• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom and everyone,
I received my green card yesterday finally!!
I'm very sorry, I've been very busy these past weeks but I made a request to update the spreadsheet.
Here is my timeline,
  • July 9th 2018: Got AOS fees receipt cashed
  • March 1st: Posted my AOS package off to the Chicago Lockbox..
  • March 4th: AOS package had been accepted and had my I-485 and Biometrics check cashed
  • March 13th: I received NOA by mail
  • March 19th: Received my Biometrics scheduling letter/date in the mail..
  • May 4th Had my Biometrics appointment..
  • Aug 2nd: Received my interview letter/date in the mail.
  • Aug 21st Attending my Green Card interview, 40-50 min long. The officer was very nice and professional. I was asked for a lot of documents (All Transcripts from here and back in my country to check my GPA, diplomas, enrollment letter, birth certificate, 8 months bank statements, proofs of income, new medical form, g325a, AOS fees receipts, and couple of other documents then we went through the whole I-485 form).
  • Sept 3rd: Received my Green Card in the mail.
I'd like, once again, to thank you Mom, Susie and BritSimon. Thank you all for your time and your help. For everyone that are going through the same process, please READ and GO OVER the spreadsheet, it is VERY WELL put together. It is very simple and very well explained. I'll be forever grateful to you Mom. And if there is anything I can do to give back one day, I will. I wish good luck to everyone going through the same process as I know the struggle.
Thank you Mom from the bottom of my heart, May God bless you for all the work you do. I've never met you but you probably are one of the most patient, generous and selfless person I know. You'll probably gonna get a special place in heaven;)
May God bless you all and Thank you once again,

Congratulations. I’m quite happy for you :). Good luck with med school

Thank you for your August 19, 2019, letter on behalf of your constituent, ...., regarding her pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that Mrs. .... case is pending at this time. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security and compliance with all relevant directives. While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays.
USCIS is unable to render a decision on Mrs. ... application until certain issues are resolved. USCIS is striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for the application will be completed. Please free to make another inquiry after 90 days.

Still no updates ... Went to congresswoman :(((((
I'm frustrated

Hi Mom,
I'm after some advise about my "follow to join" daughter. We received our cards and approval notice but my daughter hadn't heard anything from the consulate. As a result I rang USCIS and explained my situation and they said they don't deal with that. Frustrated I rang KCC and the lady was wonderful, she told me I had to contact USCIS and they would send KCC a copy of the approval letter so they could send the information to the consulate. I told her that after an hour on the phone USCIS said they don't deal with that. I could hear her eyes roll as I told that! She ask me to hold the line and then asked me to email copies of letter and green card with attention to her. This morning I received a reply email from KCC saying that my case has been forwarded to USCIS and any further inquires regarding the case should be directed at them.
I just rang USCIS again and they gave me the same dead end response. "We don't deal with that".

With 3 weeks to go I don't know what else to do. My plan is to email and call the consulate during business hours. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks for replying. We had the same feeling that he already knew the decision on our case. Well, maybe you guys will be luckier than us. Please let me know when you hear any updates on ur case.
Sure, I will let you know!

Reactions: Elz
AFAIK, there’s no way to call the FO - or you already have a direct number for your FO?
No, there is a phone number in their website, I wanted to try that one.
Mom do you think if I contact our congressman, can he/she help us to change our field office mind about their decision for pending asylum? Or the only thing that they can do, is to accelerate the process?
Plus, I don't know what should I do about our case that is still at KCC. Should I leave it and wait for their decision, or call USCIS.
Thanks

Hi Mom,
I'm after some advise about my "follow to join" daughter. We received our cards and approval notice but my daughter hadn't heard anything from the consulate. As a result I rang USCIS and explained my situation and they said they don't deal with that. Frustrated I rang KCC and the lady was wonderful, she told me I had to contact USCIS and they would send KCC a copy of the approval letter so they could send the information to the consulate. I told her that after an hour on the phone USCIS said they don't deal with that. I could hear her eyes roll as I told that! She ask me to hold the line and then asked me to email copies of letter and green card with attention to her. This morning I received a reply email from KCC saying that my case has been forwarded to USCIS and any further inquires regarding the case should be directed at them.
I just rang USCIS again and they gave me the same dead end response. "We don't deal with that".

With 3 weeks to go I don't know what else to do. My plan is to email and call the consulate during business hours. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Calling USCIS 1800 is a waste of time - the frontline reps do not understand the FTJ process so they will continue to give you the same “we don’t deal with that response”.

Did you inform your IO at the end of your interview that your daughter will be processing FTJ? Did you try submitting an I-824 to your IO at the end of your interview? This has to be handled directly by your FO, they forward your case file (after approval) to the applicable embassy - try doing a walk-in INFOPASS in order to sort this out in person.

Calling USCIS 1800 is a waste of time - the frontline reps do not understand the FTJ process so they will continue to give you the same “we don’t deal with that response”.

Did you inform your IO at the end of your interview that your daughter will be processing FTJ? Did you try submitting an I-824 to your IO at the end of your interview? This has to be handled directly by your FO, they forward your case file (after approval) to the applicable embassy - try doing a walk-in INFOPASS in order to sort this out in person.

Thanks mom, no I didn't give IO I-824 - We did however talk in length about her and she assured me that USCIS would send the appropriate files to Sydney. I will try and do a walk-in INFOPASS with form first thing in the morning.

No, there is a phone number in their website, I wanted to try that one.
Mom do you think if I contact our congressman, can he/she help us to change our field office mind about their decision for pending asylum? Or the only thing that they can do, is to accelerate the process?
Plus, I don't know what should I do about our case that is still at KCC. Should I leave it and wait for their decision, or call USCIS.
Thanks

Your Congress person cannot influence or change USCIS’s decision. They also technically speaking do not accelerate the process - they just follow up and obtain updates you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to obtain yourself.

Again calling USCIS regarding your KCC file is a waste of time since you don’t have direct access to your FO. The 1800 number can’t help with this.

The USCIS 1-800 number is derisively referred to as the Misinformation line, and for good reason. Reps answering phones are rumored to be barely-trained contractors working at or near minimum wage. They're known to say what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

Okay, so that’s a good sign. Your FO already requested your KCC file. You can follow up on the case from next week if there’s no update by then.

Thank you.
I got this reply last week so I will wait this week and what can I do to follow up from next week??

Hello Mom,
Sorry I am still learning stuff in this forum. Please where can I find the spreadsheet I need to update please I am still learning how to navigate through this forum. I am sorry for that.

Also wanted to let all know that I received my green card today finally!!

You can call the USCIS 1800 number and ask them to initiate an expedite request to your FO. You’ll need to explain you’re currently in a race against time as your petition cannot be approved after Sept. 30th. They may of course tell you that’s not true that all that needs to happen is for you to have filed before Sept 30th (because phone reps can not differentiate between DV based AOS and other AOS petitions - they don’t know the process involved).

You can also reach out to your Congress person and request they follow up with your FO on your behalf.
Hello Mom,

1. I called the USCIS 1800 number twice and tried 2 different representatives but they wouldn't believe me about the 9/30 deadline and said there was nothing they could do.

2. I contacted the congressman's office, and they received the following email from USCIS:

Thank you for your letter on behalf of your constituent, Mrs. (My Wife) and Mr. (Me) , regarding the status of the Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status that she filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We apologize for the delay in responding to your letter. Your correspondence is important to us, and we are working to respond to your inquiry as promptly as possible.

In Mrs. (My Wife) and Mrs. (Me)’s case, additional research time is required in order to provide you with complete and accurate information. We anticipate providing a response to you within the next 30 days.

We appreciate your patience and if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Respectfully,

Congressional Liaison Officer

Knowing the 9/30 deadline, the congressman's office also followed up with my FO (they're still waiting for a response from FO). Is there anything else you can recommend?