Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

EAD Receipt Notice today

Anytime, All the best!

Hello, I am happy today I received EAD Receipt Notice from the Nebraska Service Center for the after 150days pending:D...I am still waiting for the Interview Notice which is almost 6 months now...what is really happening...this wait is another psychological torture that i am receiving:confused:. what am I going to do??? Please any comment will really be appreciated.

Thank you all.

The same

Hi ,

I have been waiting for my EAD the same time and I went to the uscis office and said the same ....that in the web page it says 3 weeks but it is not true ......i filed for my EAD on the 18 of July and until the 21 of Sept my status changed to Card production .....and on the 23 changed back to post decision activity stating that they have sent the notice of aproval.......it takes 3 months be patient but it takes that time

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got EAD receipt notice today. Exactly after one week. Today I talked to my attorney about my EAD and told me that it will take 3 months to get it. Is that true??????????? I checked USCIS website and it shows 3 weeks processing time. I am confused. What I see form some of your posts that it will take a month or so.....Any suggestion?

application received- 4-7-11
Interview 5-2-11
Days passed - 162
150 days on - 9-4-11
EAD filed 9-9-11
EAD receipt 9-16-11
Result ?????????????????????????

Hi ,

I have been waiting for my EAD the same time and I went to the uscis office and said the same ....that in the web page it says 3 weeks but it is not true ......i filed for my EAD on the 18 of July and until the 21 of Sept my status changed to Card production .....and on the 23 changed back to post decision activity stating that they have sent the notice of aproval.......it takes 3 months be patient but it takes that time

So, looks like if they takes long time then the case may get approve.:)

Overstayed Asylum Case in Court

ATT: Mr. Asylum, I hope you've been well. I have been away for a while. At least i got myself a stable job now. Now, i have a friend who came here in 2007 after having come several other times. He over stayed his visa and was arrested in 2009. He told the judge that he had over stayed due to fears of persecution in his country. He then applied for asylum afterwords. The judge has been adjourning his case since he has not been able to settle his balance with the attorney. He has never applied for EAD. My question is, can he apply for EAD when his case has been pending that long or has the clock been stopped cos of adjourning the case? I understand he applied for asylum after one year of entry making it tricky, but is there a way he can get an EAD? His attorney is just a greedy man and seems not to care. And also, can he apply for EAD by himself and not through his attorney since he has one? Also how can he check if the clock has been stopped?

Thank you!

Just to inform you all that, i received my EAD today. thank you all very much for the inputs..they really helped. May God bless u'all

ATT: Mr. Asylum, I hope you've been well. I have been away for a while. At least i got myself a stable job now. Now, i have a friend who came here in 2007 after having come several other times. He over stayed his visa and was arrested in 2009. He told the judge that he had over stayed due to fears of persecution in his country. He then applied for asylum afterwords. The judge has been adjourning his case since he has not been able to settle his balance with the attorney. He has never applied for EAD. My question is, can he apply for EAD when his case has been pending that long or has the clock been stopped cos of adjourning the case? I understand he applied for asylum after one year of entry making it tricky, but is there a way he can get an EAD? His attorney is just a greedy man and seems not to care. And also, can he apply for EAD by himself and not through his attorney since he has one? Also how can he check if the clock has been stopped?

Thank you!

It is highly likely that the clock stopped (and it is likely a proper clock-stoppage) but he may have a bigger issue in that the asylum application was not filed before the standard one-year deadline after entering the U.S.

Hello, I am happy today I received EAD Receipt Notice from the Nebraska Service Center for the after 150days pending:D...I am still waiting for the Interview Notice which is almost 6 months now...what is really happening...this wait is another psychological torture that i am receiving:confused:. what am I going to do??? Please any comment will really be appreciated.

Thank you all.

am happy for you. Now i pray u get approved.

Interim EAD

Hi Guys,

I have been reading your posts and I found it very helpful. I am trying to apply EAD for pending asylum case. I read on USCIS website they issue interim EAD if they can't process and issue your work permit within 30 days. is that true? I read somewhere they stopped issuing interim EAD.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Guys,

I have been reading your posts and I found it very helpful. I am trying to apply EAD for pending asylum case. I read on USCIS website they issue interim EAD if they can't process and issue your work permit within 30 days. is that true? I read somewhere they stopped issuing interim EAD.

Thank you for your help.
Hi kkwest, you have to wait until 150 days passes since they recieved your I-589, otherwise they are going to deny your app for EAD. They no longer issue Interim EAD, if you get recomended approval you can apply for EAD immediately, no need for 150 days waiting.
good luck.

Interim EAD

Thank you so so much for your instant response Karr2008. My application has been pending for 196 days. I saw I-765 form instruction online which is updated in Jan 2011 and I was 100% sure they issue interim EAD. Since when they stopped issuing interim EAD?

Thank you so so much for your instant response Karr2008. My application has been pending for 196 days. I saw I-765 form instruction online which is updated in Jan 2011 and I was 100% sure they issue interim EAD. Since when they stopped issuing interim EAD?

No, they no longer issue interim EADs. IF they are late, make an InfoPass appt and they will take steps to speed it up.

Aside from that, the 150 days is based on a clock that can be stopped for a variety of reasons. IF you submitted an incomplete application, requested a postponement, were issued an RFE, refused the first court date offered, or requested a change of venue, any such delays stop the clock and it is very difficult to re-start a clock.

EOIR recently issued a memo about this issue. See http://www.justice.gov/eoir/efoia/ocij/oppm11/11-02.pdf

However, USCIS has additional procedures http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/AffrmAsyManFNL.pdf and it probably has been updated by various memos.

Hopefully, there has been no delay in your case to even worry about.

Hey Guys,

I am trying to fill out the I-765 form based on pending asylum case more than 150 days and I have a couple of questions

1. I had a work permit as a student before and now i am out of status and I have a pending asylum case. I am applying under C08 and my question is should I choose renewal of EAD or an initial EAD? I am going to attach the copy of my previous EAD's.

2. I live in California and I wanted to make sure that I should send the application to Phoenix lockbox?

Thank you so much for all your help.

So confused

Hi folks, please give some advice.. My decision has not been made, but i already send i-765. 7 days later i got the received notice and just now i got the mail from gov. I have to send the evidence that my asylum is pending.. But i have nothing to proof that my asylum is pending. When i went to pick up my decision, the officer didnt give me a letter or notice(something that proof my asylum is pending) i really really confusedddd

Hi folks, please give some advice.. My decision has not been made, but i already send i-765. 7 days later i got the received notice and just now i got the mail from gov. I have to send the evidence that my asylum is pending.. But i have nothing to proof that my asylum is pending. When i went to pick up my decision, the officer didnt give me a letter or notice(something that proof my asylum is pending) i really really confusedddd

You "went to pick up [the] decision" WHAT happened EXACTLY?

Undertaken noasde

Hi kkwest, you have to wait until 150 days passes since they recieved your I-589, otherwise they are going to deny your app for EAD. They no longer issue Interim EAD, if you get recomended approval you can apply for EAD immediately, no need for 150 days waiting.
good luck.

You "went to pick up [the] decision" WHAT happened EXACTLY?

1 female officer talked to me and told me that officer who interviewed me has not make decision and say the decision will send via mail, until now..... Nothing come:confused:

1 female officer talked to me and told me that officer who interviewed me has not make decision and say the decision will send via mail, until now..... Nothing come:confused:

The documents that you need to my understanding which I sent with my filing for EAD are the notice to do the Biometrics that the USCIS sent to you and the notice of your interview schedule. That will do it.

The documents that you need to my understanding which I sent with my filing for EAD are the notice to do the Biometrics that the USCIS sent to you and the notice of your interview schedule. That will do it.

You mean i can send my notice interview schedule as evidence that proof mt asylum is pending? Oh yeah i already send notice of biometrics to them.. :confused: