Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

wondering if any 1 has talked to a 2nd level IO with PD after 5/1. Any interview scheduled? i am beginning to think that Atlanta DO does not have enough workers. Didnt seem they were backlogged with 1Q Filers..any 1 know what's happening?

I am still waiting for an interview letter. On the other hand, a person I know who filed in late April got his interview letter more than a month ago. They'll have their interview this week.

uh oh ATL seems to be a bit slow......maybe after you all become citizen you should apply to work there hahaha they need the extra help!

Just sent N-400 today. I included a copy of my driver's license and SSN - hopefully it doesn't hurt me. I have applied for SSS SIL, but haven't received it yet. Hopefully it comes before interview. God bless!!!

Just sent N-400 today. I included a copy of my driver's license and SSN - hopefully it doesn't hurt me. I have applied for SSS SIL, but haven't received it yet. Hopefully it comes before interview. God bless!!!

I also sent a copy of DL and SS card with my application I don't think that's a problem....I hope it is not haha! I sent a copy of every possible thing they might need, I don't think extra copies could affect anything.

TMC & Mimi1212,

We'll be in the same boat as i filed my N-400 application via USPS on 8/8(Sat). Just mailed the required stuff nothing more than that. Will keep the group posted on any developments. Good luck.......!! Countdown for me begins after being in USA for 18 years!!

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes ATL DO is at a stand still.

wondering if any 1 has talked to a 2nd level IO with PD after 5/1. Any interview scheduled? i am beginning to think that Atlanta DO does not have enough workers. Didnt seem they were backlogged with 1Q Filers..any 1 know what's happening?

I share the same observation as eltoro. I know for fact that a person with PD of 5/3/09 received their IL a month ago and have their IL date on 8/13/09. It seems that around or just after PD of 5/4/09 the ATL DO has come to a stand still.
I spoke to a 2nd level IO last week, My PD is 5/20. They informed me that I had been put on a queue for interview back on 6/17/09. ATL DO has not come around to scheduling me and several others ahead of me yet. He very politely told me "Sir, your file is complete. All we ask of you is your patience, please give us 90 days. If you do not hear from us in 90 days (post being put in queue) please call us again". I Plan on calling them again in second week of Sept if I do not hear from them.
I think the DOs report their progress on the 15 of each month and I suspect ATL is focussing on catching up on files that have been delayed from Jan Feb etc for whatever reason. I suspect we will see some movement on or around the 15 of this month. Just a guess though.

As far as I remember, vvv2009 should have an interview today. Good luck! And hope to hear about your experience soon!

I totally agree with Atlanta DO being slow. I have been looking at different forums on different
websites and see people having PD of after 1st week of May haven't reported getting any interview
letter. Though people are getting CFR and my observation is all don't get CFR and getting CFR doesn't
mean faster interview letters.

I think CFR means case file was reviewed and applicant is asked to bring extra documents whenever the
interview is scheduled.

I think CFR means case file was reviewed and applicant is asked to bring extra documents whenever the
interview is scheduled.

A totally dumb question! What does CFR stands for and people who have received in past has done about it?

I was wondering where my NOA was...because I used a lawyer to file my paperwork everything is sent to them!

Fingerprint appointment on 8/21/09!

So you never got an NOA just a Fingerprint notice?

It seems we have the same dates so hopefully I get mine this week. What's the date on ur fingerprint letter if u dont mind sharing?

So you never got an NOA just a Fingerprint notice?

It seems we have the same dates so hopefully I get mine this week. What's the date on ur fingerprint letter if u dont mind sharing?

Well, I am pretty sure my lawyer got the NOA.
The date on the FP letter is August 7th (priority date July 30th).
You should get yours anytime now!

AH yeah sorry I didn't read your previous comment when you said that your lawyer gets everything. Well let's hope mine is in my mail box today when I get home hehe.

I received my fingerprint letter today and also found out I was assigned the DO in New Orleans, I thought it was going to be in Atlanta. But Im happy since it is so much closer to me =) Good luck for you all in ATL

vvv2009 interview experience

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=301866

I had a 1:25 pm today (08/11/2009). I arrived at 12:40 and checked-in at 2nd Floor. I was asked to wait in the 3rd floor. It had to wait till 2:00 pm. Apparently the IO was looking for me in 2nd floor earlier; then he came up to 3rd floor looking for me (he asked whether I was asked to wait in 3rd floor and indicated that the staff at the check-in window mess things up).

Anyway the interview was smooth. Few parts of the application were first reviewed. I got the first 6 civic questions right so the IO stopped. Asked me to read "What country is in north of U.S". I was not expected to answer the question that I read. He actually asked to write "Canada is north of the United States".

He congratulated and gave me a paper indicating that I passed the interview. Asked me to wait to collect Oath letter. It is on Aug 26 1 pm.

Timeline
Atlanta DO
07/01/04 : GC received
04/26/09 : N-400 sent to TSC
05/26/09 : FP Done as per schedule
06/29/09 : CFR Received (for my wife)
07/01/09 : CFR Received (for myself)
07/07/09 : Interview letter
08/11/09 : Interview Date (passed)
08/26/09 : Oath

Aniretake, do you what was asked in the CFR letter you received on 8/4?

Citizenship Interview Completed...

My wife has completed the Citizenship interview at 7.45 AM today and passed. She has oath at 2.00 PM today in Atlanta. She lost her interview letter, but they let her in (she took fingerprinting appointment letter, NOA and CFR). The immigration officer asked her birth certificate and my wife does not have one. But that didn't create any problems. They asked her Driver's license, Indian passport, Green card. The IO didn't ask anything else. All Civic questions are from the book and she answered first six questions.

The oath took place at 2.00 PM. There are 115 new U.S Citizens from 50 different countries.

Thanks to all of you for posting your comments.

Timeline:
04/29/09: Application sent
04/30/09: Application received
04/30/09: Priority date
05/29/09: FP appointment
07/07/09: Interview Letter Received
08/13/09: Citizenship Interview/oath