Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

I applied for asylum

Hi , Please help me , I applied for asylum on first may this year , till now don't have notification of the interview , I live in Ohio , for how long may it take to receive the interview date ? after I will finish the interview for how long i'll wait the decision .

Hi , Please help me , I applied for asylum on first may this year , till now don't have notification of the interview , I live in Ohio , for how long may it take to receive the interview date ? after I will finish the interview for how long i'll wait the decision .

I hope you have received the biometric notice. If not, then you might need to call the asylum office where you mailed your application. If you have already done the fingerprint, then you need to wait for your interview depending on processing times of the asylum office you mailed. It normally takes 30 days with most of the offices. If I were you i would call the office to inquire since 5 months is way too long to wait for the interview. You can also check the status of your case on uscis.gov. I wish you well.

The documents that you need to my understanding which I sent with my filing for EAD are the notice to do the Biometrics that the USCIS sent to you and the notice of your interview schedule. That will do it.

karri2008 and others on this thread I am afraid i might face rge same problem nighty faced

EAD application for Category (C) (8) Asylum Applicant, Requires Evidence that Application for Asylum is pending.

According to EAD form i-765 instructions I need to prove that Asylum Application is pending with AO, I only have the following:-

(a) Copy of USCIS Acknowledgment Mailer (I have that).
(b) Other Evidence that your Form I-589 was filed with USCIS (I only have finger prints notice)

I do not have interview notice because AO took it from me when I went for interview. When I went to pick up the decision they took from me the notice and told me verbally the decision will be mailed to me which had never happened.

Are the above documents enough to prove that my case is pending with them?
Shall I go to their office in person to ask for that proof?
I do not want to apply for EAD and get denied after this long time of waiting
Please advice me, thanks

danti

I had interviewed

Thank you for your help , I had interviewed from 21 days , the officer was nice but I don't know if she convinced or not , if she didn't convinced ? how long to send the decision ? if the decision take more than one month will it be good sign? or how to feel that it will be granted or not ? , I applied for my work permit from 4 Oct , till now they didn't send a bio-metric letter of work permit but i did it for the asylum before the interview , sorry that I ask a lot

karri2008 and others on this thread I am afraid i might face rge same problem nighty faced

EAD application for Category (C) (8) Asylum Applicant, Requires Evidence that Application for Asylum is pending.

According to EAD form i-765 instructions I need to prove that Asylum Application is pending with AO, I only have the following:-

(a) Copy of USCIS Acknowledgment Mailer (I have that).
(b) Other Evidence that your Form I-589 was filed with USCIS (I only have finger prints notice)

I do not have interview notice because AO took it from me when I went for interview. When I went to pick up the decision they took from me the notice and told me verbally the decision will be mailed to me which had never happened.

Are the above documents enough to prove that my case is pending with them?
Shall I go to their office in person to ask for that proof?
I do not want to apply for EAD and get denied after this long time of waiting
Please advice me, thanks

danti

In my case my lowyer had a copy of the interview schedule they sent to him as well. Yes I remeber they took the one they sent to me. They also gave me a signed paper to return and pick up the decision in 2 weeks which could help also. but if you only have these documents I guess that is it for you, if you don't have anymore evidence then just send what you got and wait to see what happens. I bet they will be able to check whether you really have a pending case on their own also. Hoping the best for you, good luck

Thanks Karri2008, I do not have a lawyer so I asked some paralegal and they advice me to do one of the followings:-
1. going in person to Asylum office and ask the officer or a supervisor to give me a proof that my case is pending with them - alternative i can send inquiry but they will take their time to answer.
2. sending a letter along with my EAD application stating that my case is pending with the Asylum Office and these are all the documents i have, if they need further proof/evidence better they contact the asylum office.

I choose the second option.

I mailed the EAD aplication fifteen days ago and I haven't received the Receipt notice.
I have confirmation of the UPS package delivery, but haven't heard anything from USCIS. Is that normal?

Yes, but you should receive USCIS notice anytime now.

Hello guys! I filled for EAD renewal over a month ago, the check for 480 was cashed 3 days after they received the application, but since then it's been already over a month and nothing happened. Any idea why the delay?? I read that the renewal is faster than applying for the first time, that it takes around 3 weeks maximum, but it is already the 5th week. I am alittle bet worried because my old EAD will expire in less than a month from now, and I may lose my job. Any suggesstions as to what I should do. Any phone number that I can call and inquire. I tried to call the USCIS customer service # but they put me on hold and I waited for 40 minutes and I gave up. Any ideas or suggessions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Application for the EAD with the recommended approval

Hello!
I have been handed a ‘recommended approval’ letter, and now trying to apply to EAD, without a lawyer. I would appreciate very much if you could please help me to clarify the following questions:
1. I have only the ‘acknowledgment of receipt’ and the ‘fingerprint notice’, would they be enough for the EAD application. I don’t have the interview notice.
2. Should I include the copy of this letter in the application pack too?
3. Do I need to copy all pages of my passport, or only the first page with name and data and the one with USA visa? (I have a lot of other visas too)

Thank you so much

Hello!
I have been handed a ‘recommended approval’ letter, and now trying to apply to EAD, without a lawyer. I would appreciate very much if you could please help me to clarify the following questions:
1. I have only the ‘acknowledgment of receipt’ and the ‘fingerprint notice’, would they be enough for the EAD application. I don’t have the interview notice.
2. Should I include the copy of this letter in the application pack too?
3. Do I need to copy all pages of my passport, or only the first page with name and data and the one with USA visa? (I have a lot of other visas too)

Thank you so much

congratulations on your asylum,a recommended approval already means you have it ,may be its your background check that they are waiting.Already been recommended for approval you can use that letter to apply for EAD but I will answer your other questions.
1.)yes those two will be fine apart if they are just so picky to ask you for that but with the recommended letter you should be fine.
2.)definitely yes you need to send a copy
3.)yes that is very important ,they will need to verify your identity i had that same problem of not sending passport color copies and they sent me a letter asking for that because they wanted to verify my identity.so yes send them color copies of the passport
with the visa copy ,i-94 copy and any other thing that will identify you.Good luck
This is part of what uscis website says about recommended approval
Recommended Approval

We will issue a recommended approval when you are eligible for asylum but we have not received the results of required security checks. A recommended approval includes your spouse and children, provided that:

They are present in the United States
They were included on your application
You established a qualifying relationship to them

When a recommended approval has been issued due to pending security checks, you and your family members may apply for permission to work in the United States by filing a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (see Form I-765 to the right). When we receive the results of the required security checks and you are cleared, the recommended approval will be changed to a grant of asylum (see above

you can go here http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=f39d3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Hi everybody! I send papers for my EAD about 2 months ago. For the last month my case status was "initial review", but since last few days I can not check my case status, it doesn't say anything, even not "initial review" anymore. Did anybody have something similar before? What does it mean? I called 800#but they can not check my case as its pending more then 45 day, they send a request to another office, but I have to wait 5 days for the answer. I worry so much. Please, advise!

Hi everyone
I request EAD 40 days ago from Seattle I received notice after 7 days.am checking on line since that day it shows intial review .i just wondering some of my friend they got less than 30 days .is any one have past experience any body from Seattle.
Thanks

Hi everyone
I request EAD 40 days ago from Seattle I received notice after 7 days.am checking on line since that day it shows intial review .i just wondering some of my friend they got less than 30 days .is any one have past experience any body from Seattle.
Thanks
I am not form Seattle, but mine took 2 month. It will come soon, next week maybe. Don't worry, you are almost there! Good luck!