Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

Hi guys, i have just received my EAD receipt notice, meaning my 1-765 was accepted after sending it together with a copy of i-589 receipt notice. So, now Ladylee you know what to send. I received the receipt seven days after it was received. They write there that any other decision will be mailed separately. I'll keep you posted. Thanks and keep praying for all applicants.

Thanks for the update Mr. Bird!
I mailed my EAD application, and now we will continue waiting, and waiting and waiting!!
Im praying for all of you guys!

Assylum, on the notice that i received, it reads " Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify the USCIS National Customer Service Center at the phone number listed below if there are any changes. " I am wondering if i should call them since i verified and there are no changes to be made. well calling will cost me nothing but is it a requirement to call even if there is no change to report?

Assylum, on the notice that i received, it reads " Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify the USCIS National Customer Service Center at the phone number listed below if there are any changes. " I am wondering if i should call them since i verified and there are no changes to be made. well calling will cost me nothing but is it a requirement to call even if there is no change to report?

You don't need to call if your information is correct.

Hi All,

I Need some information about EAD that I don't see on instruction ... I am little bit confuse please guide who have received EAD Receipt.

Today it is 174 days and I haven't heard any asylum decision yet. (Without any delay)
Although I get update that my asylum decision is still pending.
So far I haven’t send I-765 application to USCIS because I was thinking that I will get my decision within 180 days but I don’t think so I can get decision within 180 days or beyond.

So today I have decide to apply EAD on these coming weekdays for save side.

Before going ahead for EAD Application I need some useful information.

1: Do I have to send 2’s passport size picture 2"x2" along with I-765 for EAD (c)(8) ?
2: DO I have to send individual I-765 for my spouse or I can only send mine application because I did interview with AO.
3: If I send only my I-765 does it cover my spouse I-765 too?
4: Are the following copy enough to send USCIS for EAD Application:
i) Mail received from USCIS that Complete Asylum application received by xx date.
ii) Mail received from USCIS that Interview has been schedule on xx date.
iii) USCIS- Finger Print notice.
iv) AO Receipt Interview done.
v) I-94 copy
vi) Passport copy with USA Visa stamp.
vii) And last I-765 Application

Do I need anything else to complete my EAD application? I will really appreciate for any further information.

Thanks,
HaYYaT

Last edited by a moderator:
I mailed the EAD aplication fifteen days ago and I haven't received the Receipt notice.
I have confirmation of the UPS package delivery, but haven't heard anything from USCIS. Is that normal?

EAD from category C08 to A05

i have a question, before i got approved from court i'm already got EAD with code C08, now on april 2010 i got approved for my asylum. but until now i didnt get the new EAD with code A05 (all of my friend who got approved on court got EAD with 2 year Extended) the question is should i apply new EAD with code A05 or no need ? cause right now my current EAD with code C08 almost expired..

thank you

I mailed the EAD aplication fifteen days ago and I haven't received the Receipt notice.
I have confirmation of the UPS package delivery, but haven't heard anything from USCIS. Is that normal?

I got mine after seven days. I think it all depends on the asylum office you send to. If i were you i would call to confirm. All the best.

i have a question, before i got approved from court i'm already got EAD with code C08, now on april 2010 i got approved for my asylum. but until now i didnt get the new EAD with code A05 (all of my friend who got approved on court got EAD with 2 year Extended) the question is should i apply new EAD with code A05 or no need ? cause right now my current EAD with code C08 almost expired..

thank you

Asylees are not required to have EAD to work. All you need is unrestricted SS card and driver license. If any employer refuses to hire you, then you can file a complain about that employer. The law is on your side

Assylum, Suppose i get approved, will i have to go for biometrics again? And if they approve my I-765, how long does it take after approval to get the SS?

Assylum, Suppose i get approved, will i have to go for biometrics again? And if they approve my I-765, how long does it take after approval to get the SS?

Biometrics are valid for 15 months. If you get approved before the 15 months period ends, then you don't have to do the biometrics again. If your case is ready for approval after the 15 months period, then they will send you a letter asking you to do the biometrics again.

If they approve your EAD C08, then take the card to the SS office to apply for a restricted SS card. It takes 7 to 14 days to get the SS card.

If your asylum application gets approved after you got your restricted SS card, then go back to the SS office to update your status. They will change it from restricted to unrestricted card. They will ask you for I-94 that shows asylum approval stamp or your EAD category A05.

By law, all asylees and refugees are entitled to receive unrestricted SS card, if the SS office employee refuses to issue unrestriced card, then ask to speak to a supervisor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so so much, you have answered all other questions i had in mind. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

Asylees are not required to have EAD to work. All you need is unrestricted SS card and driver license. If any employer refuses to hire you, then you can file a complain about that employer. The law is on your side

thank you for the answer.... :)

Hey guys, just stop by to let you guys know that I received 2 days ago an email confirmation from USCIS that my I785 application was received .
I still haven't received the notice by regular mail. But at least I have now the EAC number.
It's s been more than 2 months since the AO told me that desicion has been made in my case and that I should receive notification soon....

I know all of us are going through the same thing, and that we should have patience...... but this is killing me...
I need a job pretty soon.

I received a notice from uscis telling me that i did not submit enough evidence when i was applying for my EAD. I only sent the acknowledgment receipt of my i-589. They asked for two current colored passport size photos with their own specifications. I will be re-sending it again this week. They gave me until Jan 18th to resend. They also said that a new 90day period will begin when they receive my complete application. Why did they have to send me the receipt notice if they knew it was incomplete? I hope and pray that i will receive my approval before i resend!

Hey Guys! I'm still here waiting for the asylum desicion, and the EAD approval.
It's kind of frustrating to deal with different information I receive from USCIS. I called the Customer Service 1-800 number to find out why I still haven't received the desicion of my EAD, and they advice me to request an infopass in the USCIS local office. I went today, and the response was that my application was still pending and they advise me to call the 1-800 #, I called them and they said that my EAD is pending because I need to wait for fingerprint appointment notice, I explained her that I did the biometrics less than 6 months ago before the asylum interview and they say I have to do it again and that they will mail me the fingerprint appointment notice in the next 30 days.
I'm really confused.... I thought that the biometrics are valid for 15 month.....
What do you guys think I should do? Wait until I receive asylum desicion or request another infopass?
Thansk!