Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

dear shanks

can you please tell me is your n-400 marriage base ? and did you apply three years or five years after?
I just wonder to know if N-400 base on marriage after three years then is this requriment to take your wife on interview or you can go without her?

thanks

In your case you need to disclose that you are separated from your wife instead of worrying if the IO will request to see her at interview.

Document checklist, applying for N-400

Hello All,
I just wanted to make sure that i need to send following only with the N-400 application. Please confirm? Note: (i am not applying for N-400 based upon marriage to a US citizen). Both myself and my spouce are GC holders and applying together so please confirm this is what all i need to send with the application? thanks...

Document Checklist for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

All Applicants for Naturalization must send the following items with their N-400 application:
A photocopy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card
Two identical color photographs, with your name and "A-number" written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo.
A check or money order for the application fee and the biometric services fee (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from the biometrics services fee). Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order. The application fee is $595 and the biometrics services fee is $80. You may combine the fees into one check or money order. Make your check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security."

thats Hard to say , without knowing what did u answer to all Quastions on the n-400 Form.
For Exp : if u have been in jail , you need to attach the Police Report, Verdict...

If you have been outside the US for more than 6 Month , u need to attach Excplaintion
if you were married before u need to attach a proof of Divorce ( Divorce paper ) and also if ur wife has been married before ..
if you paid ur tax u need proof of that , tax Return..
SOme Documents Showing u and ur wife been togather such Bank Statment, Lease..
Your Marriag Certificat , if not english u need to transualte it to english and include Both..there realy other stuff Depand in wht did u answer i just Gave u some Examples..

tufan: Assuming you have never been arrested that is pretty much it. You definitely do not need to send tax returns with your application, no leases, no marriage certificates, no proofs of divorce, no bank statements. You can take those documents with you to the interview but they are not needed for initial filing.

Received IL letter

04/02/09: Application sent
04/03/09: Application received
04/03/09: Priority date
04/14/09: Check cashed
04/23/09: FP notice received
05/06/09: FP appointment
06/02/09: Received interview letter
07/16/09: Interview date

I completed fingerprinting today (as scheduled). There was no line this time and people working there (Collier Rd App Support Center) were very courteous. I am now waiting for the interview letter.

eltoro you ROCK!! thanks...

tufan: Assuming you have never been arrested that is pretty much it. You definitely do not need to send tax returns with your application, no leases, no marriage certificates, no proofs of divorce, no bank statements. You can take those documents with you to the interview but they are not needed for initial filing.

Thanks.. Eltoro..!!!

thats Hard to say , without knowing what did u answer to all Quastions on the n-400 Form.
For Exp : if u have been in jail , you need to attach the Police Report, Verdict...

If you have been outside the US for more than 6 Month , u need to attach Excplaintion
if you were married before u need to attach a proof of Divorce ( Divorce paper ) and also if ur wife has been married before ..
if you paid ur tax u need proof of that , tax Return..
SOme Documents Showing u and ur wife been togather such Bank Statment, Lease..
Your Marriag Certificat , if not english u need to transualte it to english and include Both..there realy other stuff Depand in wht did u answer i just Gave u some Examples..

thanks... most of the above does not apply to me and the answer on n-400 is NO. On USciS website they are not requesting any above documents.

Please confirm.. thanks!

Atlanta D/O Processing Dates

Folks - appreciate the time and detail in compiling the N-400 processing details. My processing times are as follows and will update as we go along.

DO - Atlanta
06/02/09 : N-400 Mailed Lock Box - Texas.
06/03/09 : N-400 Received.
06/03/09 : Priority Date.
06/05/09 : Check Cashed
06/08/09 : NOA Received.
: FP Notice Received
: FP Done (walk-in).
: FP Appointment
: Interview Letter.
: Interview Date
: Interview & Oath completed

DO - Atlanta
06/02/09 : N-400 Mailed Lock Box - Texas.
06/03/09 : N-400 Received.
06/03/09 : Priority Date.
06/05/09 : Check Cashed
06/08/09 : NOA Received.
: FP Notice Received
: FP Done (walk-in).
: FP Appointment
: Interview Letter.
: Interview Date
: Interview & Oath completed

Sivavenkat, we go hand in hand. :) Hopefully, everything will happen fast and smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview on May 14, 2009. At the interview, I requested that my Oath be postponed to a later date as I had to travel outside the country and the officer obliged. I travelled outside the US and have returned. I also received a letter with the Oath date and a questionnaire. One of the questions there is if I travelled outside the country after the interview.

Is this going to be an issue?

I had my interview on May 14, 2009. At the interview, I requested that my Oath be postponed to a later date as I had to travel outside the country and the officer obliged. I travelled outside the US and have returned. I also received a letter with the Oath date and a questionnaire. One of the questions there is if I travelled outside the country after the interview.

Is this going to be an issue?

No. It will not be an issue if the trip was for a few days. You will have to declare the trip on the back of the Oath Letter. Make sure you carry your passport because they will want to see the arrival stamp.

Last edited by a moderator: