• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I’m DV2021 and got KCC confirmation about “Documents Received” couple of months ago. Today my wife and daughter got their passports renewed that were going to expire on Feb 2021. Should I ask KCC to unlock DS260 or should we just leave it as it’s like now and in case we got and interview just bring both passports?

My passport was ok and valid until 2022, just derivatives (my daughter and wife) got theirs renewed.

I’m DV2021 and got KCC confirmation about “Documents Received” couple of months ago. Today my wife and daughter got their passports renewed that were going to expire on Feb 2021. Should I ask KCC to unlock DS260 or should we just leave it as it’s like now and in case we got and interview just bring both passports?

My passport was ok and valid until 2022, just derivatives (my daughter and wife) got theirs renewed.
No one knows when interviews start, so you might have long time for that, as i see it you should unlock the DS260 and update the recored.

Question about validity of Form I-134.

My sponsor is ready to provide me with the I-134 document. If I am to attend the interview around June 2021, will this I-134 and the supporting bank and tax return documents (of previous year) become expired and lose their credibilities? Taking into account of US tax year cycle, when should I ask my sponsor to provide the I-134 and relevant support documents to show the most current status?

Hello
What CN do you have?
I submited the DS 260 but I didn't recieve the email from KKC to send the documents by email.

Question about validity of Form I-134.

My sponsor is ready to provide me with the I-134 document. If I am to attend the interview around June 2021, will this I-134 and the supporting bank and tax return documents (of previous year) become expired and lose their credibilities? Taking into account of US tax year cycle, when should I ask my sponsor to provide the I-134 and relevant support documents to show the most current status?
No need to rush in getting the I-134 filled in right now, once your CN becomes current then get them to complete the form with whatever documents are relevant at the time

Dea
1. You’re not supposed to fill out the form based on what you think should be the “appropriate answer”. Fill it as correctly and as applicable to you.

2. I don’t know of any case where updating the form by listing the correct information has led to a denial.
dear mom. How are you doing?
I am here in need of ur advice as always.
i added all my previous adresses And submitted my form. But there is one problem. on my husbands ds 260, we filled " no previous adress" too. This contradicts with what i have updated. In addition, my 3 and 8 year old children's previous adresses are not listed too.my question is, please advice me,
1,shall i request unlock for all three forms?or shall i correct only my husband's? And explain the info concerning my kids to co?please advice me what to do.thank you in advance!

Dea

dear mom. How are you doing?
I am here in need of ur advice as always.
i added all my previous adresses And submitted my form. But there is one problem. on my husbands ds 260, we filled " no previous adress" too. This contradicts with what i have updated. In addition, my 3 and 8 year old children's previous adresses are not listed too.my question is, please advice me,
1,shall i request unlock for all three forms?or shall i correct only my husband's? And explain the info concerning my kids to co?please advice me what to do.thank you in advance!

Oh come on! You should be able to figure this out on your own. If you realize the importance of the need to update your own information on your DS260, why do you think it will be ok to leave the information as is on your kids’ forms and explain to the CO? Because they’re kids, you think their forms not being as accurate as yours can simply be explained away? Like I said, you should be able to figure this one out on your own.

Hello everyone, I have a question.

My first name is written incorrectly on a foreign Criminal Record Certificate (Only in English, but correctly in native language and correct in all other documents). Should I contact the foreign embassy to correct the name, or is it not that important?

Quick question (perhaps this may not be the right message board): once I move to US and obtain my GC, can I keep my job at my home base (work is done remotely). I understand that the "world income" needs to be reported to IRS. Is the GC status remains as long as I live in USA, but remotely work for an employer who is offshore?

Quick question (perhaps this may not be the right message board): once I move to US and obtain my GC, can I keep my job at my home base (work is done remotely). I understand that the "world income" needs to be reported to IRS. Is the GC status remains as long as I live in USA, but remotely work for an employer who is offshore?
Yes, your physical presence in the US is what matters for maintaining residence.
Depending how the contract is set up (if the employer does not have a US presence/deduct payroll taxes) you will have to pay self employment tax (this is medicare/social security tax and in addition to actual income tax) and you will likely end up paying more tax overall than if you earned the same amount working for a local employer, so that is something to bear in mind.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/self-employed-individuals-tax-center
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...oyment-tax-social-security-and-medicare-taxes

Do we expect change from Sep version which include DV2021 cut off for October ?
No, definitely not. There will be additional information on the cut-offs for October (that's what we are looking forward to see) but the cut-offs for September were already announced and will stay the same.

Hi everybody,

I'm on the way to fill my DS-260 application. My question is related to the permanent address in the US where I intend to live. As I don't have an address at the moment, may I fill this field later or could I have it filled now ?.
Also, the address where the permanent resident card (green card) will be sent. Could it be sent abroad (other than US) ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I'm on the way to fill my DS-260 application. My question is related to the permanent address in the US where I intend to live. As I don't have an address at the moment, may I fill this field later or could I have it filled now ?.
Also, the address where the permanent resident card (green card) will be sent. Could it be sent abroad (other than US) ?
Thanks.
No. The address used has to be a US address.

You could lay off submitting your DS-260, until you have an address. Alternatively, you could use a friend or family member’s address.

Failing the above, you could use any US address tentatively in the submission. But change it either at the interview or when you’re clearing immigration.

o_O by
No. The address used has to be a US address.

You could lay off submitting your DS-260, until you have an address. Alternatively, you could use a friend or family member’s address.

Failing the above, you could use any US address tentatively in the submission. But change it either at the interview or when you’re clearing immigration.
I entered an address where mail is being routed/kept for you (like a cross border pickup service). It is my understanding that I can always change the address when it comes closer to the date of arrival.