Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Can we apply for citizenship 90 days before the anniversary of 5 years of permenant residency? We can apply very next day when 4 years and 9 months gets over. correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, you can. You need to remember that 90 days is not 3 months.

For example, if you were approved 9/22/2004 you will not be able to apply 6/22/2004, as this is 92 days before GC approval date. The correct date to apply would be 6/24/2009.

That being said most people prefer to send their applications 85 days before the date on their green cards to avoid confusing a USCIS bureaucrat.

Hello everyone,
Everything when every well and smoothly during my interview yesterday...
Though my interview was schedule for 8:45, I was in and out by 8:05 the whole thing took about 15 mins.
I was approved, and I did the afternoon oath.

He went through my application with the "yes" and "no", then he asked 6 questions, when I got them all right he stopped.
questions:
1-what is one promise you make when you become US citizen?
2-who is your governor?
3-where is the statue of the liberty?
4-First US president?
5- what are 2 US holidays?
6- Can't remember

He made me read: "what the sate has the most people?"
and write:" California has the most people"
Then, congratulated me and asked if i wanted same day oath, and gave me the result sheet.
I came back at 1PM for the oath ceremony.

BIG Thanks to everyone here for the support!

Hi DoxATL ,

Congratulations!!! Happy to hear that you are done with USCIS for good.

As I mentioned in my earlier postings, good thing with ATLANTA DO is that we can do both Interview and OATH on same day (or next day if the interview gets delayed) - no need to wait for OATH letter for a month or two or more.

Good Luck with your next steps.

Thanks,
Why-R

Hello everyone,
Everything when every well and smoothly during my interview yesterday...
Though my interview was schedule for 8:45, I was in and out by 8:05 the whole thing took about 15 mins.
I was approved, and I did the afternoon oath.

He went through my application with the "yes" and "no", then he asked 6 questions, when I got them all right he stopped.
questions:
1-what is one promise you make when you become US citizen?
2-who is your governor?
3-where is the statue of the liberty?
4-First US president?
5- what are 2 US holidays?
6- Can't remember

He made me read: "what the sate has the most people?"
and write:" California has the most people"
Then, congratulated me and asked if i wanted same day oath, and gave me the result sheet.
I came back at 1PM for the oath ceremony.

BIG Thanks to everyone here for the support!
great !! congratulations !!

you are correct, you can file right after 4 years and 9 months. my approval date for gc is 11/1/04 and i plan to mail my application sometime in august of this year, let's see if i get lucky as i did not had much luck with the gc.

good luck

Hi All,

I received my finger printing notice today.

------------------------------------
DO - Atlanta
06/08/09 : N-400 Sent to TSC
06/09/09 : N-400 Received at TSC
06/09/09 : Priority Date
06/12/09 : Check cashed
06/16/09 : NOA Received
06/23/09 : FP Notice received
07/02/09 : FP Appointment

Interview dates

Folks

I did walk-in fingerprinting on 5/27/09 but haven't got my interview letter yet. Its been almost a month. Is this normal or I should call Lewisville customer support to check. Please throw in your thoughts.

Thanks

Folks

I did walk-in fingerprinting on 5/27/09 but haven't got my interview letter yet. Its been almost a month. Is this normal or I should call Lewisville customer support to check. Please throw in your thoughts.

Thanks

Call USCIS customer service and talk to second level IO. I kind of have the feeling that triggers an interview date.

Folks

Thanks

On average it takes up to 3 months after FP to get IL. Be patient and give it another month before you start inquiring.

All,

Anybody have an interview scheduled in July. Seems like a lot of people have been place in queue but no dates have been scheduled. Also it seems there wait times are increasing. They seems to be scheduling the interview 45 days after the notice.

Thanks,

mnq_n400

I had FP completed today. Though the letter says to bring any form of ID, everyone was specifically asked for Green Card only. No walk ins were allowed and no friends/family allowed in either, so the place looked almost deserted.

Though the letter says to bring any form of ID, everyone was specifically asked for Green Card only.

aniretake, my FP letter said specifically to bring my green card if I am a naturalization applicant; everyone else could use any form of ID.

Been an admirer of this forum for some time now..Here is my timeline. eltoro & in_a_few i will be paying attention we almost go hand in hand. I do realize that circumstances are different and each application is somewhat unique (in terms of no/yes etc and basis of eligibility). I hope for the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am watching eltoro and ga0509 for any updates. According to a second level IO, I have been placed in the que. Hopefully we get our ILs soon.

CFR Notice

Finally some movement in Atlanta DO....

My wife got CFR letter from Atlanta DO today. We both applied on Same day and got our FP notice for same day and time. But I did not get CFR or IL yet.

Although my wife got GC through marriage, the CFR just lists she should bring a photo id.

Will every one get a CFR?

D/O: Atlanta,GA
07/01/04 : GC received
04/26/09 : N-400 sent to TSC
05/26/09 : FP Done as per schedule
06/29/09 : CFR Received (for my wife)
?? : Interview letter
?? : Interview Date