• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Wait. Your daughter is married? If yes, she’s no longer eligible as your derivative.
no not married just studying in Australia. She is 22 but her age was suspended at 20 years 7 months due to our number becoming current in Oct 2018.

(oh it was my husband that won as well as her - so this is her 3rd shot at it as she has been included in all the applications :cool:)

Considering how close we are to the end of the FY, why didn’t you go for a walk in bio? You wasted so much time waiting until your appointed date!

Anyway which is your FO? Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of the average processing time for your DV.

Thank you so much Mom for your quick response. I've been reading this thread as well as the AOS Process Spreadsheet, but I didn't know/miss the fact that the bio triggers the date of interview...

My FO is Los Angeles. Is there anything I can/should do other than waiting at this point?

Thank you so much Mom for your quick response. I've been reading this thread as well as the AOS Process Spreadsheet, but I didn't know/miss the fact that the bio triggers the date of interview...

My FO is Los Angeles. Is there anything I can/should do other than waiting at this point?

I never said the bio triggers the IL, some FOs wait for the it to be completed before sending out the IL, some don’t. However getting the bio completed early helps in situations where the background check requires more time to be completed.

What do the timeline spreadsheets show as the average processing time for your FO? That is your starting point on what you should be doing.

We had our interview in last week of July, the officer was very polite and helpful. He also had our previous (EB3) I-485 that was filed a year ago and pending.
He told us that our interview today will be for the DV-2019 however he will also have to review our previous (EB3) I-485 that was filed a year ago.
He mentioned that we will be notified in 10 days. We have not heard anything since. Our filing date was January 2019 and Biometrics were done in May 2019. Please advice.

We had our interview in last week of July, the officer was very polite and helpful. He also had our previous (EB3) I-485 that was filed a year ago and pending.
He told us that our interview today will be for the DV-2019 however he will also have to review our previous (EB3) I-485 that was filed a year ago.
He mentioned that we will be notified in 10 days. We have not heard anything since. Our filing date was January 2019 and Biometrics were done in May 2019. Please advice.

Contact your Congress person and request their assistance with case follow up.

I never said the bio triggers the IL, some FOs wait for the it to be completed before sending out the IL, some don’t. However getting the bio completed early helps in situations where the background check requires more time to be completed.

What do the timeline spreadsheets show as the average processing time for your FO? That is your starting point on what you should be doing.
Thank you so much again for your help and advice. I checked the timeline spreadsheet and the average processing time (I calculated the days between the bio date and the interview notice receipt date) for Los Angeles FO seems around 30-35 days (it could take up to 40-50 days in some cases). Would you give me a piece of advice on this?

Thank you so much again for your help and advice. I checked the timeline spreadsheet and the average processing time (I calculated the days between the bio date and the interview notice receipt date) for Los Angeles FO seems around 30-35 days (it could take up to 40-50 days in some cases). Would you give me a piece of advice on this?

You can call the USCIS 1800 number and ask them to initiate an expedite request to your FO. You’ll need to explain you’re currently in a race against time as your petition cannot be approved after Sept. 30th. They may of course tell you that’s not true that all that needs to happen is for you to have filed before Sept 30th (because phone reps can not differentiate between DV based AOS and other AOS petitions - they don’t know the process involved).

You can also reach out to your Congress person and request they follow up with your FO on your behalf.

Hi Mom,

I had my interview today. It took around 30 -40 min. Interviewer was nice and was a lady. She said she is handling DV visas for Detroit FO. After the oath She asked yes/no question from the I-485. She asked DOB, name, address, status, first arrival date, last arrival date etc. Also took our photos and fingerprints and asked if there’s anything to be added to the file. We gave my husband’s new I-20. She said my case status will change today and I will receive my card by 7-10 days. Didn’t ask a single question about finance.
Unfortunately we made a mistake on I 485 which was my spouse’s date of birth. Birth year was wrong and we corrected the error in July. We also received an NOA for the correction. However she said it hasn’t been changed in the system so my husband’s file has to go through the security check again. She kind of said that it will take more than a month in that case his case will be denied. But she pointed out that I could apply for him under spouse based visa again. I’m terribly upset. But there’s nothing we could do other than waiting until his case get approved.

Last edited:
Finally dream come true! Today my status changed to New card is being produced!
I would like to thank Mom and all people here in this group. In this group I found out that I still have a chance and I could win.

My advice is to keep believing until the end, read all similar experiences to your case and remember patience is the key!

God bless you all.

Finally dream come true! Today my status changed to New card is being produced!
I would like to thank Mom and all people here in this group. In this group I found out that I still have a chance and I could win.

My advice is to keep believing until the end, read all similar experiences to your case and remember patience is the key!

God bless you all.

Great new! Congratulations. Be sure to update the timeline spreadsheet if you haven’t done so already.

Hello.
I had an interview on 22nd Aug and she said she will send an email to KCC and is going to approve once she got a reply from KCC(I'm not sure about what she said about reply thing.)
However, it's been a week.
I'm pretty nervous. What should I do ??

Hello.
I had an interview on 22nd Aug and she said she will send an email to KCC and is going to approve once she got a reply from KCC(I'm not sure about what she said about reply thing.)
However, it's been a week.
I'm pretty nervous. What should I do ??

Be patient.

Dear Mom and the whole DV community!

I just received my Green Card today in the mail and wanted to thank you Mom for your generosity and the whole community for your advise! I could not have done this without this amazing forum. THANK YOU!

I'll update the sheet but here is my timeline. I'm based in New York.

• May 1st: Posted my AOS package off to the Chicago Lockbox..
  • May 7th: Received text that my AOS package had been accepted and had my I-485 and Biometrics check cashed
  • May 21st Received my Biometrics scheduling letter/date in the mail..
  • May 29th Had my Biometrics appointment..
  • Aug 1st Received my interview letter/date in the mail.
  • Aug 21st Attending my Green Card interview.
  • Aug 26th Received my welcome letter in the mail.
  • Aug 28th: Received my Green Card in the mail – officially a permanent U.S. resident!!!
The interview took about 10mins and the IO was really friendly and nice. She didn't ask to see any of my original documents but please make sure you bring the originals with you just in case!

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

Dear Mom and the whole DV community!

I just received my Green Card today in the mail and wanted to thank you Mom for your generosity and the whole community for your advise! I could not have done this without this amazing forum. THANK YOU!

I'll update the sheet but here is my timeline. I'm based in New York.

• May 1st: Posted my AOS package off to the Chicago Lockbox..
  • May 7th: Received text that my AOS package had been accepted and had my I-485 and Biometrics check cashed
  • May 21st Received my Biometrics scheduling letter/date in the mail..
  • May 29th Had my Biometrics appointment..
  • Aug 1st Received my interview letter/date in the mail.
  • Aug 21st Attending my Green Card interview.
  • Aug 26th Received my welcome letter in the mail.
  • Aug 28th: Received my Green Card in the mail – officially a permanent U.S. resident!!!
The interview took about 10mins and the IO was really friendly and nice. She didn't ask to see any of my original documents but please make sure you bring the originals with you just in case!

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Enjoy your new status.

And thank you for coming out of the woods to provide us with your updates, seeing this is your first forum post (and you registered shortly before posting :)).

Dear Mom, Britsimon and the community,

My status changed to ‘my card is being produced’ Thank you for all the advices provided. This process won’t be easy without this wonderful forum. I will update the rest of the timeline soon. I also want to thank @Mila05 and @guitarek for all the advices and encouragements. I hope we all get GCs on our hands soon!
Again thank you so much Mom.

My status changed to ‘my card is being produced’ Thank you for all the advices provided. This process won’t be easy without this wonderful forum. I will update the rest of the timeline soon. I also want to thank @Mila05 and @guitarek for all the advices and encouragements. I hope we all get GCs on our hands soon!
Great news)) happy for you. Enjoy your status.

Phew! I feel like:
giphy.gif

But it’s a tad too early, so I’ll stick with raising up my cup of coffee while saying congratulations to you!:)

Is your husband on a separate status or he was a derivative of your previous status?

Phew! I feel like:
giphy.gif

But it’s a tad too early, so I’ll stick with raising up my cup of coffee while saying congratulations to you!:)

Is your husband on a separate status or he was a derivative of your previous status?

Mom,
He is my derivative. No change yet. I hope you know what happened.
1) Do you have any suggestions on what we should do at this point ?
2) How long do you think the security check will take? He is clean and doesn’t have even traffic citations.

Mom,
He is my derivative. No change yet. I hope you know what happened.
1) Do you have any suggestions on what we should do at this point ?
2) How long do you think the security check will take? He is clean and doesn’t have even traffic citations.

Your IO already told you what happened per your interview experience post, so I’m not sure why you’re asking if I know what happened.

1. There’s nothing you can do at this point outside of waiting for now.

2. No one can predict how long someone else’s background check could take.

Your spouse is ok for now for as long as his AOS petition is pending. All good if his petition gets approved on or before Sept. 30. If background check isn’t cleared by then and his AOS petition is subsequently not approved as a result of that, he will need to leave the US while you file and sponsor him via CP - he can’t remain in the US as he will be out of status by then.