Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Il

Folks, I received the yellow CFR this afternoon. It doesn't include interview date so I am not sure what exactly I need to do with the letter? All it does is ask me to bring in 1. Driver's license to interview, which I was planning in any case 2. "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you have been involved, bring originals, certified copies or court dispositions...and so on..

I am concerned about #2. Does this relate to driving tickets that I indicated in my application? If not, I am not sure where they got this arrest record. If yes, how do I get court dispositions delivered on speeding and parking tickets? When will I get the interview date??

Thanks

Atlanta DOA
PD 5/9/2009
Check cashed 5/11/2009
NOA 5/11/2009
FP notice 5/25/
FP Due 6/5/2009
FP Done 5/27/2009 (walk-in)
IL: ????

Last edited by a moderator:
FP Notice received

I see a lot of people in ATL doing a walk-in FP. Is it almost a given that they will accommodate it all the time? Any preferred time of the day?

Thanks

I see a lot of people in ATL doing a walk-in FP. Is it almost a given that they will accommodate it all the time? Any preferred time of the day?

Thanks

Saturdays early morning like 9am or 3pm (which is when they generally take walk-ins) but get there by 2pm or so

Traffic Citations

Folks, I received the yellow CFR this afternoon. It doesn't include interview date so I am not sure what exactly I need to do with the letter? All it does is ask me to bring in 1. Driver's license to interview, which I was planning in any case 2. "You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you have been involved, bring originals, certified copies or court dispositions...and so on..

I am concerned about #2. Does this relate to driving tickets that I indicated in my application? If not, I am not sure where they got this arrest record. If yes, how do I get court dispositions delivered on speeding and parking tickets? When will I get the interview date??

Thanks

Atlanta DOA
PD 5/9/2009
Check cashed 5/11/2009
NOA 5/11/2009
FP notice 5/25/
FP Due 6/5/2009
FP Done 5/27/2009 (walk-in)
IL: ????

You can ask the related courts where you paid your fines to give you the certified dispositions for all of your traffic citations. These are needed for interview. You will get IL in a week or so!:)

I've notice that USCIS online case status last update (for my case) was related to them receiving my N400 application on 06.03/2009 there no refernce to them sending fingerprint notice or me having my FP done. Is it unusual?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/29/09: N400 Application sent
06/03/09: N400 Application received
06/08/09: Check cashed
06/25/09: FP Appointment notice Received: FP appointment Date set to 07/02/09
07/02/09: FP taken
?

I've notice that USCIS online case status last update (for my case) was related to them receiving my N400 application on 06.03/2009 there no refernce to them sending fingerprint notice or me having my FP done. Is it unusual?

No, it is not.

i received my yellow CFR Letter today. This might sound naive but how easy is it to get a record of fines you paid for speeding tickets that happened in 02 & 05 plus an open bottle violation also in 05? esp. when you don't live in that state any more? Although I have never been arrested (just cited), I am concerned. What is the best way to deal with this. I understand i am not getting paid legal advice. Maybe just call the DMV for a drivers license record to show everything.Thanks in advance.!

This might sound naive but how easy is it to get a record of fines you paid for speeding tickets that happened in 02 & 05 plus an open bottle violation also in 05? esp. when you don't live in that state any more? Although I have never been arrested (just cited), I am concerned. What is the best way to deal with this.

If the fine was less than $500 and didn't involve controlled substances, you don't need to declare it.

You can ask the related courts where you paid your fines to give you the certified dispositions for all of your traffic citations. These are needed for interview. You will get IL in a week or so!:)

Dude, I have three moving violations in GA and 1 parking tkt from Brooklyn, NY. I have collected certified court dispositions from GA, so thats good to go but having difficulty in connecting to NY. Question: 1. Do I need worry about dispositions for parking tkt or non-moving violations? I have paid the fine online and have evidence 2. Or the payment print-out would do?

Thanks

Took a chance and went for the walk-in FP today. Was asked to leave the cell phone in the car. The receptionist gave a ticket number and the test booklet to prepare for the interview. There were only two other people waiting. Got my turn in about 10 minutes. It was quick and easy.

CFR Notice Received Today

I was totally not expecting it because the second level IO did not mentioned anything about it when I talked to him yesterday.

The notice is to bring my driver license to interview.

InfoPass

Folks, I am heading out for my infopass appointment to check my interview date. It has been several weeks, I have the CFR but no IL and I am rather surprised. Any suggestions please let me know or questions that you may want me to pursue.

Thanks

Folks, I am heading out for my infopass appointment to check my interview date. It has been several weeks, I have the CFR but no IL and I am rather surprised. Any suggestions please let me know or questions that you may want me to pursue.

Thanks

Citizen001, what is your timeline?? Could you please add it to your signature?