Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

Well mine actually starts with LIN i guess its coz mine is being processed from nebraska but well i did submit everything all my paperwork and photos the only thing missing is my court order but i applied for ead before my first court hearing besides i did submit the paper tat said i was refered to eoir... and i see tat it took yours almost 2 months huh mrbird...man i dnt wanna wait tat long i need to start working asap lol....i just dnt know why they havent posted anything on uscis website its weird and when i call the automated system they also cant find my case????? OOh well im gunna call cusgomer service and see if i can get something but thanks mr bird...hows working life treating ya :)

Well, my application would have taken three weeks but i forgot to send the photos which delayed the decision. Am now looking for a job. If i were you i would go there in person. Did you receive a receipt that your application was received?

Well, my application would have taken three weeks but i forgot to send the photos which delayed the decision. Am now looking for a job. If i were you i would go there in person. Did you receive a receipt that your application was received?

ya i did get the receipt and ya ill prolly go to my local office but the local office here in Denver sucks they cant give any information cause last time i went in there for asylum info and they couldn't help me at all but i guess ill give it a shot and ill call them when my clock reaches 180 which is like 21 feb.

ya i did get the receipt and ya ill prolly go to my local office but the local office here in Denver sucks they cant give any information cause last time i went in there for asylum info and they couldn't help me at all but i guess ill give it a shot and ill call them when my clock reaches 180 which is like 21 feb.

The local office (info pass) should be able to give you some useful information about your I-765 because they have access to the CLAIMS system. However, they can't give you any information about your I-589 because they have no access to RAPS system.

The local office (info pass) should be able to give you some useful information about your I-765 because they have access to the CLAIMS system. However, they can't give you any information about your I-589 because they have no access to RAPS system.

Ya i think i will do tat maybe ill wait till friday coz i know you (asylum) said it takes 180 days so well hoping by thursday ill get the card in mail.. but ill call them and also go to infopass..but thanks asylum i was waiting to see what u had to say..and thanks mrbird...ill post if i get something..keep a look at this forum

So i called the 1-800 no and the lady tat answered my phone was like "sir it takes 75-90 days for your application to be processed" i told her tat well in uscis website it says 3-4 weeks ffor cases with pending asylum but she insisted it takes 3 mnths. Still cant see my status online and now theyre saying 90 days last time it took them 5 mnths to deny my case but tat was when i was a student still...NSC and TSC is a joke bunch of rednecks working there..anyways i have accuired infopass should i go there anyways to see if they can help me like put a request or smething or just wait forever (lol)... i also sent an email to NSC and the email said "your application is with an officer" idk what to do i wish there was a way to call or do something o well to all who got their ead man u guys are lucky...i need to work asap to save for lawyer and fight my asylum case but man oh man...

So i called the 1-800 no and the lady tat answered my phone was like "sir it takes 75-90 days for your application to be processed" i told her tat well in uscis website it says 3-4 weeks ffor cases with pending asylum but she insisted it takes 3 mnths. Still cant see my status online and now theyre saying 90 days last time it took them 5 mnths to deny my case but tat was when i was a student still...NSC and TSC is a joke bunch of rednecks working there..anyways i have accuired infopass should i go there anyways to see if they can help me like put a request or smething or just wait forever (lol)... i also sent an email to NSC and the email said "your application is with an officer" idk what to do i wish there was a way to call or do something o well to all who got their ead man u guys are lucky...i need to work asap to save for lawyer and fight my asylum case but man oh man...

Look, you seem to be getting stressed. Relax and take your time to try and be patient. I know how it feels but there comes a time and all you can do is wait. Just wait with hope. I know of someone in this forum who never got even the receipt but got the EAD in the mail after waiting. So, since they said they have your application, just wait. It wont be forever!! lol

Look, you seem to be getting stressed. Relax and take your time to try and be patient. I know how it feels but there comes a time and all you can do is wait. Just wait with hope. I know of someone in this forum who never got even the receipt but got the EAD in the mail after waiting. So, since they said they have your application, just wait. It wont be forever!! lol

Well infopass in denver oficially sucks lol i went in there and the lady was so arrogant i mean i told her check the website it says three weeks for ead with pending asylum but she was adamant tat it takes 3 mnths finally she took a look at the website and said its a typo...lol.. ya uscis makes typo.. also she wouldnt even send an email for courtasy... well the only thing is waiting...idk how long nebraska is gunna take...

Anyways asylum and mrbird i do have my final court date hearing letter do yall think i should mail tat with my ead reciept u know maybe itll help to fast things up a bit.. i know i sound desperate to get it but well i am lol im in a bad position ii need my ead or ill prolly have to start living in streets lol...

Assylum Please Help.

I applied for my asylum (I-589) and withholding of removal, and I never received a receipt with a copy of my pic and stuff ... I did though , receive the biometrics paper ...

My thing is , the driver license place , said i needed that paper to be able to renew my life. So I'm kind of worried , about this I-589 receipt thing that she is asking for , what does it look like the receipt for it? I showed the biometrics she said that's not the receipt thingy ...

some extra info: I applied directly to the judge , I had a removal procedure ... The judge stamped it and stuff , and that was day 1 ... may 2 we can apply for EAD ... but meanwhile we need this 'Receipt' of the I-589, that supposedly has my photo ... please just give me some guidance , i have read a lot of comments from you interacting with Mr. Bird and Lady Lee ... and i just want to say thank you so much , for all the guidance you have put here on this forum. And whether you can answer my question or not , thank you anyways.

Assylum Please Help.

I applied for my asylum (I-589) and withholding of removal, and I never received a receipt with a copy of my pic and stuff ... I did though , receive the biometrics paper ...

My thing is , the driver license place , said i needed that paper to be able to renew my life. So I'm kind of worried , about this I-589 receipt thing that she is asking for , what does it look like the receipt for it? I showed the biometrics she said that's not the receipt thingy ...

some extra info: I applied directly to the judge , I had a removal procedure ... The judge stamped it and stuff , and that was day 1 ... may 2 we can apply for EAD ... but meanwhile we need this 'Receipt' of the I-589, that supposedly has my photo ... please just give me some guidance , i have read a lot of comments from you interacting with Mr. Bird and Lady Lee ... and i just want to say thank you so much , for all the guidance you have put here on this forum. And whether you can answer my question or not , thank you anyways.

i have actually heard from you and first time that i797C (this is your receipt that u get from uscis if u applied with them) has your photo?? idk what the reciept will look like when u apply directly with a judge. I would call the uscis if i were you and ask them to send you one just tell them you need the original i797c for you to be able to get your license ( now keep in mind that when u call and ask for the receipt to be sent they usually send a paper that has your info so do ask them and insist u need the green paper the proper i797c that will look like your biometrics paper, the green paper and also ask them about this so called photo one???) or go to your judges office and ask them and tell them your situation they might tell you something about it or maybe theyll help you out u know like give you a stamped paper that would allow you to to submit it and get your license.

I hope assylum will help you out he is more informed in this than me... but thought id input my knowledge on this :D. actually you are lucky that your dmv just asked you your receipt mine wont even give me that chance luckily my license wont expire till july..maybe i should go to a different dmv and do what u did and renew mine in time hmmm...

to ASSYLUM and MR. BIRD

so i know assylum told me dnt ask for extension on my asylum case as it might stop my clock..well i didnt coz when the judge saw me without a lawyer he automatically set my master hearing for spetember ididnt ask him for anything at all.. and somehow my clock is stopped idk how, its stopped at 163 i checked it today.... will that hurt my ead application... how can i get my clock restarted again by myself coz i cant afford any lawyer right now...and maybe thats why its taking too long for my ead to be reviwed huh?? please help me assylum what do you think i should do...

do yall think i should mail tat with my ead reciept u know maybe itll help to fast things up a bit.. i know i sound desperate to get it but well i am lol im in a bad position ii need my ead or ill prolly have to start living in streets lol...

According to the new USCIS guidelines, the service center will not accept any thing that you send if they don't ask for it. They will return the package to you and will ask you to call the customer service to submit a request so don't waste your time by submitting something they never ask for.

The EAD(c08) takes up to 3 months. The 3 weeks processing time is only a goal that USCIS is trying to achieve but that doesn't mean that they have to approve it within 3 weeks.

to ASSYLUM and MR. BIRD

my clock is stopped idk how, its stopped at 163 i checked it today.... will that hurt my ead application... how can i get my clock restarted again by myself coz i cant afford any lawyer right now...and maybe thats why its taking too long for my ead to be reviwed huh?? please help me assylum what do you think i should do...

EAD(c08) can't be issued until the clock reaches 180 days. Check the clock again and if is still stopped next week, then go to your local court during the business hours and explain your situation to them. They might have access to your records and will tell you what is going on.

Assylum Please Help.

The biometrics letter usually has the receipt number for the I-589. If I were you, I would do the following:

1. I will try to make info pass to talk to the information officer. They don't have any access to see your case at all but they might call the service center that issues the receipt notice for I-589. If you are in a removal proceedings and you filed your I-589 at the court, most likely, the receipt notice is sent from Nebraska Service Center (Defensive asylum application). The info pass officer might be able to contact that office directly.

2. If step 1 doesn't work, then go to the local court during business hours and tell them that you haven't received your receipt notice yet.

3. If you have a lawyer, then your lawyer usually does step 1 and 2.

EAD(c08) can't be issued until the clock reaches 180 days. Check the clock again and if is still stopped next week, then go to your local court during the business hours and explain your situation to them. They might have access to your records and will tell you what is going on.

Well ive been doing some research on this clock bbs and found out tat there are two clocks 1. Ead work clock and 2.asylum adjudication clock. Also in some immigration lawyer's website it says tat tho 2 is stopped it shouldnt affect 1 coz they are different but uscis and eoir treat them as same mmy ead clock should be running at full speed but idk if it is... My worry is even if i go to local office they might not restart it or have clue about it..and well i cant afford attorny to help me out...

Do u think itll be a good idea to go to my judges court room and try to explain this when he is done with his cases aand is free...i mean if the clerk at front desk cant help me...besides why would a judge tell me im eligible for work permit then stop my clock i dont get it at all.... now i dnt even have a slight chance of winning my asylum coz the IA will murder me since i wont have an attorny...this sucks

Do u think itll be a good idea to go to my judges court room and try to explain this when he is done with his cases aand is free...i mean if the clerk at front desk cant help me...besides why would a judge tell me im eligible for work permit then stop my clock i dont get it at all.... now i dnt even have a slight chance of winning my asylum coz the IA will murder me since i wont have an attorny...this sucks

They won't allow you to see a judge. The clerk might give you at least a clue what is going on.

You can also directly contact the service center that is processing your I-765 and ask them why your I-765 is still pending. By calling them directly, you will be talking to a real officer/adjudicator. Ask politely and be very nice. They are not a customer service people. They are adjudicators and officers who have full access to your file.

I sent you the number by PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't allow you to see a judge. The clerk might give you at least a clue what is going on.

You can also directly contact the service center that is processing your I-765 and ask them why your I-765 is still pending. By calling them directly, you will be talking to a real officer/adjudicator. Ask politely and be very nice. They are not a customer service people. They are adjudicators and officers who have full access to your file.

I sent you the number by PM.

Thanks assylum really appreciate ur help...but u prolly know by now tat the automated system and online says it cant find my case so ill be stuck on the part where i have to enter my reciept number so what do u think i should do if tat happens i mean both me and my brothers reciept number it cant find...tho i do have my dads reciept number for a form he filed and btw its from nebraska too his also starts with LIN but his is I485.....do u think i should enter tat to get thru and connect and when i get someone on the line give them mine and start explaining my situation???

IIll also try to go to court and ask them coz i swear the judge saw me wihout a lawyer and then told me he will set my master calender hearing date for september and then he, not me, but he asked if i had applied for ead i said yes and he told me i would get it by feb16....oh ya he even gave me the date i was surprised like how did he know and how could he give me an exact date not even like an estimation u know...but well...we all know where my ead is going but why would he say tat then stop the clock then doesnt make any sense...

If both applications starts with LIN, then that means the case is at Nebraska. You can call on behalf of your dad to ask questions about his case and then ask them about your case as well. By the way, if you are able to connect directly to Nebraska service center, they will ask you for your A# because they have full access to your records and they can see everything unlike the customer service staff.

I hope they are in a good mood to accept your call. Most of the time, they reject the call and they ask you to call the customer service. It all depends on who receives the call and whether that person is in a good mood or not.

Help me plz!

HELP ME PLZ!​

I applied to asylum in August 2010. I have been referred to court. I applied to EAD in Feb. after 162 days. I received a letter yesterday says my request is denied because I applied before 180 days. I assume the clock has stopped. I have no f*** idea what should I do.

HELP ME PLZ!​

I applied to asylum in August 2010. I have been referred to court. I applied to EAD in Feb. after 162 days. I received a letter yesterday says my request is denied because I applied before 180 days. I assume the clock has stopped. I have no f*** idea what should I do.

Your lawyer should explain your situation to the judge at the master hearing.

EAD C (8) filed on the 21st, received on the 23rd. Dallas lockbox. NOA Receipt received on May,2nd. What should i expect next? I heard that i'm supose to receive a notice of aproval? when should i receive that? And how long does it take for the whole application to be processed and get my card? I hear people say 3 weeks and so is USCUS websit, but some people say 3 months plus. I need help because i already found a job and they gave me a short time to obtain some paperwork.
Thank you all.