Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Caryz,

I live in JohnsCreek (Suwanee Exit) and my interview is at 10:45 AM, but I 'm planning to leave my home before 8 AM as I don't want to take any chances with Atlanta Traffic.

Thanks,
Why-R

I live there too. 8 for 10:45, I'd have to leave before 7 for my 9:05 one, seems so crazy. Well, I guess I'd better leave early. Thanks!

Here's my current info

04/02/09: Application sent
04/03/09: Application received
04/03/09: Priority date
04/14/09: Check cashed
04/23/09: FP notice received
05/06/09: FP appointment

Change of address question

Hello All,

I have question on change of address when the case is pending…

I became eligible to apply for citizenship this week (April). But I will move to new apartment (change of address) by June 2nd week.

I know that I have to do two change of address, one on AR-11 and other on individual pending cases. My question is how effective USCIS change of address is? I am afraid that I may loose important notices if change of address does not go well.

Please advice.

Hello All,

I have question on change of address when the case is pending…

I became eligible to apply for citizenship this week (April). But I will move to new apartment (change of address) by June 2nd week.

I know that I have to do two change of address, one on AR-11 and other on individual pending cases. My question is how effective USCIS change of address is? I am afraid that I may loose important notices if change of address does not go well.

Please advice.

Once you file Ar-11, you can follow up with USCIS by phone to confirmm your address has been updated in their system.

All,

My journey with N400 naturalization finally completed today. I got my interview and Oath done today. It was pleasant journey compared to my green card and it just took around 4 months from the day applied to the date I got Naturalization Certificate. Like everyone I took tons of documents, but I was asked only my IL, GC, Passports & DL though I waited long (9.30 AM - 3.30 PM) , but I 'm happy it is over and PROUD TO BE AMERICAN NOW.

Those who are waiting in line - All the best and good luck.

Many thanks to the moderators, mainly to Bobsmyth for his valuable guidance - You are the gem of this group.

Thanks

Why-R

Congratulations. Am happy for you. Do rem us in your well wishes too and keep visiting us. :)

All,

My journey with N400 naturalization finally completed today. I got my interview and Oath done today. It was pleasant journey compared to my green card and it just took around 4 months from the day applied to the date I got Naturalization Certificate. Like everyone I took tons of documents, but I was asked only my IL, GC, Passports & DL though I waited long (9.30 AM - 3.30 PM) , but I 'm happy it is over and PROUD TO BE AMERICAN NOW.

Those who are waiting in line - All the best and good luck.

Many thanks to the moderators, mainly to Bobsmyth for his valuable guidance - You are the gem of this group.

Thanks

Why-R

All,

I am done too yesterday. My interview is scheduled on 9:05. My dad and I went together. However he forgot to bring his ID so he had to wait in the car. I checked in at 8:55 and had to wait till 9:50 to be called in. The officer was very nice and professional. He asked only for my passport, greencard, driver's license and interview letter too. The birth certificates of my kids were not needed as he said that's just a routine requirement in the interview letter.

The interview only took about 7 minutes I think, most of the time he was printing papers out and stamping/signing papers. We even had time to chat about his work. I did not disclose my traffic tickets on the form at all. When he asked, I told him I have traffic ticket a year ago. He then asked me if I had DUI, I said no, he just moved on. At the end, he told me to sign the oath paper and told me to wait down at 2nd floor for oath paper.

I got back on 2nd floor at around 10, waited for about 1 hr and 20 minutes to see the oath paper. We were planning to have a quick lunch after we get my dad's ID at my wife's office. But then I saw on the oath letter that you need to be "properly attired (no jeans, no shorts, no flip-flops)", and I was wearing jeans. So we had to hurry home to me changed.

We came back to the office at about 1:40. Got called in at about 2. They have done this so many times and it's just flawless. After all interviewees were seated, families were allowed in and pictures taken. Then the ceremony started with the lady doing a speech, after which was two videos. The lady then led us the pledge. And that's it, we then lined up to get our certificates. Like Why-R2 said, we were out by 3:40. What's funny is that I saw people wearing jeans, so I guess I am just too careful.

Some things for you who have not done it:
1. Bring IDs to get in the building, especially your family.
2. Jeans are ok, but better with casual or even formal dress. They are good for pictures too.
3. I figured there were at least 15 officers doing the interviewing. You can be interviewed at either 2nd floor or 3rd floor.
4. You check in at 2nd floor, the big room, that's where you wait for the oath ceremony too.
5. Traffic ticket is, just like other said, not needed to be disclosed. But I guess it'd better to disclose it so you won't be worrying.
6. Kids are allowed. I saw toddlers, young kids, even infant.
7. I saw one with laptop too in the morning, guess they have free wireless for you.
8. Sign asks you not to use cell phone, but I saw people on phone all the time.

Hope this detail helps you someway. I also thank all of your help here on this forum. Good luck to all of you.

mnq_n400 & DoxATL,

Thanks and wish you all the best. Just would like you know that Atlanta DO is much better compared to other DOs - Once you come for interview either you get OATH on the same date or atleast you will walk with OATH letter for next day or two. Actually my wife's interview was supposed to be @1 PM, but it was dealyed to 3.30, but she got OATH letter for today @ 1PM. Regarding the Slowness of Atlanta, I really don't think that way now after seeing around 120+ people took oath yesterday.

I beleive in this board not many folks from Atlanta DO are posting their case details. In short, you guys will be getting interview soon and once you get that you don't need to worry OATH delays.

May god bless you all.

Thanks,
Why-R

I received mine through marriage and the day of the interview my removal of conditional resident status was still processing. The officer spontaneously realized that and said that the interview will also serve to verify whether I fulfill the conditions for that case. That came as a total surprise. I hadn't brought any documentation in support of my marriage, which is what he started enumerating. Then he asked whether my wife was with me or not and I said that she was not. Even though I thought he would deny the case, he approved it after saying something about making an exception.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America... The two alternatives were marriage based and armed forces based. I imagined the Americans were giving citizenship to the ones they loved and to the ones that fought the ones they hated. It was love and war together, where one can't exist without the other.

So help me God...

Got Interview Letter yesterday for Jun16th ...

So the DO is taking about 4 months ... not bad

Hello everyone, update on my case.

I went for an Infopass yesterday. The IO there try to tell the same thing "go and wait", of course I did not take that an answer. I insisted that she explaining to me what was holding my application since everyone keeping saying everything is fine and I am not receiving my interview letter.

Then she printed the information she had on her screen, and we started going through them line by line.
She was very surprise when there was no fingerprint, I told her that I was told my last year fingerprint was still good.

She replied that, the only thing about FP in my file was a request for FP back in January 22nd and they never sent me an actual FP notice.
She then asked me if I would like to do FP on May 14th, because that was the earliest date she had. I agreed (like I had any other choice? blush.gif , plus even if FP is valid for 15 months, the one I did in February 2008, will expire in few days).
I was so upset, i told her that I called the 800# so many times (about the FP, and lack of progress), and all the told me was everything fine, I should not worry. She told me that "the 800# is just a calling center" and they didnot have access to real info...
Now my question is why are they there? mad.gif
She told me I should be receiving a biometric NOA in few days, but even if I don't receive it to just go in with my green card and my application receipt, that she has me already in the system.
After I left the Immigration office, I said to myself, ok if I am in the system why not go and do my FP today?
Then, i went to ASC, after some back and forth, they were able to print out a sheet with all my infos, so I did the FP.

At this point, I am wondering whether I should try to contact my senators or wait a bit? Any suggestions is appreciated?

Next steps after citizenship

Once you take the oath, can you apply for US passport right at the Atlanta USCIS office?

Also, I understand that you need to submit your original naturalization certificate for passport application?Is that correct?

So, I guess we should first take copies and get them notarized before submitting them for passport.

Anybody had been to SSN office,do they need original or certified copies is fine?

Also,did anyone of you take passport size photographs to the interview.I have already submitted 4 aong with the N400 application, wanted to know if we still needed to take any with us?

Thanks
Shanks

Once you take the oath, can you apply for US passport right at the Atlanta USCIS office?

Also, I understand that you need to submit your original naturalization certificate for passport application?Is that correct?

So, I guess we should first take copies and get them notarized before submitting them for passport.

Anybody had been to SSN office,do they need original or certified copies is fine?

Also,did anyone of you take passport size photographs to the interview.I have already submitted 4 aong with the N400 application, wanted to know if we still needed to take any with us?

Thanks
Shanks

1. AFAIK ATL USCIS office does not accept passport application, if you are in a hurry, make an appt (if needed) at the nearest post office.
2. Yes, original nat certificate is needed to apply for passport. So make copy for your records, this is what USCIS officer had asked everyone to do during my oath ceremony.
3. Original nat cert or passport is acceptable to SS office.
4. Take a couple of extra passport pictures, just in case. During interview, IO had asked if I had extra pictures, even though I had sent them with application. Later he found my pictures in his stack (the ones that I had sent with my application).

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Please do not consider this a legal advice. Consult a lawyer if you need professional advice.

1. AFAIK ATL USCIS office does not accept passport application, if you are in a hurry, make an appt (if needed) at the nearest post office.
2. Yes, original nat certificate is needed to apply for passport. So make copy for your records, this is what USCIS officer had asked everyone to do during my oath ceremony.
3. Original nat cert or passport is acceptable to SS office.
4. Take a couple of extra passport pictures, just in case. During interview, IO had asked if I had extra pictures, even though I had sent them with application. Later he found my pictures in his stack (the ones that I had sent with my application).

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Please do not consider this a legal advice. Consult a lawyer if you need professional advice.

Thanks nrimumbaikar,

For SSN office, do they also take the nat cert or do they just verify it and return it back.

If they just verify it and return it back immediately,i will first go for ss office and they apply for passport.

Thanks nrimumbaikar,

For SSN office, do they also take the nat cert or do they just verify it and return it back.

If they just verify it and return it back immediately,i will first go for ss office and they apply for passport.

They just verify it.

questions with multiple answers

61. Why did the colonists fight the British?
▪ because of high taxes (taxation without representation)
▪ because the British army stayed in their houses (boarding, quartering)
▪ because they didn’t have self-government

96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
▪ because there were 13 original colonies
▪ because the stripes represent the original colonies
97. Why does the flag have 50 stars?*
▪ because there is one star for each state
▪ because each star represents a state
▪ because there are 50 states

For the above three questions, are we supposed to give all of the answers?
Some questions explicity states one or two answers are required..But for these we dont have anything like that mentioned?

Tax Agent

Sorry for posting it here..But i guess..as well get our citizenship,most of us will be filing for green card for our parents for getting them over to this wonderful land.

Does anybody have any contact of good Tax Agent who understands IRS laws when people move from one country to another.We have some property in India and would like to dispopse it off and move over to USA.My parents purchased it and I am thinking of sellinmg it off and buying a house for them.

If anyone knows anybody,please advise.

And also,I didnt hear anything about Atlanat interviews..I am having mine this week..Will post my details after it..

I am planning to go in a suit to my interview..;-))

Wish me luck please;-))

And good luck to all of you who have your interviews scheduled.God bless.
Thanks
Shanks