Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Folks, I am heading out for my infopass appointment to check my interview date. It has been several weeks, I have the CFR but no IL and I am rather surprised. Any suggestions please let me know or questions that you may want me to pursue.

Thanks

You need to be patient. You only applied a little over 2 months ago, whereas posted processing time for Atlanta is 6 months. CFR and IL do not arrive together and can be separated by as much as several months depending on the DO.

Interview Letter

You need to be patient. You only applied a little over 2 months ago, whereas posted processing time for Atlanta is 6 months. CFR and IL do not arrive together and can be separated by as much as several months depending on the DO.

Ok, my appointment went very well. The lady was very cooperative and helpful. She answered all my questions. My file is complete. She said I am being spoted for interview, so I shall expect my IL in a week from NBC and interview within a month.

During the session, she mumbled once that my IL should have gone by now. I barely heard that and kept-up silence. She sounded intrigued as to what is the hold-up. I will follow-up if I don't get my IL in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Atlanta DOA
PD 5/9/2009
Check cashed 5/11/2009
NOA 5/11/2009
FP notice 5/25/
FP Due 6/5/2009
FP Done 5/27/2009 (walk-in)
CFR 7/22/09
IL: ????

Ok, my appointment went very well. The lady was very cooperative and helpful. She answered all my questions. My file is complete. She said I am being spoted for interview, so I shall expect my IL in a week from NBC and interview within a month.

During the session, she mumbled once that my IL should have gone by now. I barely heard that and kept-up silence. She sounded intrigued as to what is the hold-up. I will follow-up if I don't get my IL in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Atlanta DOA
PD 5/9/2009
Check cashed 5/11/2009
NOA 5/11/2009
FP notice 5/25/
FP Due 6/5/2009
FP Done 5/27/2009 (walk-in)
CFR 7/22/09
IL: ????

Cool. Well lets hope we are all in line and get IL within the next 2wks.:). On another note, is there any 1 that had a PD date of 5/1 or higher that has received IL in Atlanta lately?

I'm excited I FINALLY sent my application today, as I mentioned I'm from Mobile, AL but I'm supposed to go to Atlanta for my fingerprinting, interview etc.....for those that already did it: How is it there? Are they quick? Is is it chaos inside (busy)?. This citizenship is going to cost me more than I expected it but hey I guess it is worth it haha. I better get my travel boots on.

called USCIS today..I was told I was in queue for an interview.Seems like Atlanta is very busy.The 2nd level IO was very nice but told me she could not confirm if I had passed through all the background checks even though I have received CFR letter--maybe she did not want to tell me all the info.It should come after Citizen001

It looks like as soon as they get the N-400 they send you to get fingerprinting almost right after....I'm assuming after the fingerpriting is the longest time because that's how they check your background etc, correct? I'm trying to figure this out since I have to drive or fly to Atlanta for this, I wonder if I could just walk in and get them done let's say a Saturday morning or if is not sure that if I go I would get them done. :confused:

It looks like as soon as they get the N-400 they send you to get fingerprinting almost right after....I'm assuming after the fingerpriting is the longest time because that's how they check your background etc, correct? I'm trying to figure this out since I have to drive or fly to Atlanta for this, I wonder if I could just walk in and get them done let's say a Saturday morning or if is not sure that if I go I would get them done. :confused:

I have to drive too so I never risk it - I go when they say to come.

FP question.

Today, I have received FP notice.
Letter gives following address for FP.

Application Support Center
USCIS Atlanta
1255 Collier Road
Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30318

I have two questions.
1) Is above address correct?
2) Is parking available at this facility?
3) What is the closest MARTA station to this and how much is the walk
from MARTA station to this facility?

Is there a perceptible delay in Atlanta DO?

I may be completely off, so I ask for your advise. I have been looking at the timelines of folks within the ALANTA DO, and notice that I have not seen anyone reporting that they have received and IL in ATLANTA in the last 3 weeks. Has anyone with priority date in May received an IL?
Some folks with Priority Dates very close to mine received a CFR last week. No CFR for me either?
please advise if I should seek Infopass or a review with IO.

I may be completely off, so I ask for your advise. I have been looking at the timelines of folks within the ALANTA DO, and notice that I have not seen anyone reporting that they have received and IL in ATLANTA in the last 3 weeks. Has anyone with priority date in May received an IL?
Some folks with Priority Dates very close to mine received a CFR last week. No CFR for me either?
please advise if I should seek Infopass or a review with IO.

I was just saying the samething in my last note. According to 2nd level IO seems like people are in queue ofr interview slots. I don't know of any1 either that has a PD of 5/1 higher that has gotten an IL recently. I would have hoped for sometime this month :) but who know

URgent help needed: N-400

Hello All,

I am ready to send my N-400 application sometime this week and before i do that i wanted to make sure i have not missed out on anything. My GC approval date was 11/1/04 that puts me correctly within 90 days.

Here are the list of items i will be sending with the N-400 :-

1. Photocopies of both sides of GC
2. Two identical color photographs
3 Money order/check for $675 - made out to US. Dept of Homeland Security
4. N-400 applications. (with dates out of the country).

NOTE: I am not married to a U.S. citizen therfore no need to send the marriage certificates and proff of tax returns.

Can you please confirm if i missed out on anything?

Since i live in Atlanta, i will be mailing out the application to :-

USCIS
ATTN: N-400
2501 S State Hwy 121, Bldg #4
Lewisville, TX 75067

Documents fine

Tufan,

All looks fine when it comes to documents, make sure you print your name and INS# at the back of photos.

One suggestion from my end, it is good that you are applying within 90 days of your completion of 5 years
but I would wait another month before applying. It is taking around 3 months for interview, and if you happen
to get interview date before your 5 years completion, you will end up at this forum asking for suggestions
on that topic. Just my 2 cents!!!

Thanks,
Prk73

I got my CFR letter today. They ask for:
1) Driver License
2) Certified copies of court disposition for my accident
3) Tax returns
4) Proof of residence.

I am not filing based on marriage to a US citizen, so I am a bit confused about items 3 and 4 (they are for those who apply based on marriage).