• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Interview experience, LA FO. We were scheduled for 8:15 AM, arrived 20 minutes earlier and there was a HUGE line outside already. Officers working the entrance screening station started redirecting people with appointment letters into separate line at about 8:10. We checked in and were sent to the separate waiting room, 15-20 minutes later officer showed up to guide us to his room. Interview took 20-30 minutes all together, nothing difficult or challenging (no gotcha! questions or situations). The reply was pretty alarming though, "I will review the case and order cards for you in a month or so, if you don't hear from us in 120 days, you can use USCIS website" and lots of remarks about caseload and how it takes time to review everything. So, I guess just more waiting :confused:
Hi Ivanze, thank you for your detailed description of the interview. Has your status changed online ?

Interview experience, LA FO. We were scheduled for 8:15 AM, arrived 20 minutes earlier and there was a HUGE line outside already. Officers working the entrance screening station started redirecting people with appointment letters into separate line at about 8:10. We checked in and were sent to the separate waiting room, 15-20 minutes later officer showed up to guide us to his room. Interview took 20-30 minutes all together, nothing difficult or challenging (no gotcha! questions or situations). The reply was pretty alarming though, "I will review the case and order cards for you in a month or so, if you don't hear from us in 120 days, you can use USCIS website" and lots of remarks about caseload and how it takes time to review everything. So, I guess just more waiting :confused:
Thanks so much for the update . Has your status changed ? Are you part of a family or is it just you asking for green card ?

Thanks so much for the update . Has your status changed ? Are you part of a family or is it just you asking for green card ?

Nothing has changed yet, still shows "Interview was scheduled". The other user who went through their AOS process in December posted that card was issued a week after the interview (you can check the AOS Timeline spreadsheet). So, fingers crossed.

And yes, there are two of us in the case - my wife won the lottery and I'm the derivative applicant.

Nothing has changed yet, still shows "Interview was scheduled". The other user who went through their AOS process in December posted that card was issued a week after the interview (you can check the AOS Timeline spreadsheet). So, fingers crossed.

And yes, there are two of us in the case - my wife won the lottery and I'm the derivative applicant.
I hope that your status changes soon and you receive your green card quickly. Kindly update the forum !

yes mostly that’s what the time line says about issue of green card. Reading your post got me worried too since my interview is also in the LA FO end of June. Request you to keep the forum posted. Good luck for everything.

How did you guys find out whether your cashier check has been cashed or not? I called my bank (Wells Fargo), they couldn’t see that on the system!

How did you guys find out whether your cashier check has been cashed or not? I called my bank (Wells Fargo), they couldn’t see that on the system!
Your bank can’t see if a check has been cashed? Well that’s a bit worrying for the bank management team.

I’d assume if they’re not seeing anything it’s because it hasn’t been yet, I find it hard to believe a bank would not know if and when a check was cashed.

Your bank can’t see if a check has been cashed? Well that’s a bit worrying for the bank management team.

I’d assume if they’re not seeing anything it’s because it hasn’t been yet, I find it hard to believe a bank would not know if and when a check was cashed.
I just found out (through a very complicated process) that it was cashed on 5/19 (4 days after it was received). Let’s hope that the receipt comes soon! Thank you

Hi folks,
I was wondering did you receive your bio schedule notice in letter form or was it an email/ or phone call first? It’s been about 17 days since I last heard anything from USCIS and I’m a little bit worried, because the timeline spreadsheet usually indicates a 12-14 days wait time. I asked Emma and it didn’t yield any result. Should I continue waiting? Are there any other method that I can choose to ask?

Today KCC sent me the "2NL" after informing them that I want to pursue AOS instead of CP on May 5th. So they responded with the 2NL about a month later.

Still haven't received DV receipt yet, probably need to wait another week.

Hi folks,
I was wondering did you receive your bio schedule notice in letter form or was it an email/ or phone call first? It’s been about 17 days since I last heard anything from USCIS and I’m a little bit worried, because the timeline spreadsheet usually indicates a 12-14 days wait time. I asked Emma and it didn’t yield any result. Should I continue waiting? Are there any other method that I can choose to ask?

You typically only get the letter in the mail, no email or phone call. 17 days doesn't sound that far out of the norm, so I wouldn't worry, but you can try to get a human agent via the Emma chat. I forget exactly how you do it, just try typing things like "live agent" etc. Do some searches here and you'll find hints on how to do it. Once you have a real human, they can check if there's an appointment scheduled, although even that is not 100% reliable. I would keep screenshots of any conversation so you have proof of what they told you, just in case you miss an appointment due to not receiving the letter.

Last edited:
if you do personal check, the transaction will show up in your account. for money orders (issued by USPS) there is a page where you can enter its # and see the status. Your bank should be able to see that, are you sure that they didn't mean "couldn't see yet"?

if you do personal check, the transaction will show up in your account. for money orders (issued by USPS) there is a page where you can enter its # and see the status. Your bank should be able to see that, are you sure that they didn't mean "couldn't see yet"?
It turned out that the 1st tier agent cannot track the status of the check! She transferred me to the Official Check Department operator, where I was asked to enter the amout, date of check issuance, account number (not my actual account number, rather, a different account number on the check receipt) and the serial number. After I entered all these info, the operator was able to locate the check and give me a status update. Again, this was through Wells Fargo bank.

Hi, everyone! Is that possible a couple would be scheduled interviews on a different day?
If only my wife received the interview notice, what should I do to help myself in the next step? Thank you, everyone.

My wife won the lottery and I'm the derivative applicant. We received my wife’s interview notice on 5/31 but I did not receive mine. Our fingerprints were taken in March, after that the case status shows “fingerprints were taken” until now. Before receiving interview notice, my wife picked a phone call up from USCIS on 4/29. The staff told my wife that she only saw my wife's payment but I didn't see mine. We told her we did pay the payment we also mentioned that we received our receipts already and did the biometric in March. The staff responded, "she will confirm it again, and if needed, she would give us a call next Tuesday.” However, we haven’t received any phone call from USCIS anymore. We made a phone call to confirm the phone number whether belongs to our local field office or not. The USCIS staff answered us the phone number belongs to our local office. Here is our timeline:

Paid payment with KCC(total $660 USD): 11/30/2021
Received back the same sheet of paper stamped with PAID: 12/13/2021
CN current Month: Feb. 2022
ASC: El Monte, CA
Field office: Los Angeles, CA
Lockbox delivery date: 02/01/2022
Acceptance text or E-mail received date: 02/09/2022
Payment cased date:02/09/2022
NOA Letter Received date:02/14/2022
Bio notice received date:02/28/2022
Bio scheduled date:03/16/2022
Interview notice date:05/31/2022(only my wife)
Interview scheduled date:06/22/2022(only my wife)

Hi, everyone! Is that possible a couple would be scheduled interviews on a different day?
If only my wife received the interview notice, what should I do to help myself in the next step? Thank you, everyone.

My wife won the lottery and I'm the derivative applicant. We received my wife’s interview notice on 5/31 but I did not receive mine. Our fingerprints were taken in March, after that the case status shows “fingerprints were taken” until now. Before receiving interview notice, my wife picked a phone call up from USCIS on 4/29. The staff told my wife that she only saw my wife's payment but I didn't see mine. We told her we did pay the payment we also mentioned that we received our receipts already and did the biometric in March. The staff responded, "she will confirm it again, and if needed, she would give us a call next Tuesday.” However, we haven’t received any phone call from USCIS anymore. We made a phone call to confirm the phone number whether belongs to our local field office or not. The USCIS staff answered us the phone number belongs to our local office. Here is our timeline:

Paid payment with KCC(total $660 USD): 11/30/2021
Received back the same sheet of paper stamped with PAID: 12/13/2021
CN current Month: Feb. 2022
ASC: El Monte, CA
Field office: Los Angeles, CA
Lockbox delivery date: 02/01/2022
Acceptance text or E-mail received date: 02/09/2022
Payment cased date:02/09/2022
NOA Letter Received date:02/14/2022
Bio notice received date:02/28/2022
Bio scheduled date:03/16/2022
Interview notice date:05/31/2022(only my wife)
Interview scheduled date:06/22/2022(only my wife)
Don't worry about not receiving an IL directed to you, they sometimes send out just one IL (without listing the names of the derivatives on it). Attend the interview together with your wife as scheduled. You should be fine.

I hope that your status changes soon and you receive your green card quickly. Kindly update the forum !

yes mostly that’s what the time line says about issue of green card. Reading your post got me worried too since my interview is also in the LA FO end of June. Request you to keep the forum posted. Good luck for everything.
Do you think green cards are ordered in batches at the LA FO?

Quick question.
Is it mandatory that we include our medical along with the AOS package or we can bring it later in interview ?

Quick question.
Is it mandatory that we include our medical along with the AOS package or we can bring it later in interview ?
Recommended, not mandatory. Take a look at the AOS FAQs section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet if you wish to know why it is recommended to do so.