• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I have a quick question, When I initially sent in my AOS package I had a close friend fill up the i134. Just this may, my brother got his green card and is now an eligible sponsor for me (i134).

1) Will it benefit me to have him fill out the i134 to bring to the interview?
2) Do they allow having 2 sponsors? Or would I have to choose one?

Thanks!

So if I understand correctly, you can do a walk in at any ASC?

Yeah you're not limited to the one where your appointment is scheduled for. You're just limited to whichever ones you can talk your way into ;)

Personally, for something as important as this, I was prepared to go to some trouble to get it done a few weeks early, even knowing that it might not speed things up at all, and in the end it probably didn't. But I was determined to do everything I could to maximize my chances of success.

I have a quick question, When I initially sent in my AOS package I had a close friend fill up the i134. Just this may, my brother got his green card and is now an eligible sponsor for me (i134).

1) Will it benefit me to have him fill out the i134 to bring to the interview?
2) Do they allow having 2 sponsors? Or would I have to choose one?

Thanks!
You cannot have multiple sponsors, only one is allowed. Having your brother sponsor you in place of your friend wouldn’t necessarily make your case more approvable if it originally isn’t, unless of course if the current sponsor does not meet the financial requirements to do so.

Hey,
Is there an issue with February CN ? April People already received their interview date while nobody from Feb got one. I just check on the spreadsheet. I have been waiting for an interview notice for 50 days. Any advice on what should I do. Thanks
I am one of the February people too. It's been 70 days since my bio appointment, and still no interview notice. My FO typically schedules interviews within a month after biometrics, so this delay is quite unusual. I reached out to my congressman's office two weeks ago, but they still haven't submitted the inquiry to the USCIS. Is there anything else I can do except wait?

I am one of the February people too. It's been 70 days since my bio appointment, and still no interview notice. My FO typically schedules interviews within a month after biometrics, so this delay is quite unusual. I reached out to my congressman's office two weeks ago, but they still haven't submitted the inquiry to the USCIS. Is there anything else I can do except wait?
I am also patiently waiting for the update. Perhaps we could be stuck in background check (TAL related). I will reach out to my congressman if there is no update by the first week of June. I think there are some folks (February CN) actually had their interview and not updating their info on the spreadsheet. Another option for you could be contacting Ombudsman. Hope we hear some update from the USCIS soon.

Every time I email KCC about my DV receipt they reply back with this:

“Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check https://dvprogram.state.gov. If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application.”

Has anyone here received the same responses and were still able to get their receipts?

I am also patiently waiting for the update. Perhaps we could be stuck in background check (TAL related). I will reach out to my congressman if there is no update by the first week of June. I think there are some folks (February CN) actually had their interview and not updating their info on the spreadsheet. Another option for you could be contacting Ombudsman. Hope we hear some update from the USCIS soon.
Thanks! Is there any way to check if we are actually stuck in administrative processing and it's not something else? Can we ask Emma about this?
I hope it works out well in the end!

Every time I email KCC about my DV receipt they reply back with this:

“Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check https://dvprogram.state.gov. If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application.”

Has anyone here received the same responses and were still able to get their receipts?
That response indicates they have you down for CP, not AOS.

That response indicates they have you down for CP, not AOS.
Yeah I emailed them a month ago to switch me to AOS and mailed in my DV fee. I’m not sure what to do at this point because based on their responses they can’t switch me to AOS :(

they cashed in my DV fee too..

Yeah I emailed them a month ago to switch me to AOS and mailed in my DV fee. I’m not sure what to do at this point because based on their responses they can’t switch me to AOS :(

they cashed in my DV fee too..
If they cashed the fee they should have you down, maybe just a lag in updating their systems. Not sure how they work that, it’s possible they only do that update when they do the receipt which would explain it.
Have you explained clearly in the emails that you are switching to adjustment and they have cashed the adjustment fee?

Has anyone ever gotten into any trouble traveling right before submitting the AOS package? I spoke to someone earlier this year who went through the process and recommended I not travel 3 months before submitting, but I can't find any rules that say to avoid this given I have not yet submitted the package. It's a two week period of travel for work. Just don't want to ruin my chances of getting the card when I get back and submit the application. Thank you!

If they cashed the fee they should have you down, maybe just a lag in updating their systems. Not sure how they work that, it’s possible they only do that update when they do the receipt which would explain it.
Have you explained clearly in the emails that you are switching to adjustment and they have cashed the adjustment fee?
In my first email from last month I informed them I would like to switch processing of my case to AOS and have mailed in the DV fee. In my second email I sent "I've submitted the payment of the DV fee for $330 to the Department of State and the cashier's check has been cashed but I have not received the receipt yet. I would like to kindly request a copy of the receipt of the DV payment so I can proceed with AOS processing filing." They responded to both of those emails with “Your case number is now current for interview processing...." Maybe I should be more clear, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I think you're right and they probably haven't been able to update their system. I will give them a couple more weeks.

Has anyone ever gotten into any trouble traveling right before submitting the AOS package? I spoke to someone earlier this year who went through the process and recommended I not travel 3 months before submitting, but I can't find any rules that say to avoid this given I have not yet submitted the package. It's a two week period of travel for work. Just don't want to ruin my chances of getting the card when I get back and submit the application. Thank you!
This is the famed “90 day rule” that doesn’t seem to really exist in practice. That said, I did actually see one recent case of an RFE for someone entering on a B visa then filing for (family based) AOS within a few weeks; but that is the only such report I’ve personally seen, and so far I don’t believe we have seen any problems with people who have already been resident on a non tourist visa in the US returning and filing DV AOS - @Sm1smom , have you seen any issues from such applicants?

It won’t adversely affect it but it’s very seldom that these two documents are processed before a DV-based green card, especially this late in the FY. I’m guessing your lawyer doesn’t have much DV experience? fyi this fiscal year to date, these two documents have had an average processing time of 7 months - and there are 4 months left in the FY. If you don’t understand why he filed them, see the discussion about them in the spreadsheet.
Thank you very much @SusieQQQ

This is the famed “90 day rule” that doesn’t seem to really exist in practice. That said, I did actually see one recent case of an RFE for someone entering on a B visa then filing for (family based) AOS within a few weeks; but that is the only such report I’ve personally seen, and so far I don’t believe we have seen any problems with people who have already been resident on a non tourist visa in the US returning and filing DV AOS - @Sm1smom , have you seen any issues from such applicants?
Right, never heard of or came across any such situation.

In my filing I-485 AOS, is it advisable to file I-824 (Follow-to-Join) concurrently? Should they all go in the same package or separately but at the same time? Or should I wait until after my interview is successful (completed) considering that we have a short period to September 30.

Hi. There was a vacant notice (management of the building put it in by accident) in my mailbox therefore I did not receive any mail for the past two weeks. All of my mail seems to be sent back to the sender. I completed my bio appointment on 5/18 and wonder whether there are ways to know if I have missed any communication from USCIS other than calling. Thank you so much.

In my filing I-485 AOS, is it advisable to file I-824 (Follow-to-Join) concurrently? Should they all go in the same package or separately but at the same time? Or should I wait until after my interview is successful (completed) considering that we have a short period to September 30.
What is your lawyer recommending? Some folks in the past included the I-824 in their AOS package, some filed it after completing the AOS process, some did not file the I-824 at all before their dependents got scheduled for their CP interview. Outcome varies, I currently do not have enough data to show which option is better.

Hi. There was a vacant notice (management of the building put it in by accident) in my mailbox therefore I did not receive any mail for the past two weeks. All of my mail seems to be sent back to the sender. I completed my bio appointment on 5/18 and wonder whether there are ways to know if I have missed any communication from USCIS other than calling. Thank you so much.
Initiate a chat with Emma if you do not wish to call. Meanwhile I suggest you sign up for USPS Informed Delivery - this gives you a heads up on your upcoming mail delivery.

What is your lawyer recommending? Some folks in the past included the I-824 in their AOS package, some filed it after completing the AOS process, some did not file the I-824 at all before their dependents got scheduled for their CP interview. Outcome varies, I currently do not have enough data to show which option is better.
Very useful information as always @Sm1smom Thank you