Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

What address to mail N-400-Georgia application?

Please let me know what address to mail the application as i live in Gerogia? Also what happens if you are scheduled for a interview just before you finish 5 yrs on GC?

Please let me know what address to mail the application as i live in Gerogia? Also what happens if you are scheduled for a interview just before you finish 5 yrs on GC?
You can download the N400 instructions and follow it. Its not that hard. Atlanta falls under the Lewisville, TX lockbox jurisdiction.

The chances of scheduling your interview within 3 months in the Atlanta DO are very remote now. Its currently taking about 4 to 5 months to complete the whole process in this office. I naturalized couple of months ago and it took 4 months from date of application to interview date (and oath on same day since this office does same day oaths). Read the posts in this thread to get an idea of how long its taking.

If for some reason your interview gets scheduled before you complete 5 years on GC, they will complete the interview on that date and give you a later oath date (this happend to buddy of mine in 2006 when the processing was lighting fast). I am very sure now you will not get your interview date before 11/01 if you apply now.

All Just a quick update. I had my interview today in Atlanta and was given the same day oath. Everything went pretty smoothly.

Qs Asked,

What is freedom of religon?
Ocean on East Coast,
When was the constitution adapted?
How many senators are there?
Longest river?
Governor of Georgia?

Mine was a 3 yr marriage based case. No questions asked about marriage. I had taken my family with me but they didnt let them come into the interview. Long story short a long tedious journey has come to an end. Now to wait for the passport which i intend to apply tomorrow morning.

Wish everybody Luck,

Regards,

mnq_n400.
Congrats. Wow you filed in Dec of last year. Any specific reason why your app got delayed? Name Check? (are you from middle east)

Atlanta DO allows same day oath if all is well and your interview time is before 1230 pm
small correction: you can avail of the same day oath if you complete the interview by 1pm provided you do not have a complicated situation (like criminal record etc..) Even if you have later evening interview, you will be given next day oath for sure. That is what the supervisor told me when I had my interview and oath couple monts ago.

You can download the N400 instructions and follow it. Its not that hard. Atlanta falls under the Lewisville, TX lockbox jurisdiction.

Thanks Ksam. I had read the instructions for N-400 but there were two addresses given for GA. One was regular lockbox PO locationa and the other was for expedited/courier service (2501 S State Hwy 121). I am not sure if i should use the regular lockbox(PO Box 299026, Lewisville, TX 75029) or expedited courier address?

Congrats. Wow you filed in Dec of last year. Any specific reason why your app got delayed? Name Check? (are you from middle east)

Ksam,

Yes I am from the M.E. Another reason could be because I had a number of international trip over a 3 yr period something like 20 since I travel quite extensively. Even though they were small trips I guess that may have caused some issues. I was also flagged as someone in the military even though I have never been. All in all I guess 8 mths havent been that bad. Guess I can say this since its all done :eek:

Good Luck to All,

Regards,

mnq_n400.

Ksam,

Yes I am from the M.E. Another reason could be because I had a number of international trip over a 3 yr period something like 20 since I travel quite extensively. Even though they were small trips I guess that may have caused some issues. I was also flagged as someone in the military even though I have never been. All in all I guess 8 mths havent been that bad. Guess I can say this since its all done :eek:

Good Luck to All,

Regards,

mnq_n400.
Congratulations mnq_n400 and I 'm happy to see that one of our December filer completed his journery - atlast.

Thanks

- Why-R

Thanks Ksam. I had read the instructions for N-400 but there were two addresses given for GA. One was regular lockbox PO locationa and the other was for expedited/courier service (2501 S State Hwy 121). I am not sure if i should use the regular lockbox(PO Box 299026, Lewisville, TX 75029) or expedited courier address?
It is simple. If you use first class mail or priority mail, use the PO box address. But if you are going to use the services of fedex / ups / or usps express mail then use the street address. I personally used fedex.

Ksam,

Good Luck to All,

Regards,

mnq_n400.
I doubt if your number of trips contributed anything to the delay. I am pretty sure its Name Check. But all is over for you. Enjoy!

I had over 35 trips in the last five years but was able to complete everything within four months.

Ksam please reply

I doubt if your number of trips contributed anything to the delay. I am pretty sure its Name Check. But all is over for you. Enjoy!

I had over 35 trips in the last five years but was able to complete everything within four months.

Are you serious about 35 trips? My spouse was out of country for 300 days in last 5 years, but not a 6 months stretch. It was 4 different trips each for 2.5 months. Would this be issue if i were to file now just before 3 months of finishing 5 years?

Are you serious about 35 trips? My spouse was out of country for 300 days in last 5 years, but not a 6 months stretch. It was 4 different trips each for 2.5 months. Would this be issue if i were to file now just before 3 months of finishing 5 years?
NOT a problem at all.

Congratulations mnq_n400 and I 'm happy to see that one of our December filer completed his journery - atlast.

Thanks

- Why-R

Why-R2,

Thanks for the well wishes. I am glad too :D . Now to move on to some other new challanges which were kept on hold due to all this.

Regards,

mnq_n400.

tufan,

If you are using USPS (United States Postal Service), use this address
USCIS
P.O. Box 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

If you are using courier service like Fedex or UPS, use this address
USCIS
Attn: N-400
2501 S State Hwy 121, Bldg. #4
Lewisville, TX 75067

I personally used USPS.

Also, I agree with ksam, compared to other DO's, Atlanta has slowed down and is taking 4 months for interview. People who have applied in May are still waiting for interview letter. So I think it is safe for you go ahead and apply.

Ksam,

In the N-400 application do i have to inculde trip to Canada? I had taken trip for 3 days to go and see the falls?

Atlanta DO

The Atlanta field office processing time for N-400 is listed as January 01, 2009? Is that date correct? Are those priority dates correct as i have seen approval for applications field after Jan come recently?

The Atlanta field office processing time for N-400 is listed as January 01, 2009? Is that date correct? Are those priority dates correct as i have seen approval for applications field after Jan come recently?

I think if you look again you will see that those date are as of May 31st 2009 and they update this every 16th of month.