• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

Me and my wife had an interview last Friday. Since the USCIS lost some of our fingerprints, we had to get our fingerprints taken again on the very same day. Our IO told us that everything is in order and missing fingerprints are uploaded. Today around 2AM, they changed our status to "New card is being produced". In the morning, when I check my status- they changed my status to "Fingerprint review was completed". By the way, I cannot no longer check my online status using USCIS website.

1- Do you think that I can rely on the first status of "New card is being produced"?
2- Do you think that the USCIS needs further time to check things again?

Thank you very much for all the support,

Kind regards

I don’t know if there’s a system glitch or not, or if what your saw is authentic. Give it a couple of days.

Yes KCC said

Your case has been forwarded to USCIS. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them

Okay, so that’s a good sign. Your FO already requested your KCC file. You can follow up on the case from next week if there’s no update by then.

Hi Mom,

I did my interview in Detroit FO on 8/28.
The officer kept my spouse and son outside and said she wanted to interview me only. The interview was very stressful, took about 2.5 hours and almost went through every single question in the application. At the end of the interview she said she is aware of the DV timelines but she needs to do further review on my case. I asked about my wife’s interview, she said they’ll inform me by mail after the review is complete– and she mentioned that they might waive my wife’s interview if my case review with the supervisor went fine.

In the end, I was very stressed to a point where I forgot to ask her if my file is missing anything or if my background check was completed, although the officer was very polite, professional, but I was literally drained out, however,I could tell from the interview questions that my background check was completed.

I know it’s been less than a week now, but giving that we are approaching the end of 2019 DV, when do you think I should consider contacting the congressman if I didn’t receive anything from them? Do you think it would be too late if I wait until 9/12

Do you have a sample letter to be sent to a congressman, or could you please share what kind of verbiage I should include when I contact the congressman?

Thanks

Hi Mom,

The officer kept my spouse and son outside and said she wanted to interview me only. The interview was very stressful, took about 2.5 hours and almost went through every single question in the application. At the end of the interview she said she is aware of the DV timelines but she needs to do further review on my case. I asked about my wife’s interview, she said they’ll inform me by mail after the review is complete– and she mentioned that they might waive my wife’s interview if my case review with the supervisor went fine.

In the end, I was very stressed to a point where I forgot to ask her if my file is missing anything or if my background check was completed, although the officer was very polite, professional, but I was literally drained out, however,I could tell from the interview questions that my background check was completed.

I know it’s been less than a week now, but giving that we are approaching the end of 2019 DV, when do you think I should consider contacting the congressman if I didn’t receive anything from them? Do you think it would be too late if I wait until 9/12

Do you have a sample letter to be sent to a congressman, or could you please share what kind of verbiage I should include when I contact the congressman?

Thanks
I want to mention that my status didn't change at all on both egov and myuscis. they both show Fingerprint review has completed (same as before interview)
Thanks

Hi Mom,

Thanks

It is not unusual for a DV based AOS interview for an asylum pending petitions to be be quite intensive and grueling, especially with the current administration’s stance on immigration.

Waiting until 9/12 to initiate a follow up action is not too late. There’s no certain verbiage or template involved with requesting congressional follow up assistance. Just contact your congressman person’s office and explain what you need - their website should have information regarding how to contact them.

It is not unusual for a DV based AOS interview for an asylum pending petitions to be be quite intensive and grueling, especially with the current administration’s stance on immigration.

Waiting until 9/12 to initiate a follow up action is not too late. There’s no certain verbiage or template involved with requesting congressional follow up assistance. Just contact your congressman person’s office and explain what you need - their website should have information regarding how to contact them.

Thank you very much, Mom!

Hi D3Zi,
Yeah it is very sad, and I have also heard about other offices approving people with pending asylum, i wish dc office would do too. How was your interview?
The interview was so easy and he went over the questions in our file and yes/no questions. We had some corrections that he let us fix it there. I felt the interview was formality and he just wanted so quick finish his job. At the end, when we talked to him about other cases like us accepted in other states, he said I'm not the one decide about these cases our supervisor will do. Now we are waiting for their decision.

Okay, so that’s a good sign. Your FO already requested your KCC file. You can follow up on the case from next week if there’s no update by then.
Mom I called KCC but they said our case is still in KCC and it hasn't requested from our field office. Is it a bad sign? The KCC person told me call your field office and let them know that your file is still with us. What do you recommend? The FO only request the files that they are intended to approve? I mean if they want to reject the case, do they request the files from KCC?

Mom I called KCC but they said our case is still in KCC and it hasn't requested from our field office. Is it a bad sign? The KCC person told me call your field office and let them know that your file is still with us. What do you recommend? The FO only request the files that they are intended to approve? I mean if they want to reject the case, do they request the files from KCC?

The FO is supposed to request the KCC file. I don’t know if your IO isn’t bothering to request the KCC file because the decision has already been made to deny your DV based AOS petition or not - I can’t hazard a guess. Your FO unfortunately is notorious for denying DV based AOS petitions from asylum pending petitioners (who no longer has a ‘valid’ status as at the time of AOS filing).

I’m sorry I don’t know what else you can do outside of waiting. You can still reach out to your Congress person though from mid September if you wish for them to do a cade follow up if no decision has been issued by then.

The FO is supposed to request the KCC file. I don’t know if your IO isn’t bothering to request the KCC file because the decision has already been made to deny your DV based AOS petition or not - I can’t hazard a guess. Your FO unfortunately is notorious for denying DV based AOS petitions from asylum pending petitioners (who no longer has a ‘valid’ status as at the time of AOS filing).

I’m sorry I don’t know what else you can do outside of waiting. You can still reach out to your Congress person though from mid September if you wish for them to do a cade follow up if no decision has been issued by then.

Thanks mom. I think this is the case that they did't even bother themselves to request the file because they know what is the decision. I may call the FO (to feel that I did something) to see what is their answer about why they haven't requested our file.

Hello all especially Mom and BritSimon thank you for this amazing forum. I am a DV 2019 and discovered BritSimon forum I started going through it and discovered where he suggested to use Mom's forum for AOS. I quickly went online and discovered it. It has been very helpful for me even though it was stressful journey. Last week after discovering that I could contact my congressman through Mom's forum I went ahead contacted him and the same day my case I-485 was approved last Wednesday after I sent everything to the Congressman. Yesterday I received the approval notice and today I received an email stating card has been mailed. May God bless you SimonBrit, Mom and the whole team that share their experiences to help others. I am indeed very grateful for this forum even though I had a lawyer I found more help here my lawyer does not even know that I involved congressman when it was taking so long to hear about my case.I was an F1 since year 2010 and today I am very grateful for this accomplishment.!!! God bless you real good! Anyone who have question of what they asked me for interview I can help with that.

I forgot to mention that my interview was in Houston it went very well the officer was very friendly and kind. Only asked me very few yes and no questions from the form i-485 he went through all my I-20s he needed to make sure that I was in status at all time.

I forgot to mention that my interview was in Houston it went very well the officer was very friendly and kind. Only asked me very few yes and no questions from the form i-485 he went through all my I-20s he needed to make sure that I was in status at all time.
Congrats kely! I’m a winner for DV2020, I was wondering how many months did it take you to finish the AOS process and what was your CN number? Thank you for sharing and also thank you for this great platform of useful information!

The interview was so easy and he went over the questions in our file and yes/no questions. We had some corrections that he let us fix it there. I felt the interview was formality and he just wanted so quick finish his job. At the end, when we talked to him about other cases like us accepted in other states, he said I'm not the one decide about these cases our supervisor will do. Now we are waiting for their decision.
Thanks for replying. We had the same feeling that he already knew the decision on our case. Well, maybe you guys will be luckier than us. Please let me know when you hear any updates on ur case.

Thanks mom. I think this is the case that they did't even bother themselves to request the file because they know what is the decision. I may call the FO (to feel that I did something) to see what is their answer about why they haven't requested our file.

AFAIK, there’s no way to call the FO - or you already have a direct number for your FO?

Hello all especially Mom and BritSimon thank you for this amazing forum. I am a DV 2019 and discovered BritSimon forum I started going through it and discovered where he suggested to use Mom's forum for AOS. I quickly went online and discovered it. It has been very helpful for me even though it was stressful journey. Last week after discovering that I could contact my congressman through Mom's forum I went ahead contacted him and the same day my case I-485 was approved last Wednesday after I sent everything to the Congressman. Yesterday I received the approval notice and today I received an email stating card has been mailed. May God bless you SimonBrit, Mom and the whole team that share their experiences to help others. I am indeed very grateful for this forum even though I had a lawyer I found more help here my lawyer does not even know that I involved congressman when it was taking so long to hear about my case.I was an F1 since year 2010 and today I am very grateful for this accomplishment.!!! God bless you real good! Anyone who have question of what they asked me for interview I can help with that.

Congratulations and thanks for the feedback. Do update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Hi Mom and everyone,
I received my green card yesterday finally!!
I'm very sorry, I've been very busy these past weeks but I made a request to update the spreadsheet.
Here is my timeline,
  • July 9th 2018: Got AOS fees receipt cashed
  • March 1st: Posted my AOS package off to the Chicago Lockbox..
  • March 4th: AOS package had been accepted and had my I-485 and Biometrics check cashed
  • March 13th: I received NOA by mail
  • March 19th: Received my Biometrics scheduling letter/date in the mail..
  • May 4th Had my Biometrics appointment..
  • Aug 2nd: Received my interview letter/date in the mail.
  • Aug 21st Attending my Green Card interview, 40-50 min long. The officer was very nice and professional. I was asked for a lot of documents (All Transcripts from here and back in my country to check my GPA, diplomas, enrollment letter, birth certificate, 8 months bank statements, proofs of income, new medical form, g325a, AOS fees receipts, and couple of other documents then we went through the whole I-485 form).
  • Sept 3rd: Received my Green Card in the mail.
I'd like, once again, to thank you Mom, Susie and BritSimon. Thank you all for your time and your help. For everyone that are going through the same process, please READ and GO OVER the spreadsheet, it is VERY WELL put together. It is very simple and very well explained. I'll be forever grateful to you Mom. And if there is anything I can do to give back one day, I will. I wish good luck to everyone going through the same process as I know the struggle.
Thank you Mom from the bottom of my heart, May God bless you for all the work you do. I've never met you but you probably are one of the most patient, generous and selfless person I know. You'll probably gonna get a special place in heaven;)
May God bless you all and Thank you once again,

Okay. Option 1 sounds reasonable. Present the lease and request to update your address when you go for your IO.

Option 2 could introduce a massive disruption - I personally wouldn’t go through that route.

I had my interview and it was alright, the officer just went through the yes / no questions and at the end she said she still need to do clarify some things., also told me to give it 7-10 days and I should hear something by then. for the address, i gave the new address and she updated the systemas well. Hopefully everything will be alright. I will update the as I go.
thanks a lot mom and the community!!

Congrats kely! I’m a winner for DV2020, I was wondering how many months did it take you to finish the AOS process and what was your CN number? Thank you for sharing and also thank you for this great platform of useful information!

Hey thanks. My CN was at AF00032xxx and it became current in June 2019.

I submitted my case June 3rd
June the 10th I received receipt
June 20th received Biometrics
July 3rd I had my finger print taken. July 21st I received interview letter
August 1st I had the actual interview it went well the OF told me that everything was okay but he needed to review my case and he would let me know about the decision.
I started getting worried when I did not hear from the OF I called my congress woman on August the 28 and sent my information to them they contacted USCIS and the same day my case was approved. A week after I received approval notice one day after which is today I received an email stating card processing just one hour ago I received another email stating "Post Office picked up mail containing your new card." My number was a bit high I am glad it was current in June.
I hope this helps clarify
Regards,