• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Your IO already told you what happened per your interview experience post, so I’m not sure why you’re asking if I know what happened.

1. There’s nothing you can do at this point outside of waiting for now.

2. No one can predict how long someone else’s background check could take.

Your spouse is ok for now for as long as his AOS petition is pending. All good if his petition gets approved on or before Sept. 30. If background check isn’t cleared by then and his AOS petition is subsequently not approved as a result of that, he will need to leave the US while you file and sponsor him via CP - he can’t remain in the US as he will be out of status by then.
He is under F1 visa status and his I-20 expires in 2024. What do you mean by he needs to leave US? Please explain

1. Yes the response from the USCIS rep you spoke with is the “usual” response in terms of timeline. They can’t differentiate between a DV based AOS petition, which is time sensitive, and other AOS petitions. When I suggested calling them, it was meant to see if your IL was already sent.

2. If your timeline is still within that of what is applicable to your FO, you have the option of exercising some patience and waiting a little bit more for the IL to show up - at least until the end of August. Or you can reach out to your Congress person and request their assistance with following up - bear in mind if you decide to utilize this second option now, you may have a tough time convincing them to assist again should your approval decision remain pending after your interview which I feel is more crucial.

Hi Mom,

Hope you are doing well.

FO: Los Angeles
Region: AS
Biometrics: 7/31
USCIS requested file: 8/12

Now I have a few questions:

1. This morning(8/29) I went to my district congresswoman’s office and requested to expedite my case.

2. I came home and got my IL but the date is on October 29th. Is this acceptable? Or I have to call USCIS and ask them to change a date for me?

3. Please see the pictures. Is the checklist normal? Also on IL the bottom of left side says cc: Attorney of record means attorney involved? I didn’t hire an attorney for my DV case.

4. Should I call my congresswoman tomorrow morning and tell her the situation or inform her anything that she can help me to reschedule the interview date for me? Before 9/30.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4D49694D-4E1E-44BB-88D0-45F88E7FBE68.jpeg
    4D49694D-4E1E-44BB-88D0-45F88E7FBE68.jpeg
    624.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 6512C40D-B134-48FB-B1BC-99D73E8A4021.jpeg
    6512C40D-B134-48FB-B1BC-99D73E8A4021.jpeg
    825.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi Mom,

Hope you are doing well.

1. This morning(8/29) I went to my district congresswoman’s office and requested to expedite my case.

2. I came home and got my IL but the date is on October 29th. Is this acceptable? Or I have to call USCIS and ask them to change a date for me?

3. Please see the pictures. Is the checklist normal? Also on IL the bottom of left side says cc: Attorney of record means attorney involved? I didn’t hire an attorney for my DV case.

4. Should I call my congresswoman tomorrow morning and tell her the situation or inform her anything that she can help me to reschedule the interview date for me? Before 9/30.

Nope, October 29th is not acceptable, no approval will be issued after September 30th. You have to do everything possible to get your FO to change the interview date.

Return to your Congresswoman’s office with the letter and ask for their help in getting your FO to change that date. Also call the 1800 number and request they contact your FO to change the interview date as your FY will already be over by September 30th and you’ll no longer be eligible for a GC by October 29th.

The interview notification you received is a standard generic notice used by your FO - they send the same thing to everyone regardless.

Nope, October 29th is not acceptable, no approval will be issued after September 30th. You have to do everything possible to get your FO to change the interview date.

Return to your Congresswoman’s office with the letter and ask for their help in getting your FO to change that date. Also call the 1800 number and request they contact your FO to change the interview date as your FY will already be over by September 30th and you’ll no longer be eligible for a GC by October 29th.

The interview notification you received is a standard generic notice used by your FO - they send the same thing to everyone regardless.

Hi Mom,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I just called 1800 number and talked to the representative but she told me that my FO takes 30 days to process the request and I will be getting the interview later than October 29th. Is this representative’s usual answer? Do I have to talk to Tier 2 Officer on the phone?

2. I am going to my Congresswoman’s office now and ask for their help. Hope they can help me out.

Thank you, Mom.

Hi Mom,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I just called 1800 number and talked to the representative but she told me that my FO takes 30 days to process the request and I will be getting the interview later than October 29th. Is this representative’s usual answer? Do I have to talk to Tier 2 Officer on the phone?

2. I am going to my Congresswoman’s office now and ask for their help. Hope they can help me out.

Thank you, Mom.

Call again and request to speak with a Tier 2 officer.

Hi Mom,

We had a green card interview with my wife today. Our immigration officer was so polite and friendly. He requested both original copies of our approval notice for J1 visa 2-year home country residence requirement. He went over the questions in the I-485 form for me and my wife. Having said these, IO told us that our fingerprints are lost in the system- but our security clearances were completed. He checked our applications and told us that everything is in order apart from our fingerprints. We immediately get our biometrics done after the interview and notify the officer about the re-completion of our biometrics?

1- Is there any possibility that they will reject our case based on the lost fingerprints?
2- Is there any possibility that they will reject our case after security clearance and positive interview?
3- Should we expect an approval notice soon, since everything was kosher in our application?

By the way, I thank you very much for your support. Your guidance helped us through the lottery process without spending a single penny for lawyer.

Kind regards,

Hi Mom,

We had a green card interview with my wife today. Our immigration officer was so polite and friendly. He requested both original copies of our approval notice for J1 visa 2-year home country residence requirement. He went over the questions in the I-485 form for me and my wife. Having said these, IO told us that our fingerprints are lost in the system- but our security clearances were completed. He checked our applications and told us that everything is in order apart from our fingerprints. We immediately get our biometrics done after the interview and notify the officer about the re-completion of our biometrics?

1- Is there any possibility that they will reject our case based on the lost fingerprints?
2- Is there any possibility that they will reject our case after security clearance and positive interview?
3- Should we expect an approval notice soon, since everything was kosher in our application?

By the way, I thank you very much for your support. Your guidance helped us through the lottery process without spending a single penny for lawyer.

Kind regards,

1. Why will they penalize you by denying your petition based on your lost fingerprints when you’re not responsible for the loss?
2 & 3. I honestly can’t give you the reassurance you’re seeking. Just calm down and exercise some patience.

Hi Mom,

Hope you are doing well.

Suggest you also request infopass. This is USCIS error, DV lottery is time sensitive. You should be able to convince the callback people that you are "someone who genuinely needs it"

Oh, I'm so sorry :( We have interview on August 27th and I don't have any hope anymore. Because I heard another case 1 month ago got denied because they were pending asylum. This is so sad because I think they are the only office that they are not accepting pending asylum. I knew one from Baltimore with the same case was approved recently. :((
Hi D3Zi,
Yeah it is very sad, and I have also heard about other offices approving people with pending asylum, i wish dc office would do too. How was your interview?

Call again and request to speak with a Tier 2 officer.

Hi Mom,

Hope you had a great weekend.

1. I just talked to USCIS representative today. He made a request for me, gave me a request ID number and told me that I will get a notice by 09/18/2019. Should I just wait or try to call USCIS again?

2. I asked for Tier 2 officer and infopass but he was not able to transfer for me or schedule infopass for me. So should I just do walk-in infopass? And try to talk to them at my FO?

Thank you so much, Mom. I need your suggestions please.

Hi Mom,

Hope you had a great weekend.

1. I just talked to USCIS representative today. He made a request for me, gave me a request ID number and told me that I will get a notice by 09/18/2019. Should I just wait or try to call USCIS again?

2. I asked for Tier 2 officer and infopass but he was not able to transfer for me or schedule infopass for me. So should I just do walk-in infopass? And try to talk to them at my FO?

Thank you so much, Mom. I need your suggestions please.

Try a walk-in INFOPASS.

Try a walk-in INFOPASS.

Hi Mom,

I went to my FO and talked with one of the officers I believe. He told me that it’s okay to have interview on October 29th and I showed him the statement says on USCIS website as well. I know it’s not acceptable.

One of the security officers told me to talk to Bar Association (because they know more) and they suggested me to have an attorney.

What can I do now? Thank you, Mom!

Hi Mom,

I went to my FO and talked with one of the officers I believe. He told me that it’s okay to have interview on October 29th and I showed him the statement says on USCIS website as well. I know it’s not acceptable.

One of the security officers told me to talk to Bar Association (because they know more) and they suggested me to have an attorney.

What can I do now? Thank you, Mom!

Did you return to your Congress woman’s office like I previously suggested? Any update on that?

In addition, I suggest you write a letter to your FO’s District Director and Field Office Director. Get the letters delivered by next day courier service - you’re in a race against time. Contact information (names and mailing address below). Be sure you identify correct FO with jurisdiction over your case to ensure your mail is addressed to the right persons (there are two LA FOs with the same address):
Los Angeles County Field Office
Los Angeles Field Office

Hello again.
I know be patient is the key, however, according to time line, I see so many people get CPO update in a week on Aug. I still have no updates.
How many days should I wait ?
Thank you.

And I’m sure you also saw several people on the spreadsheet who waited for weeks before they saw the CPO update. I don’t work for USCIS, I have no idea how long your approval will take.

Have you confirmed with KCC if your file has been sent to your FO?

And I’m sure you also saw several people on the spreadsheet who waited for weeks before they saw the CPO update. I don’t work for USCIS, I have no idea how long your approval will take.

Have you confirmed with KCC if your file has been sent to your FO?

Yes KCC said

Your case has been forwarded to USCIS. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them

Hi Mom,

Me and my wife had an interview last Friday. Since the USCIS lost some of our fingerprints, we had to get our fingerprints taken again on the very same day. Our IO told us that everything is in order and missing fingerprints are uploaded. Today around 2AM, they changed our status to "New card is being produced". In the morning, when I check my status- they changed my status to "Fingerprint review was completed". By the way, I cannot no longer check my online status using USCIS website.

1- Do you think that I can rely on the first status of "New card is being produced"?
2- Do you think that the USCIS needs further time to check things again?

Thank you very much for all the support,

Kind regards