• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

o_O by

I entered an address where mail is being routed/kept for you (like a cross border pickup service). It is my understanding that I can always change the address when it comes closer to the date of arrival.
I know of older cases where people could use a mail forwarding service of some sort. That worked then with no issues. Not sure if it’s still viable.

Yes, you can change your address on arrival (when going through immigration).

Hi everybody,

I'm on the way to fill my DS-260 application. My question is related to the permanent address in the US where I intend to live. As I don't have an address at the moment, may I fill this field later or could I have it filled now ?.
Also, the address where the permanent resident card (green card) will be sent. Could it be sent abroad (other than US) ?
Thanks.

Must be a US address for the GC. Some people also just put example a hotel address in the meantime. Any valid physical address is fine. You can update the address for GC at your interview and/or at the port of entry when you enter.

Just an FYI for people who don’t have someone to receive their mail after their activation trip.

You can ask USPS to hold your mail, at your local post office, for up to 30 days: https://www.usps.com/manage/hold-mail.htm

When you’re ready to receive your package, you could either request to pick it up at the post office, or have it delivered/rerouted to an address of your choosing.

Just an FYI for people who don’t have someone to receive their mail after their activation trip.

You can ask USPS to hold your mail, at your local post office, for up to 30 days: https://www.usps.com/manage/hold-mail.htm

When you’re ready to receive your package, you could either request to pick it up at the post office, or have it delivered/rerouted to an address of your choosing.

Additional information on how the USPS mail hold request works:
  • You have to be recognized as a resident of the address you're initiating a mail hold request for.
  • The mail hold will apply to ALL mail going to the specified address (including those addressed to other residents of the specified address) - the mail hold will not apply to mail addressed to only you.
  • USPS does not automatically forward the GC, that will most likely get sent back to USCIS if not picked up in person or delivered to the specified address (on the envelope) at the end of a mail hold request.

In a statement, KCC director Miles implies that DV2021 cases were planned to be scheduled.

"7. In a normal program year, appointments are scheduled in consultation with posts around
the world about two months before the expected interview dates. Scheduling for a
program year first starts in August for appointments in October. This is done monthly as
new rank order cut offs are announced in the Visa Bulletin. Document review and
scheduling is all but completed by the end of August for the first diversity visa applicants
for the new Diversity Visa Program year.

8. For 2020 Diversity Visa Program, the above means that resuming processing and
scheduling of diversity visa cases in early September already put the KCC and the
Department well past the normal deadline for completing this work. It also directly
competed for resources with the work KCC was doing on the Diversity Visa Programs
for 2021, and 2022.
The Diversity Visa Unit at the KCC has been working full time since ·
. September 4 to complete and schedule as many cases as possible in accordance with the
prioritization plan in the PI Order."

"The entry period starts on an announced date at the beginning of October and lasts no less
than 30 days. KCC is currently processing Diversity Visa Program 2021 entries for
scheduling, and preparing for the Diversity Visa 2022 entry period."
KCC Director Miles

"The entry period starts on an announced date at the beginning of October and lasts no less
than 30 days. KCC is currently processing Diversity Visa Program 2021 entries for
scheduling, and preparing for the Diversity Visa 2022 entry period."
KCC Director Miles

We know the dates. Oct 1 to Nov 3.

Must be a US address for the GC. Some people also just put example a hotel address in the meantime. Any valid physical address is fine. You can update the address for GC at your interview and/or at the port of entry when you enter.
OK SusieQQQ.
So can I put any hotel address located around the DFW airport for example without informing them ?

Oh come on! You should be able to figure this out on your own. If you realize the importance of the need to update your own information on your DS260, why do you think it will be ok to leave the information as is on your kids’ forms and explain to the CO? Because they’re kids, you think their forms not being as accurate as yours can simply be explained away? Like I said, you should be able to figure this one out on your own.

Dear mom, my children n husband's ds is reopened.i corrected my husband's . But i kept having red arrow on passport number section( i filled my passport number) at sign and submit page of my husband( who is my derivative).just to be sure... is it their passport number i need to fill on derivatives ds260 or mine. Pls clarify?

Dear mom, my children n husband's ds is reopened.i corrected my husband's . But i kept having red arrow on passport number section( i filled my passport number) at sign and submit page of my husband( who is my derivative).just to be sure... is it their passport number i need to fill on derivatives ds260 or mine. Pls clarify?
Each ds260 has the own passport number (and all other details) of the person concerned.

Each ds260 has the own passport number (and all other details) of the person concerned.[/QUO

Thank you dear. i just found out that i should not have requested unlock for one of my child. There is nothing to be updated on his ds 260. But i submitted as it is and got new confirmation. Can this cause a problem? Can requesting unlock n submitting with out correction put me in danger?

In a statement, KCC director Miles implies that DV2021 cases were planned to be scheduled.

"7. In a normal program year, appointments are scheduled in consultation with posts around
the world about two months before the expected interview dates. Scheduling for a
program year first starts in August for appointments in October. This is done monthly as
new rank order cut offs are announced in the Visa Bulletin. Document review and
scheduling is all but completed by the end of August for the first diversity visa applicants
for the new Diversity Visa Program year.

8. For 2020 Diversity Visa Program, the above means that resuming processing and
scheduling of diversity visa cases in early September already put the KCC and the
Department well past the normal deadline for completing this work. It also directly
competed for resources with the work KCC was doing on the Diversity Visa Programs
for 2021, and 2022.
The Diversity Visa Unit at the KCC has been working full time since ·
. September 4 to complete and schedule as many cases as possible in accordance with the
prioritization plan in the PI Order."
can u pls share d link for the statement?

If you are adjusting status, yes. If you are going through consular processing, the ban is still in place that we know of.

We don't know yet they might start scheduling cases of October and November in October same like DV2020 cases scheduled and interviewed in September , World after Covid 19 is totally different expect the non expected

I am DV 2021 winner C.N EU 90XX . Should I apply again this year ? And is there any 2021 lawsuit which I can join as plaintiff ?