Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

KSK,

I am not a moderator but it looks like you have already been approved for citizen by the officer
pending your oath. I think the question in the questionnaire is just for their records.

DO - Atlanta
06/02/09 : N-400 Mailed Lock Box - Texas.
06/03/09 : N-400 Received.
06/03/09 : Priority Date.
06/05/09 : Check Cashed
06/08/09 : NOA Received.
06/15/09: FP Notice Received
06/26/09: FP Appointment
: Interview Letter.
: Interview Date
: Interview & Oath completed

KSK,

I am not a moderator but it looks like you have already been approved for citizen by the officer
pending your oath. I think the question in the questionnaire is just for their records.

It's part of continuous residency requirement verification up until oath day. For example, if you take a long trip between interview and oath that puts your continuous residency into question, you will be pulled from oath.

My timeline:

DO - Atlanta
06/08/09 : N-400 Sent to TSC
06/09/09 : N-400 Received at TSC
06/09/09 : Priority Date
06/12/09 : Check cashed
06/16/09 : NOA Received

Hello all,

My interview was successful in Atlanta, GA. Did the oath also and all done in one day.

My interview appointment was in the morning 10:30AM but they kept me waiting until 12:45PM to be called in .... the lady (super nice indian american young lady) did a very quick run through the N-400 questions (did not ask all of them ... just a couple from each page), did the civics & english test all in less than 10 minutes. She was in such a hurry that I did not understand why at first, later she said that the oath cut-off time is 1:00PM and she wanted to finish my interview before the cut-off so that I can do the oath at 2PM.

She did ask for traffic citations and court disposition docs ... I had them with me so no problem there.

Again they kept me waiting until 2:10PM to get the oath letter for the oath .... so I had to rush to the ceremony. The oath started around 2:30 PM with about 127 people. I was sitting all the way in the back since I was one of the last to get in. I was out by 3:30PM

Thanks to all the forum members for their invaluable contributions.

Congratulations, ksam.
Please provide your timeline - other Atlantans (including me) will be grateful for that :)

Congratulations, ksam.
Please provide your timeline - other Atlantans (including me) will be grateful for that :)
Sure eltoro. Here it is:

DO - Atlanta, GA
02/23/09 : N-400 Mailed Lock Box - Texas.
02/24/09 : N-400 Delivered
02/24/09 : Priority Date.
03/13/09 : FP Notice Received
03/17/09 : FP Done (walk-in).
03/25/09 : FP Appointment
04/30/09 : Interview Letter.
06/17/09 : Interview Date
06/17/09 : Interview & Oath completed

Hello all,

My interview was successful in Atlanta, GA. Did the oath also and all done in one day.

My interview appointment was in the morning 10:30AM but they kept me waiting until 12:45PM to be called in .... the lady (super nice indian american young lady) did a very quick run through the N-400 questions (did not ask all of them ... just a couple from each page), did the civics & english test all in less than 10 minutes. She was in such a hurry that I did not understand why at first, later she said that the oath cut-off time is 1:00PM and she wanted to finish my interview before the cut-off so that I can do the oath at 2PM.

She did ask for traffic citations and court disposition docs ... I had them with me so no problem there.

Again they kept me waiting until 2:10PM to get the oath letter for the oath .... so I had to rush to the ceremony. The oath started around 2:30 PM with about 127 people. I was sitting all the way in the back since I was one of the last to get in. I was out by 3:30PM

Thanks to all the forum members for their invaluable contributions.

Hey ksam,
Congratulation... I am happy everything went well for you! I have my interview Monday!

Hey ksam,
Congratulation... I am happy everything went well for you! I have my interview Monday!
Good luck with your interview .... All I can say is be patient at the waiting rooms. Lot of people who came after me were called into interview before me. I was a little annoyed but what can I do? I thought I will have some time between interview & oath so that I can grab some lunch (did not eat breakfast) but didn't workout that way and I was super hungry and dizzy by the time oath is done ...

Good luck with your interview .... All I can say is be patient at the waiting rooms. Lot of people who came after me were called into interview before me. I was a little annoyed but what can I do? I thought I will have some time between interview & oath so that I can grab some lunch (did not eat breakfast) but didn't workout that way and I was super hungry and dizzy by the time oath is done ...

Hello ksam, thank you for the advice. I hope I get same day oath too (my interview is at 8:45 AM).
By the way, what time did the oath ceremony finish? Does everyone has to stay until the end of the oath ceremony?

I thought I will have some time between interview & oath so that I can grab some lunch (did not eat breakfast) but didn't workout that way and I was super hungry and dizzy by the time oath is done ...

I am ready to starve for a day or two just to have everything done quickly.:)

Hello ksam, thank you for the advice. I hope I get same day oath too (my interview is at 8:45 AM).
By the way, what time did the oath ceremony finish? Does everyone has to stay until the end of the oath ceremony?
if you have a straight forward case (meaning no arrests and other complications), its almost guaranteed that you will get the same day oath. Since your interview time is early you don't have to worry about going hungry ... you will have plenty of time to go out and have lunch and comeback for oath. My interview schedule time is 10:30AM but got called in around 12:45PM and still got the same day oath :)

I am ready to starve for a day or two just to have everything done quickly.:)
I fully understand your eagerness to get this over with ... the key is patience my friend. Sometimes when you are too eager there is chance for bigger disappointment and things may go the other way.

For me it would have been OK even if I didn't get the citizenship. But I am happy it worked out well.

Sorry forgot to answer your question about oath ceremony. It started at 2:30PM and ended around 3:10PM or so. You will get the naturalisation certificate at the end of the ceremony and as soon as you get this you can leave (that's what I did). The ceremony officiator said he will be there if anyone wants to take pics or have questions etc ... and I guess some people stuck around for that I dont know

Atlanta DO interview

Any recent interview letter from Atlanta DO? Looks like USCIS processing moved back to Nov/2008. It used to be 5 months.

I fully understand your eagerness to get this over with ... the key is patience my friend. Sometimes when you are too eager there is chance for bigger disappointment and things may go the other way.

For me it would have been OK even if I didn't get the citizenship. But I am happy it worked out well.

i was just joking. relax and dont take words seriously.

Hi all, Just a quick question to all members who has applied for citizenship:

Can we apply for citizenship 90 days before the anniversary of 5 years of permenant residency? We can apply very next day when 4 years and 9 months gets over. correct me if I am wrong?

Thank you all.