Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

Hello Guys,

This is a question for assylum, Mr. Bird, Lady Lee and all of you that have already applied for EAD. Were your (I-765) EAD applications processed through the Dallas, TX Service Center?
EAD Application 29-Jul-11

No, mine was in Vermont Servc Ctr just like Lady Lee. It took me three months because i forgot to send passport photos and i had to re-send them. It would have taken me like a month and a half if did not forget. Just wait, it will come soon.

@Lady Lee, if your case was filed in vermont, you can expect your decision anytime now. I have a feeling they are approving cases on the applicants birthday just like the drivers licence renewal for conveniences. It's something i have observed with a few including my approval. So, if your bday is coming soon, you may get a surprise a week or two after your bday. Is it coming soon or it passed? ALL THE BEST!

Helloo Mr. Bird!
I´m still here celebrating your approval! I´m soooo happy for you!
I hope that mine will come very soon.... my bday is coming in about 2 months-
did you receive desicion near your bday????
Does anyone else in this forum received approval near bday?
woww that´s a verry interesting observation---
take care!

I hope this is not the rule because my birthday it will be next year... I check my case an it is in the " INITIAL REVIEW" status. Do you think I will have something before September? The curren timetable for TX process center is 3 weeks.

I hope this is not the rule because my birthday it will be next year... I check my case an it is in the " INITIAL REVIEW" status. Do you think I will have something before September? The curren timetable for TX process center is 3 weeks.

Hjjez, I think Mr.Bird is talking about asylum approval decision not EAD.
You will receive your EAD card between 3 and 7 weeks. Good luck!

Hjjez, I think Mr.Bird is talking about asylum approval decision not EAD.
You will receive your EAD card between 3 and 7 weeks. Good luck!

Thank you LadyLee and all others that answered my question. As always, I really appreciate your help.

I-589 Received: 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done: 17-Mar-11
Interviewed: 28-Mar-11
Day 150 was on: 28-Jul-11
I-765 submited on:29-Jul-11
I-765 received on: 4-Aug-11 According to the I-797C
EAD received: ??????

Helloo Mr. Bird!
I´m still here celebrating your approval! I´m soooo happy for you!
I hope that mine will come very soon.... my bday is coming in about 2 months-
did you receive desicion near your bday????
Does anyone else in this forum received approval near bday?
woww that´s a verry interesting observation---
take care!

This is my own observations and i don't want you or anybody to take it as a rule. I just thought it can't be a coincidence with three vermont applicants to have it approved on their bdays. Since yours is coming soon, we'll confirm with it. But again, it may be a rare coincidence. My new I-94 was stamped APPROVED on my bday and i got it two weeks after. My prayer is that you get approved even before your bday comes. All the best.

Mr. Bird and Lady Lee:
I wanted to ask you what documents you submitted with your EAD application. My 150th day is coming soon (September2). I wanted to send the application one day before that is September 1 so that they have my application after 150th day. My husband (included in the asylum application) also have to send same documents???????

Also, I sent my case status inquiry about two months ago through fax, but still waiting for their response.

Mr. Bird and Lady Lee:
I wanted to ask you what documents you submitted with your EAD application. My 150th day is coming soon (September2). I wanted to send the application one day before that is September 1 so that they have my application after 150th day. My husband (included in the asylum application) also have to send same documents???????

Also, I sent my case status inquiry about two months ago through fax, but still waiting for their response.

A copy of the acknowledgment mailer which was mailed to you OR

Evidence that your I-589 was filed with USCIS OR

Evidence that your i-589 was filed with an immigration judge at the executive office for immigration review (EOIR) OR

Evidence that your asylum application remains under administrative judicial review

and two recent passport photos

A copy of the acknowledgment mailer which was mailed to you OR

Evidence that your I-589 was filed with USCIS OR

Evidence that your i-589 was filed with an immigration judge at the executive office for immigration review (EOIR) OR

Evidence that your asylum application remains under administrative judicial review

and two recent passport photos

Same documents mentioned by Mr Bird for each application you submit, and I will recommend you to use certified mail. If you had a previous employment authorization in the US, work visa, or expired EAD it will also be important to send a copy.
The G1145 form if you want E-notification of the status of your application.

Thanks Mr. Bird and LadyLee:

My Husband previously worked under work visa and also have expired EAD. Should we send my husband and my application in one packet or in different packet??? Thanks again for your quick response.

Thanks Mr. Bird and LadyLee:

My Husband previously worked under work visa and also have expired EAD. Should we send my husband and my application in one packet or in different packet??? Thanks again for your quick response.

Good question!
I sent my applications in one package, because the receipt notices were under my name.
I sent copies of the receipt notice, the finger print notice, and the inteview notice... etc etc

Hi Everybody,

I am filing my and my husband's EAD this week. I have a question on the filing fee. My husband worked on OPT previously while while he was a student. He got his EAD in 2008 and its expired now. I understand there is no fee if its initial EAD. Does my husband need to file application with $380 fee????

Thanks

application received- 4-7-11 :)
Interview 5-2-11 :)
Days passed - 148
150 days on - 9-4-11 :)
Result ????????????????????????? :confused: :mad::(

Folks have raised some very good questions here about applying for an EAD and asylum clock issues and the application processes for principals and their dependents.

NOW is an excellent time to ask USCIS about it by submitting comments on the Business Transformation Rule at: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2009-0022-0001 The comments will be accepted through October 28, 2011.

Please submit these very real concerns to USCIS now---while they are actually working on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Assylum, Mr. Bird, LadyLee, Asaf, and everyone in this forum

I am wish to say a very BIG thank you for all the advise you guys are giving. A very special thank you to Assylum for his very professional and educated advises. I have been a member in this Forum for about five months now and have always found answers to my questions and worries when they arise as they have been asked and answered in the past. I pray that the Good God should bless you'all for all your help.

This week, I would be filing the form I - 765 for an initial EAD under (C) (08) since my case has been pending for 14* days even though I haven't received a notice for interview yet. My worry is where exactly to file the said form given that, I am in Missouri and I also which to know the difference b/w category (C) (08) and (C) (08) (i). I would really much appreciate any comment...

thank you very much.

My worry is where exactly to file the said form given that, I am in Missouri and I also which to know the difference b/w category (C) (08) and (C) (08) (i).

EAD category (C)(08)(i) is for asylum applicants whose cases are pending with USCIS or EOIR for 150 days or more without a decision.

EAD category (C)(08)(ii) is for asylum applicants whose cases are recommended for approval. They don't have to wait for 150 days if USCIS issued a recommended approval.

If you put category (C)(08) without mentioning whether it is (i) or (ii), then the adjudicator will be able to determine the exact category from your CIS records. In other words, you are not required to mention (i) or (ii)

The instructions for form I-765 on USCIS website will tell you where to file your form. Remember to download the form from USCIS website.

EAD category (C)(08)(i) is for asylum applicants whose cases are pending with USCIS or EOIR for 150 days or more without a decision.

EAD category (C)(08)(ii) is for asylum applicants whose cases are recommended for approval. They don't have to wait for 150 days if USCIS issued a recommended approval.

If you put category (C)(08) without mentioning whether it is (i) or (ii), then the adjudicator will be able to determine the exact category from your CIS records. In other words, you are not required to mention (i) or (ii)

The instructions for form I-765 on USCIS website will tell you where to file your form. Remember to download the form from USCIS website.

Thank you very much Assylum for the quick reply. I will keep you all posted with every step. Thanks a lot.

Got EAD Receipt Notice today

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got EAD receipt notice today. Exactly after one week. Today I talked to my attorney about my EAD and told me that it will take 3 months to get it. Is that true??????????? I checked USCIS website and it shows 3 weeks processing time. I am confused. What I see form some of your posts that it will take a month or so.....Any suggestion?

application received- 4-7-11
Interview 5-2-11
Days passed - 162
150 days on - 9-4-11
EAD filed 9-9-11
EAD receipt 9-16-11
Result ?????????????????????????