DV 2019 AOS Only

Yes, I meet the critrieria for 2018 but still I do have problems with 2017. I have filed my tax but IRS had sent me letter to verify my Identity for the tax return but unfortunately I did not get the letter. I contacted IRS yesterday about my issue, they (IRS) told me that they are sending the letter again. Now I am pretty sure that I made mistake while filing the tax return for 2017, so for that IRS had sent me letter. What I have to do now?

Yes, I meet the critrieria for 2018 but still I do have problems with 2017. I have filed my tax but IRS had sent me letter to verify my Identity for the tax return but unfortunately I did not get the letter. I contacted IRS yesterday about my issue, they (IRS) told me that they are sending the letter again. Now I am pretty sure that I made mistake while filing the tax return for 2017, so for that IRS had sent me letter. What I have to do now?
This thread is for AOS 2019 --- not so many folks still look at it (I was surprised to see SusieQQQ answered so quickly). You might get more attention if you shift your discussion to AOS 2020. An additional benefit might be that there could be others (going through AOS this year) facing a similar issue to you and could see the discussion more easily.

SusieQQQ

This thread is for AOS 2019 --- not so many folks still look at it (I was surprised to see SusieQQQ answered so quickly). You might get more attention if you shift your discussion to AOS 2020. An additional benefit might be that there could be others (going through AOS this year) facing a similar issue to you and could see the discussion more easily.
Who sees what depends on the filters you use. My home screen comes up with all the new posts. FYI.

yes 2020 is more up to date. Tax questions that are not straightforward are generally not a topic of discussion though.

Hello I am from Iraq I want to ask about police citificatie in my cirticicate in Iraq is writen will expire after 3 month is should be
Renew after 3 month for Interview
Thank you

Aidyn

Hello I am from Iraq I want to ask about police citificatie in my cirticicate in Iraq is writen will expire after 3 month is should be
Renew after 3 month for Interview
Thank you
Please stop asking on multiple threads and old ones at that - your question has already been answered

Hello all, Hope you all are safe out there. I have a doubt to be mainly clarified from MOM. I received the green card in 2019 and I am wondering if I go home (out of USA) now and in case get stuck there for more than six months but less than a year will it be a problem for me to come back to USA. Will that cancel my green card? Thank you so much!

SusieQQQ

Hello all, Hope you all are safe out there. I have a doubt to be mainly clarified from MOM. I received the green card in 2019 and I am wondering if I go home (out of USA) now and in case get stuck there for more than six months but less than a year will it be a problem for me to come back to USA. Will that cancel my green card? Thank you so much!
Less than a year out will not be a problem.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Shouldn’t be a problem like Susie said ^^^

Shouldn’t be a problem like Susie said ^^^
Hi @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ , I am also a US Green Card holder from winning DV2019 (had been living in LA for 4 years, on 2 prior visas: J1, E3 and Green Card). I am currently in Australia, been here since end of March due to COVID. I know you both said under one year shouldn't be a problem but I've been also reading 6 months. For me, it seems that returning post 6 months will be the likely time. Is there any advice or recommendations for when I reenter the US using my Green Card? Perhaps if I am severely questioned at the border. Always appreciate your help and guidance, thank you.

SusieQQQ

Hi @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ , I am also a US Green Card holder from winning DV2019 (had been living in LA for 4 years, on 2 prior visas: J1, E3 and Green Card). I am currently in Australia, been here since end of March due to COVID. I know you both said under one year shouldn't be a problem but I've been also reading 6 months. For me, it seems that returning post 6 months will be the likely time. Is there any advice or recommendations for when I reenter the US using my Green Card? Perhaps if I am severely questioned at the border. Always appreciate your help and guidance, thank you.
Try for as soon as you can but over 6 months won’t be a problem, especially if it’s just one trip you’ve done this on, and assuming you are back “for good”, and especially now - they understand many travel plans have been disrupted.

Try for as soon as you can but over 6 months won’t be a problem, especially if it’s just one trip you’ve done this on, and assuming you are back “for good”, and especially now - they understand many travel plans have been disrupted.
Thank you Susie. It was a hard decision in the first place to return when I did but it was the right decision for the time. Definitely didn't want to go and the intention is to be back "for good". And yes, this the first time I've done this. I'd barely visited Australia in the 4 years I've lived in LA. Once to at the end of my J1 for 14 days to move to E3 and then last year for 12 days (on my Green Card), which was 2.5 years since the prior visit. So definitely not a common thing. Thinking closer towards the end of this year seems likely.