was skimpy on details. I got transferred in October 2002. Waiting ever since.

Basically, you'll get two letters from USCIS. The first is the interview notice which basically gives you date and time and a checklist of things to bring along like the G-325A, I-864, photos, BC, photo ID and "items on the attached sheet". All I need to bring is photo ID and the items on the sheet.

The attachment has two pages; the first outlines the I-864 and indicates that all family-based applicants need to bring a signed and notarized I-864. Since I am employment-based, I am not bothering with this for either myself or my wife (they have the original I-864 from when I filed the I-485). I am providing a copy of my money market account statement (which has a high five figure balance) so supporting my wife shouldn't come up.

The second page says "please bring all checked documents" (and all choices are checked). There's a lot of "if based on marriage", which doesn't apply here. For employment-based, they want "a current letter of employment for the beneficiary". The bottom indicates "if you are submitting documents not previously submitted, please bring originals and copies."

So here's what I'm going to bring:

1. Passport for my wife and I.
2. My I-94, her I-94.
3. My valid EADs.
4. Certified copy of our marriage certificate.
5. Employment Letter.
6. Recent paystubs.

I'm also going to take my all-purpose "immigration folder", which has copies of I-94s and I-797s dating back to 1998, my original EVL, etc. etc. I've found it important to both limit the information you initially present, but always have backup in case they need more. I doubt I will need it, but I'd rather bring an extra doc or two than delay things a few weeks or months.

Waitingforaos, I suspect that my case actually got expedited based on the humanitarian request I made two months ago. I would wait and see what the July processing dates at the local office look like; if we have good forward movement we'll see. If my passport gets stamped at the interview (and I'm going to ask to hang around if they need to do a name check or get a visa number so I can get it stamped same day) I'll ask what dates they're processing so I can give you some info.

One other interesting note; I received a copy of my fingerprint notice in the mail from our attorney's office. I am intruiged by the fact that the FP was supposed to happen today, but it was sent only yesterday by "2-day" mail. Glad to see they're looking out for me. :rolleyes: