• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Does this mean KCC will not process our interviews in coming months (before 2021 January) like now they start processing Dv2020 interviews?
I honestly think DV21 selectees should wait and see what happens. There are many interpretations of the judgment. We won’t know if processing will happen or not until we see it happening.

DV2021 now gets "almost" the same answer as DV2020 "We will provide an update as soon as it is available.". The DoS does not say DV2021 is banned under the proclamation as they did before the judge's order. I think DV2021 winners should definitely bother DoS and KCC asking for scheduling interviews for those who became current.

Attachments

• dv2021.png
    dv2021.png
    373.5 KB · Views: 60
I think DV2021 winners should definitely bother DoS and KCC asking for scheduling interviews for those who became current.

Bad suggestion and a selfish one IMO.

Bad in the sense that the more people keep calling KCC, they more you guys distract and prevent them from focusing on getting what needs to be done taken care of.

Selfish considering DV 2020 folks have less than 4 weeks left till the end of their applicable FY for now, at least. DV2021 folks still have several months left! Nothing wrong with supporting one another, bearing in mind this ruling wouldn’t even have happened but for DV2020 folks dire situation. Their wouldn’t have been filed court cases in the first place if not because of them!

Bad in the sense that the more people keep calling KCC, they more you guys distract and prevent them from focusing on getting what needs to be done taken care of.

Selfish considering DV 2020 folks have less than 4 weeks left till the end of their applicable FY for now, at least. DV2021 folks still have several months left! Nothing wrong with supporting one another, bearing in mind this ruling wouldn’t even have happened but for DV2020 folks dire situation. Their wouldn’t have been filed court cases in the first place if not because of them!

I agree. Let’s wait until the end of the month so we don’t compromise DV2020 processing. However, as soon as the FY21 kicks in, we should definitely push them to start processing. The same arguments applied in the DV2020 court relief apply to DV2021. Every month that passes without DV2021 processing will cost visas to people with high numbers, specially because embassies across the world are very far from working at full capacity (many are not even opened). We can not afford losing 3 months worth of visas after Judge Mehta’s rule. If these lawyers don’t amend the complaint to include DV2021 winners, some other lawyer surely will. In my opinion, they should have made the case for all DV winners in the first place since all of them are subject to a time constraint.

I agree. Let’s wait until the end of the month so we don’t compromise DV2020 processing. However, as soon as the FY21 kicks in, we should definitely push them to start processing. The same arguments applied in the DV2020 court relief apply to DV2021. Every month that passes without DV2021 processing will cost visas to people with high numbers, specially because embassies across the world are very far from working at full capacity (many are not even opened). We can not afford losing 3 months worth of visas after Judge Mehta’s rule. If these lawyers don’t amend the complaint to include DV2021 winners, some other lawyer surely will. In my opinion, they should have made the case for all DV winners in the first place since all of them are subject to a time constraint.

I totally agree with you. Dv2020 had at-least their first few months interviews. But for 2021, the start itself is unpredictable. We should start speaking for dv2021 when its October 1st (officially its our fiscal year so no one can criticize us).

Glad to see DV-2020 winners can continue their interviews which means a chance for DV-2021 in November also
Let's see what will happen

Hi all, regarding the documents scanning to KCC

Include a certified translation of your document with your original (i.e. foreign language) document in a single file.

Here the marriages certificate is actually like a small booklet with around 8 pages, if i scanned the whole pages, then added the translation papers (A4 size), the file size and view will be huge.
Is it okay to send them all in 1 big pdf file in this case ?
Thank you in advance!

DV2020's applicants have been processing between Oct 2019 and the end of March 2020. Now, they got a mission-critical service so they will be interviewed. The same judge in April refused to provide relief for DV because there was still time till Sep 2020 (April's proclamation ). Now, if Trump wins and extends his proclamation 2021 will not be interviewed unless we go throw the court. Maybe, any court will refuse to provide DV2021 a relief early (probably before June or so). So, DV2021 will be potentially affected much more than 2020 (at least 2020 have been processed for about 6 months-Oct 1 till March 24). selective empathy!!!

DV2020's applicants have been processing between Oct 2019 and the end of March 2020. Now, they got a mission-critical service so they will be interviewed. The same judge in April refused to provide relief for DV because there was still time till Sep 2020 (April's proclamation ). Now, if Trump wins and extends his proclamation 2021 will not be interviewed unless we go throw the court. Maybe, any court will refuse to provide DV2021 a relief early (probably before June or so). So, DV2021 will be potentially affected much more than 2020 (at least 2020 have been processed for about 6 months-Oct 1 till March 24). selective empathy!!!

Selective empathy???? Very funny, except I’m not laughing.

How about trying to take advantage and reap from other people’s efforts, thereby derailing the process for those who actually cried out and brought the issue to the world’s attention which eventually led to this judgment in the first place! So hard to not be self-centered for a while?

If, if, maybe, potentially vs what is actually happening now! Come on!

No I don't think that would happen

I have a question :
My CN is AS17××× haven't recieved any emails.
I see people with numbers around AS24××× recieving document confirmation email.
Is it a random process from KCC or is it done according to case numbers?

DV2021 should help themselves rapidly.. Do not forget that Trump's administration will appeal the decision and they can win as happened many times before. Just a matter of time, a few months, so DV2021 literally could be the worst DV FY ever.

DV2021 should help themselves rapidly.. Do not forget that Trump's administration will appeal the decision and they can win as happened many times before. Just a matter of time, a few months, so DV2021 literally could be the worst DV FY ever.
I’m going to preface this response by saying I’m a DV21 selectee. (So my response doesn’t make me appear insensitive to other DV21 selectees).

1. The FY hasn’t even ended for DV20. We literally haven’t lost ANY time yet.
2. The elections have not taken place yet. As it stands, we would have at least 9 months to process our cases.
3. In the event of the above (reduced FY for DV21) KCC would probably be better equipped to handle as many cases as possible. All this because they might have come to anticipate the time constraints (which DV20 did not expect because everything was going fine until the pandemic).

Selective empathy???? Very funny, except I’m not laughing.

How about trying to take advantage and reap from other people’s efforts, thereby derailing the process for those who actually cried out and brought the issue to the world’s attention which eventually led to this judgment in the first place! So hard to not be self-centered for a while?
DV2020 were not self-centered and they were fighting Trump to provide relief to the entire world and not for their own benefits.. they are superheroes

DV2020 were not self-centered and they were fighting Trump to provide relief to the entire world and not for their own benefits.. they are superheroes

The DV2020 folks who spoke up were fighting for their cases, they were not fighting Trump or seeking relief for the entire world. They were seeking relieve as DV2020 selectees - if they were fighting Trump on behalf of the entire world, additional immigration issues which Trump has impacted would have been covered. So no, their cause was not for the entire world.

And if you recognize the DV2020 folks as heroes, then give them their due recognition. Don’t try to derail their process considering they only have days left to the end of their FY by advocating for DV2021 folks to distract the KCC from processing DV2020 folks.

The DV2020 folks who spoke up were fighting for their cases, they were not fighting Trump or seeking relief for the entire world. They were seeking relieve as DV2020 selectees - if they were fighting Trump on behalf of the entire world, additional immigration issues which Trump has impacted would have been covered. So no, their cause was not for the entire world.

And if you recognize the DV2020 folks as heroes, then give them their due recognition. Don’t try to derail their process considering they only have days left to the end of their FY by advocating for DV2021 folks to distract the KCC from processing DV2020 folks.

It was also part of a wider lawsuit.

I couldn’t figure out if the superhero comment was serious or sarcastic, regardless, there is only one way to treat people who come here to use other people’s input and then act so selfishly!

It was also part of a wider lawsuit.

I couldn’t figure out if the superhero comment was serious or sarcastic, regardless, there is only one way to treat people who come here to use other people’s input and then act so selfishly!
let me guess, this way must be "suppression and exclusion"