• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello Mom!
I have a difficult situation. I do not know what to do. I'm just at a loss. Dear Mom, please help me with advice! After submitting a package of documents AOS, I received letters stating that the documents were accepted and that my husband and I did not need to go through the biometrics process. But I did not notice that the letter for my son (he was 4 years old) did not come. When I checked the online status of our cases, there was also nothing written about biometrics. And two days ago, the neighbors handed me a letter, which, by mistake, the postman put in their mailbox. This letter was a call for biometrics for my son on March 28. I am horrified. I called USCIS and we got a new biometrics entry for September 18. Oh My God, September 30 is the last day. I called the lawyer and he said that he could not help me with anything. You have a lot of experience! Please help me with advice, what can I do in this situation? Can I speed up the process somehow? Thank you!

Hello Mom!
I have a difficult situation. I do not know what to do. I'm just at a loss. Dear Mom, please help me with advice! After submitting a package of documents AOS, I received letters stating that the documents were accepted and that my husband and I did not need to go through the biometrics process. But I did not notice that the letter for my son (he was 4 years old) did not come. When I checked the online status of our cases, there was also nothing written about biometrics. And two days ago, the neighbors handed me a letter, which, by mistake, the postman put in their mailbox. This letter was a call for biometrics for my son on March 28. I am horrified. I called USCIS and we got a new biometrics entry for September 18. Oh My God, September 30 is the last day. I called the lawyer and he said that he could not help me with anything. You have a lot of experience! Please help me with advice, what can I do in this situation? Can I speed up the process somehow? Thank you!

Take the letter to the ASC and ask to do a walk in immediately. If they resist, explain the urgency.

Take the letter to the ASC and ask to do a walk in immediately. If they resist, explain the urgency.
Yes, I was there. But they did not want to help me. They said that they can’t do anything. They only said that I could call USCIS and record again.

Hi Mom,

I recently received Call-In Letter (DHS Form G-56) from the Dallas USCIS Field office. They set an interview date and time, but they addressed this letter to my wife (derivative applicant for our DV2019 case). Do you think that we can proceed to the interview with this letter? By the way, they called my wife to ask about our availability for interview.

Thank you very much for your assitance,

Kind regards

Hi Mom,

I recently received Call-In Letter (DHS Form G-56) from the Dallas USCIS Field office. They set an interview date and time, but they addressed this letter to my wife (derivative applicant for our DV2019 case). Do you think that we can proceed to the interview with this letter? By the way, they called my wife to ask about our availability for interview.

Thank you very much for your assitance,

Kind regards

Yes you can, and you should.

Calm down. What did you say to them when you tried to do the walk-in?
I told them that we missed biometrics and asked them to make a new record for my son. They refused me. They said that they could not make a new record because more than 30 days had passed. And that they do not have access to the database.

I told them that we missed biometrics and asked them to make a new record for my son. They refused me. They said that they could not make a new record because more than 30 days had passed. And that they do not have access to the database.

Why were you asking them to “make a new record” when you already had a new bio scheduled for September 18th according to your earlier post? Of course the ASC cannot create a new bio notice, that’s not their job. All you had to do was attempt a walk-in by presenting the new bio notice when you got there. And if they say you have to come at your appointed time, then you explain the urgency behind the need for him to do is bio right away. You wouldn’t get anywhere by asking the wrong questions or making the wrong requests.

Why were you asking them to “make a new record” when you already had a new bio scheduled for September 18th according to your earlier post? Of course the ASC cannot create a new bio notice, that’s not their job. All you had to do was attempt a walk-in by presenting the new bio notice when you got there. And if they say you have to come at your appointed time, then you explain the urgency behind the need for him to do is bio right away. You wouldn’t get anywhere by asking the wrong questions or making the wrong requests.
I was at ASC two days ago and they told me to call USCIS and make a new entry by phone. Today I got through to the supervisor and he signed me up for September 18th.

I was at ASC two days ago and they told me to call USCIS and make a new entry by phone. Today I got through to the supervisor and he signed me up for September 18th.

So you need to take the new bio notice and try a walk-in like Susie previously asked you to here

Hello Mom, when you receive GC.What’s the way forward to get the new EAD and SSN. Are they gonna send you or you have to do something to get em?

Hello Mom, when you receive GC.What’s the way forward to get the new EAD and SSN. Are they gonna send you or you have to do something to get em?

You no longer need an EAD if you already have a GC.

You’ll need to apply directly for a new (if you’ve never had one issued) or replacement (without DHS restrictions written on it) SSN card.

Hi Mom and all,
My interview is in two weeks and I wanted to know ,if the case is approved, can I give a different address for the cards to be mailed to, during the time of the interview, since I am planning on moving to a newer place when my current lease ends. A few days from the interview I will be moving into anew place. Please please let me know if that is a possibility and if it might delay things at the last moment.
Thanks a bunch!

Hi Mom and all,
My interview is in two weeks and I wanted to know ,if the case is approved, can I give a different address for the cards to be mailed to, during the time of the interview, since I am planning on moving to a newer place when my current lease ends. A few days from the interview I will be moving into anew place. Please please let me know if that is a possibility and if it might delay things at the last moment.
Thanks a bunch!

Will the new address still be under the jurisdiction of your current FO or a different FO?

Nonetheless, I don’t think you should be providing an address where the lease is not yet currently active under your name to USCIS at the end of your interview.

Will the new address still be under the jurisdiction of your current FO or a different FO?

Nonetheless, I don’t think you should be providing an address where the lease is not yet currently active under your name to USCIS at the end of your interview.

thanks mom.

It will be under the same FO.

1. My landlord said she could get me signed the new lease asap, I could even sign the new lease early as next week (before the interview) and then provide them with the new address. what is your recommendation mom? (I am truly worried, if it will cause any delays)

2. Also, if I do change the address online, prior to the interview, as mentioned in 1 above, does it mean I will be getting a new IL to the new address or I could still proceed with the old IL and the date?

Thanks again.

thanks mom.

It will be under the same FO.

1. My landlord said she could get me signed the new lease asap, I could even sign the new lease early as next week (before the interview) and then provide them with the new address. what is your recommendation mom? (I am truly worried, if it will cause any delays)

2. Also, if I do change the address online, prior to the interview, as mentioned in 1 above, does it mean I will be getting a new IL to the new address or I could still proceed with the old IL and the date?

Thanks again.

Okay. Option 1 sounds reasonable. Present the lease and request to update your address when you go for your IO.

Option 2 could introduce a massive disruption - I personally wouldn’t go through that route.

Okay. Option 1 sounds reasonable. Present the lease and request to update your address when you go for your IO.

Option 2 could introduce a massive disruption - I personally wouldn’t go through that route.[/QUOTE

Wonderful ! I will go with option 1.
Thank you very much !!

Hello Mom and all. Do you know what could be the reason that my package is still in national benefit center? This is what my field office told congresswoman’s office! Anything I can do? I did my bio on July 9th.