Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I got my CFR letter today. They ask for:
1) Driver License
2) Certified copies of court disposition for my accident
3) Tax returns
4) Proof of residence.

I am not filing based on marriage to a US citizen, so I am a bit confused about items 3 and 4 (they are for those who apply based on marriage).
According to your signature, you received your GC in Aug'06 thats just 3 years. If you are not filing based on marriage then on what basis did you file?

According to your signature, you received your GC in Aug'06 thats just 3 years. If you are not filing based on marriage then on what basis did you file?

You have to be nosey, dont you? :) I file based on I-360, INA 319 (a).

Last edited by a moderator:
well i thot the only reason you could file n-400 under 3yrs LPR was married tto and living with USC spouse for 3 yrs.. and every1 else fell under 5yr N-400. Any how I don't claim to know it all

Relax. I am just messing with you.:) Nobody knows everything.

You have to be nosey, dont you? :) I file based on I-360, INA 319 (a).
That explains it. Under your category the only thing they waive is the "living together" part. You still are subject to the same scrutiny as other marriage based applicants (like showing tax returns for the past three years, etc.) ... that's probably why they are asking you to bring tax returns.

You can go to the nearest IRS office and obtain the tax transcripts in person. I visited the IRS office near I-285 and Chamblee-Tucker Road (Koger center) and got them for my interview. Even though I filed based on 5 year rule, I wanted to be prepared ...

Good luck ...

That explains it. Under your category the only thing they waive is the "living together" part. You still are subject to the same scrutiny as other marriage based applicants (like showing tax returns for the past three years, etc.) ... that's probably why they are asking you to bring tax returns.

You can go to the nearest IRS office and obtain the tax transcripts in person. I visited the IRS office near I-285 and Chamblee-Tucker Road (Koger center) and got them for my interview. Even though I filed based on 5 year rule, I wanted to be prepared ...

It is really stupid bc I have not seen my ex for 7 years already. And thanks, but I already have my transcripts. :)

Tufan,

All looks fine when it comes to documents, make sure you print your name and INS# at the back of photos.

One suggestion from my end, it is good that you are applying within 90 days of your completion of 5 years
but I would wait another month before applying. It is taking around 3 months for interview, and if you happen
to get interview date before your 5 years completion, you will end up at this forum asking for suggestions
on that topic. Just my 2 cents!!!

Thanks,
Prk73

Prk73 thanks for your suggestion. I will wait another month before applying just to be on the safe side. The reason i was not sure about the limited paperwork required to file for citizenship is because at the time of GC and H1-B we had to file so much paperwork so it seemed odd that for N-400 limited paperwork is required.

My wife was out of the country for total of 282 days total (4 different trips each roughly 72 days) but not more than 6 months at a stretch; would this be a problem?

ATL DO is slowing down

I was just saying the samething in my last note. According to 2nd level IO seems like people are in queue ofr interview slots. I don't know of any1 either that has a PD of 5/1 higher that has gotten an IL recently. I would have hoped for sometime this month :) but who know

I called and spoke to a 2nd level IO today to discuss the status of my application. He informed me that I had been placed on the queue for IL on June 17 2009. confirmed that FP and name check had cleared. He could not comment on why I had not received a CFR, but seemed to suggest it was not critical. He asked me to wait for 6 more weeks before calling back if no IL till then. It seems that the logjam is at the level of Atlanta DO. will update if I hear anything else.

All Just a quick update. I had my interview today in Atlanta and was given the same day oath. Everything went pretty smoothly.

Qs Asked,

What is freedom of religon?
Ocean on East Coast,
When was the constitution adapted?
How many senators are there?
Longest river?
Governor of Georgia?

Mine was a 3 yr marriage based case. No questions asked about marriage. I had taken my family with me but they didnt let them come into the interview. Long story short a long tedious journey has come to an end. Now to wait for the passport which i intend to apply tomorrow morning.

Wish everybody Luck,

Regards,

mnq_n400.

What does it take to talk to 2nd level IO?

Do you call USCIS 800 number or your local office since the case is being process locally?

I called and spoke to a 2nd level IO today to discuss the status of my application. He informed me that I had been placed on the queue for IL on June 17 2009. confirmed that FP and name check had cleared. He could not comment on why I had not received a CFR, but seemed to suggest it was not critical. He asked me to wait for 6 more weeks before calling back if no IL till then. It seems that the logjam is at the level of Atlanta DO. will update if I hear anything else.

Do you call USCIS 800 number or your local office since the case is being process locally?
I called the 800 number. I did not call ATL as yet.
I know there are many folks ahead of me by Priority date who are still waiting for IL. I have not received a CFR and I wanted to make sure my file was complete and I knew the 800 number could tell me that.

All Just a quick update. I had my interview today in Atlanta and was given the same day oath. Everything went pretty smoothly.

Qs Asked,

What is freedom of religon?
Ocean on East Coast,
When was the constitution adapted?
How many senators are there?
Longest river?
Governor of Georgia?

Mine was a 3 yr marriage based case. No questions asked about marriage. I had taken my family with me but they didnt let them come into the interview. Long story short a long tedious journey has come to an end. Now to wait for the passport which i intend to apply tomorrow morning.

Wish everybody Luck,

Regards,

mnq_n400.

Congrats!!! .....I really hope I can do the interview and the oath the same day because I live 6 hours away from Atlanta. Did you just get lucky with that? How did you get to do it the same day?

Congrats!!! .....I really hope I can do the interview and the oath the same day because I live 6 hours away from Atlanta. Did you just get lucky with that? How did you get to do it the same day?

Atlanta DO allows same day oath if all is well and your interview time is before 1230 pm