Add Passport renewal experience at Indian Consular Offices in US

More queries

I am having a very bad experience with NY Consulate. I personally went to the consulate on Feb 9th to submit my pp renewal application. I was told I could not recieve the passport on the same day and will need to request by mail due to lot of people showing up at the consulate that day. I paid them $55 ($40 pp renewal fee + $15 express mail fee). Its almost nearing 2 months and I have absolutely no clue about the status of my application. No one answers the phone or replies to my email.
I would suggest you go to the consulate in person to submit and pick your passport - No mail business with these jerks. It's going to be an entire day event so don't tag along your kids/ family along to avoid stress due to long wait times. Consulate stinks and is a rat hole! Shame on the Indian Government for forcing such deplorable conditions on its citizens.

Hi,

Any updates on your passport ? I am going on 1st week of may personally.
Is there a queue for it ?

What time should I reach at consulate ?

Thnaks

Sanks

Additional booklet, running out of pages

Hi guys,

My passport pages are running out. Only three blank pages are left and it is due expiry in 2009. I have to get various visas urgently for going to China, NZ, Australia and England.
Do you think indian consulate would add an additional booklet if not all pages are exhausted?

Other option is to get a new booklet under the provision that signature has changed (which has really changed). Does one have to submit an affidavit for this? If yes, where to get it?

I live in PA and I am planning to personally appear at NY consulate after reading horro stories for mail in applications.

Please comment

Their website says that if you go before 11 AM, then passport is processed the same day. I am also going to NY consulate and I plan to reach at 8 AM.

Hi,

Any updates on your passport ? I am going on 1st week of may personally.
Is there a queue for it ?

What time should I reach at consulate ?

Thnaks

Sanks

Passport photo size

whether the photo size of 2 inch by 2 inch for passport renewal will do or 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm is must ?

Because here in US everywhere they have standard size of 2 inch x 2 inch

I think 3.5x3.5 is must. Cut some US passport photos to make this size and take few US passport photos along with. Also somewhere on their website they say that photos can be taken on premises.

Renewal passport in NY consulate

Hi,

Can i go to NY indian cosulate to renew my passport if i stay in any state in US or NY cosulate is for only if i stay i some selected states only?

Thanks

Vsq

Interesting...

I am going to the Houston Consulate tommorrow.. I'll update you guys what they say.

Irrational - Can you please share your experience of your Houston Consulate visit? I am interested in knowing if I can make a "Tatkal" application (paying extra $90) for passport renewal if I go in person. Did you try to do that? Did it work.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Did you visit Houston Consulate?

E_V

Did you visit the Indian Consulate in Houston? Were you successful in your "Emergency" application for passport renewal under the Tatkal scheme ($90)? Please share your experiences

-Ranga

Has anyone received renewed passport from Chicago consulate recently

I applied for passport renewal + change of Name on MAy 14, 2007 and there are no news from the consulate. I faxed, mailed and called so many times. nobody picking up calls. Calla r going into VM.

Any idea, how many days, they will be taking. Do u guys have any other internal nos for contact.

Thanks
KApil

Houston Indian Consulate Processing Time

Folks .. Houston Indian consulate received my passport on May 11, and I received it back today June 15th. This passport was issued in India and had 10 years of initial validity.

I was planning to personally appear at the consulate on Monday June 18th, so this is a timely arrival!

Good luck to anyone waiting! My PD became current in June bulletin, now I can finally ship this last doc to my lawyer!

I failed to mention above .. it was a renewal of my passport (expiring in Oct 2007). They returned both passports with I-94 attached :).

Strange that they cut the first cover page of the old passport on the corner, just to visibly show that a new one has been issued I guess.

Ooz -

The last sentence of your post on the immigration.com portal caught my attention. You said - "My PD became current in June bulletin, now I can finally ship this last doc to my lawyer". What did you exactly mean? What were you waiting to "ship" to the lawyer? For filing 485 you do not have to send your passport !! Then what exactly are you sending for your I485 filing?

Another question - Did you ever consider applying for passport renewal in person at Houston through the tatkal scheme? Do you know if it will work?

-Ranga

Folks .. Houston Indian consulate received my passport on May 11, and I received it back today June 15th. This passport was issued in India and had 10 years of initial validity.

I was planning to personally appear at the consulate on Monday June 18th, so this is a timely arrival!

Good luck to anyone waiting! My PD became current in June bulletin, now I can finally ship this last doc to my lawyer!

Same day service

Hey,

Does anyone know if we can get back our passport from the Indian consulate at Chicago if we apply for passport renewal in the morning. Im hoping to get my passport back in the evening. But do we need valid reasons or can anyone use this emergency?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can someone please share their NY Indian consulate experience.

I am planning to go to NY Indian consulate to renew my 7yr old son's passport.

1. Parking guidance near the consualte.
2. Do I need to submit both the parents passports or copies?
3. If parking is a nightmare, how about the public transport.

Mailing Options: If I mail it
1. Do I mail both parents passports or notarized passport copies along with my son's original passport.
2. How was your experience with NY Indian consulate with Mailing the documents.

Appreciate for anyones response.

Ashok

Passport Renewed at SFO Consulate with name correction

Hi,

Passport has been renewed with correct name at Indian consulate, San Francisco for 10 years.

Previous Passport

Gien Name: First Name last Name
Surname:

New Passport after Renewal

Given Name: First Name
Surname: Last Name

Just applied for passport renewal that is going to expire in June 2008 on Jun 2, 2007 thru USPS Expressmail and got both the passports back on Jun 19, 2007 with name corrected.