• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom

I've reached out to senator this week and today, when I checked my status online, I found it say "Your case status is unavailable at this time. We are working to get you accurate information as soon as possible." Could this mean the FO is looking into it?

For Part 14. Additional Information, Is it a good idea to mention that I don't have IRS TAX transcripts?

For Part 14. Additional Information, Is it a good idea to mention that I don't have IRS TAX transcripts?
Part 14 is used for any additional information relevant to I-485 sections (like address history for cases like me who had several addresses, etc.). IRS transcripts have nothing to do with I-485 form

Hi @Sm1smom

I've reached out to senator this week and today, when I checked my status online, I found it say "Your case status is unavailable at this time. We are working to get you accurate information as soon as possible." Could this mean the FO is looking into it?
It could mean a thousand and one things, it could mean just what it says because the system is down.

Part 14 is used for any additional information relevant to I-485 sections (like address history for cases like me who had several addresses, etc.). IRS transcripts have nothing to do with I-485 form
Thank you. I'm almost finished filling the entire form. I also have several addresses.

Just curious, what did you put on item number for previous addresses? I put 7 since I wrote my second physical address on page 4 but I'm not sure.

1619103715705.png

1619103574833.png

Lol - as nerve wracking as this process seems, you’ve got to remind yourself to keep breathing ;) you will look back on this, years down the road and wonder why you were driving yourself crazy
But we won't forget you guys got us through it every step of the way, as silly as those steps were sometimes :)

Hi everyone! Search engine couldn’t generate answers to my question. I’m trying to contact KCC about CO change to AoS. Wrote in body this message: “Good afternoon! We would like to change our Consular Processing to the Adjustment of Status, as currently we are studying and living in the US (Chicago, IL) for more than year.”

should I write to subject only CN and name/surname?

Hi everyone! Search engine couldn’t generate answers to my question. I’m trying to contact KCC about CO change to AoS. Wrote in body this message: “Good afternoon! We would like to change our Consular Processing to the Adjustment of Status, as currently we are studying and living in the US (Chicago, IL) for more than year.”

When you email KCC, you need to include your case number, full name and DOB for them to locate your case, otherwise they will not know who you are. And name and CN on the subject line.

Hi @Sm1smom - so KCC emailed me telling they sent my file to USCIS. Question . my name is super long so in the DV entry in the first name field I had to put a portion of the name and in middle name section I had the other portion. However in my i485 I was able to enter all my name in the first name itself.
Now will this be a problem for USCIS to identify my file?

Now that my case is more than 1 month im thinking this is what is making the case to hold up or am i just overthinking?
And also when KCC says they forwarded the file is it online or how does that work?

Last edited:

KCC takes like 2 weeks to reply to your email , so i suggest you send everything in the email(Name/DOB/CN etc) so that they can locate your file ..if not after 2 weeks you will just get a reply from them telling they couldnt locate your file and to send in the required information.

Hello mom,
I must start by saying that your spreadsheet has helped me a lot in this process. I am a DV2021 winner currently in the United States and I already submitted my DS-260 in June 2020. However, I only received a ds260 submission confirmation since then.
My case number is now current and I want to know whether I can go a head and pay the DV administrative fee without receiving a 2NL or any form of instructions or feedback from KCC.
If my payment is accepted, can I go ahead and send the AOS package?
Thank you.

Hello mom,
I must start by saying that your spreadsheet has helped me a lot in this process. I am a DV2021 winner currently in the United States and I already submitted my DS-260 in June 2020. However, I only received a ds260 submission confirmation since then.
My case number is now current and I want to know whether I can go a head and pay the DV administrative fee without receiving a 2NL or any form of instructions or feedback from KCC.
Thank you.
You can go ahead and pay the administrative fee, you don’t need the 2NL to make the payment. You don’t even need the 2NL to send the package actually.

Hi @Sm1smom - so KCC emailed me telling they sent my file to USCIS. Question . my name is super long so in the DV entry in the first name field I had to put a portion of the name and in middle name section I had the other portion. However in my i485 I was able to enter all my name in the first name itself.
Now will this be a problem for USCIS to identify my file?

Now that my case is more than 1 month im thinking this is what is making the case to hold up or am i just overthinking?
And also when KCC says they forwarded the file is it online or how does that work?
1. I don't see why USCIS will have difficulty with reconciling the KCC file with your AOS application - isn't there a lastname/surname and CN associated with both files?
2. Yup! Overthinking.
3. Electronically sent.

KCC takes like 2 weeks to reply to your email , so i suggest you send everything in the email(Name/DOB/CN etc) so that they can locate your file ..if not after 2 weeks you will just get a reply from them telling they couldnt locate your file and to send in the required information.
Thanks!

Hello mom,
Thank you.
1. It is possible the 2NL already got sent and it went into your spam box. Still no problem though if you never receive it.
2. Yes of course, go ahead with the DV administrative fee payment, schedule and complete your medical exam, you don't need to wait for the 2NL to do all those.

p.s. go over the AOS process spreadsheet again, closely review the FAQ tab and regularly refer to it (that tab in particular gets updated on a regular basis, that tab is highly recommended, especially for those whose CNs recently became current).

I recommend you closely review you 1NL for guidance on how to email KCC - use your discretion in deciding on an applicable Subject line.