Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

so your case jumped from initial review to Card production?
EAD C (8) filed on the 21st, received on the 23rd. Dallas lockbox. NOA Receipt received on May,2nd. What should i expect next? I heard that i'm supose to receive a notice of aproval? when should i receive that? And how long does it take for the whole application to be processed and get my card? I hear people say 3 weeks and so is USCUS websit, but some people say 3 months plus. I need help because i already found a job and they gave me a short time to obtain some paperwork.
Thank you all.

Hi folks,
First and foremost I would like thank every one for sharing your experiences here specially assylum and mr.bird,now I am preparing to file an I-765 form C(8) because after some days my clock will reach 150 days, I am out of status and my case is pending a decision, so when I was reading the instruction I got some questions
1, regarding the the filing fee, Do I have to pay 380$ ?
2, what does this mean Exeptions,Initial EAD: if this is your initial application& you are applying under the following caregory,a filing fee is not required then in number ten it says (c)(8)Applicant for assylum (An applicant filing under the special ABC procedured must pay the fee.)
any comments would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
1, regarding the the filing fee, Do I have to pay 380$ ?
2, what does this mean Exeptions,Initial EAD: if this is your initial application& you are applying under the following caregory,a filing fee is not required then in number ten it says (c)(8)Applicant for assylum (An applicant filing under the special ABC procedured must pay the fee.)
any comments would be appreciated.

1. You don't have to pay the fee if you apply for the initial EAD (C08)(i) or EAD(C08)(ii)

2. This doesn't apply to you if you are not a member of the American Baptist Churches class action.

there are no fees for initial filing under C (8), intial EAD means your first time to file the application. Only applicants under the C (8) ABC will have to pay the filing fees, you don't have to pay them.

EAD C (8) filed on the 21st, received on the 23rd. Dallas lockbox. NOA Receipt received on May,2nd. What should i expect next? I heard that i'm supose to receive a notice of aproval? when should i receive that? And how long does it take for the whole application to be processed and get my card? I hear people say 3 weeks and so is USCUS websit, but some people say 3 months plus. I need help because i already found a job and they gave me a short time to obtain some paperwork.
Thank you all.

Help Please, Thanks

1. You don't have to pay the fee if you apply for the initial EAD (C08)(i) or EAD(C08)(ii)

2. This doesn't apply to you if you are not a member of the American Baptist Churches class action.

To Assylum,
Thank you all.

To Assylum,
Thank you all.

By law, the initial EAD(C08)(i) can not be issued until the clock reaches 180 days and the decision is still pending. You are eligible to apply after 150 days but USCIS has to wait until the clock reaches 180 days.

The decision on your I-765 can take 3 weeks to 3 months. It varies based on the individual case. If the adjudicator wants extra documents from you, USCIS will send you RFE (request for additional evidence).

Hi folks,
First and foremost I would like thank every one for sharing your experiences here specially assylum and mr.bird.

Thanks for your appreciation. You have been answered correctly by my learned friends. All the best.

By law, the initial EAD(C08)(i) can not be issued until the clock reaches 180 days and the decision is still pending. You are eligible to apply after 150 days but USCIS has to wait until the clock reaches 180 days.

The decision on your I-765 can take 3 weeks to 3 months. It varies based on the individual case. If the adjudicator wants extra documents from you, USCIS will send you RFE (request for additional evidence).

Thanks alot guys! I guess i'll just have to wait then, thank you anyway!

hi folks,
My asylum case has been pending a decision for almost five months so I was waiting my clock to reach 150 days to apply foR EAD, as today is exactly 142 days since my interview took place. But now when I checked the uscis website with my reciept number (ZHN***) I found this message On May 18, 2011, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that the filing fee be waived. The filing fee has been waived and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. This case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. and it shows that my case is on initial review
could you please tell me what does it mean? I didn't file for I-765 yet and I am wondering how it could happen?
any comments would be apprectiated.

Congratulations asaf,
This is very very very good news for you. That message means that your asylum application I-589 has been approved by USCIS. You should receive your approval letter, I-94 within 7 days. Also, you will receive EAD (A05) valid for 2 years.

You have become an asylee. You will be eligible to apply for permanent residency one year from the date that shows on your new I-94.

When you receive your EAD (A05), take it to the SSA office to apply for unrestricted SS card. As an asylee you have a permanent employment authorization in the United States. All you need is your driver license and unrestricted SS card. You are not required to have EAD anymore.

Enjoy your new free life. Once again congratulations. Today should be a day of your defining moment. God bless

hi folks,
My asylum case has been pending a decision for almost five months so I was waiting my clock to reach 150 days to apply foR EAD, as today is exactly 142 days since my interview took place. But now when I checked the uscis website with my reciept number (ZHN***) I found this message On May 18, 2011, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that the filing fee be waived. The filing fee has been waived and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. This case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. and it shows that my case is on initial review
could you please tell me what does it mean? I didn't file for I-765 yet and I am wondering how it could happen?

Congratulations asaf,
This is very very very good news for you. That message means that your asylum application I-589 has been approved by USCIS. You should receive your approval letter, I-94 within 7 days. Also, you will receive EAD (A05) valid for 2 years.

You have become an asylee. You will be eligible to apply for permanent residency one year from the date that shows on your new I-94.

When you receive your EAD (A05), take it to the SSA office to apply for unrestricted SS card. As an asylee you have a permanent employment authorization in the United States. All you need is your driver license and unrestricted SS card. You are not required to have EAD anymore.

Enjoy your new free life. Once again congratulations. Today should be a day of your defining moment. God bless

Oh praise God!!!!! Haleluia. I am overwhelmed with joy when I read your post!!!!! Thankyou Assylum may God bless you. I can't wait to recieve my decision mail now.

hi folks,

This gives me hope to carry on! Congratulations and i hope you'll pray for us to be approved as well.

To Assylum and mr.Bird

Thanks alot guys! I guess i'll just have to wait then, thank you anyway!

i applied a month ago and still "Initial review" what do you suggest me to do? The only LUD i saw was 4 days after they received the app, which is 25 days ago. Again i wannt remind you this is a pending Asylum C (8)
Thanks in advance!

I just got my approval letter & I-94 today I am so happy!! I think I have to wait for the EAD(A05) inorder to apply for unrestricted SS, I hope your approval letter will come soon too.... thankyou for supporting me.
@Mr.bird I already prayed for you and I will... God bless

Wait until you get your EAD(A05) and then go to the SS office to get the unrestricted SS card. Ask them to use your EAD (A05) to verify your status.They will be able to see the status right away if they use the EAD(A05). EAD(A05) shows immediately in the online verification system that SS office uses. The system is called "SAVE". The I-94 number may not show in "SAVE" system because it takes up to 30-60 days to update.

Keep in mind that some employees at SS office don't know much about asylees/refugees eligibility for unrestricted cards. If you face one of them, then ask to speak to a supervisor. By law, you are eligible for unrestricted SS card.

I just got my approval letter & I-94 today I am so happy!! I think I have to wait for the EAD(A05) inorder to apply for unrestricted SS, I hope your approval letter will come soon too.... thankyou for supporting me.
@Mr.bird I already prayed for you and I will... God bless

Wait until you get your EAD(A05) and then go to the SS office to get the unrestricted SS card. Ask them to use your EAD (A05) to verify your status.They will be able to see the status right away if they use the EAD(A05). EAD(A05) shows immediately in the online verification system that SS office uses. The system is called "SAVE". The I-94 number may not show in "SAVE" system because it takes up to 30-60 days to update.

Keep in mind that some employees at SS office don't know much about asylees/refugees eligibility for unrestricted cards. If you face one of them, then ask to speak to a supervisor. By law, you are eligible for unrestricted SS card.
I just checked the USCIS website and it states that my EAD "card production ordred" wow I'm so glad!!!
@ assylum > thankyou very much for your usual supportive comments, as you said I'll just wait for the EAD before I apply for USS. what about state ID, do I have to wait also for that one? God bless.

The agency (DMV) that issues state ID and driver license also uses "SAVE" online verification program. If you don't want any delay in the verification process, then wait until you receive your EAD(A05). Show them both your I-94 and EAD(A05).

I just checked the USCIS website and it states that my EAD "card production ordred" wow I'm so glad!!!
@ assylum > thankyou very much for your usual supportive comments, as you said I'll just wait for the EAD before I apply for USS. what about state ID, do I have to wait also for that one? God bless.

hi folks,

Dear friend Assylum,
I noticed that you are quite versed in this matter so I would like to ask you directly. I’ve been waiting the decision on my case for two months already. The things in my job are not going well and I am afraid that I could be lay off soon. Since I am currently on H1-B status until September I can not be referred to an immigration judge in case my application was denied. I sent the written inquire about my status three weeks ago and I have not received any answer yet. However, today I dared to call the AO that interviewed me. He was very kind and supportive about my situation but did not tell me anything about the decision or status of my case. He just told me not to worry about and to wait patiently because the process needs to pass through a ton of paperwork that may take either two days or three months. He insisted he can not tell me anything about the outcome, but I think he was trying to imply that all these paperwork is required when the case is approved. According to your experience, all this delay in the process could be positive? I think that if they wanted to deny my case they would have answered already, wouldn’t they? Also, in the case of ASAF, he did not apply for an EAD but his application was approved, therefore he received it automatically after 140 days but before the 150 threshold. I want to believe that happened because after they approved his case they had to wait the 3 months required to issue the EAD. That would give me with hope dreaming that the same could happen to me. Does it make sense? Was I clear?. I really appreciate any comment you can share with me.

Thanks in advance

I-589 Received: 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done: 17-Mar-11
Interviewed: 28-Mar-11
Today is: 26-May-11
# of days passed: 87
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11
Days to go: 63