• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

@nero1gh Thank you for the detail interview experience....
If you are in Accra why don't you pass through the DHL office to check? It could be ready. Someone shared an experience where he didn't receive the text and the CEAC site didn't update to issue yet he got the package after waiting for like 3 weeks when he went there...

@nero1gh Thank you for the detail interview experience....
If you are in Accra why don't you pass through the DHL office to check? It could be ready. Someone shared an experience where he didn't receive the text and the CEAC site didn't update to issue yet he got the package after waiting for like 3 weeks when he went there...

Thanks a lot Frank, I will heed to that advice. I was there after the two weeks elapsed, however, I was told that it was not ready. They mentioned that once it's ready I would be contacted because they have my data in the registration portal... but I will follow-up nonetheless.

I learnt Ghana uses the host system but will the embassy take an affidavit of support, if I present one ????

If you don’t have a host of course the embassy will take an affidavit of support, as long as it is properly completed.

March visa bulletin is in, still very low for AFRICA.Not sure if the government shutdown has impact on it. Any ideas?

Hello guys ,

Please can anyone here with experience help me on how to resolve this issue.
I'm 2019 DV winner and i just notice on my certificate that the day of my date of birth is wrong , instead of 23rd ,it shows 24th but the month and year is correct.

I called WAEC and they said , they cant change anything if the certificate has been issued. Please can some one help me on how i can resolve it . Thanks

Hello guys ,

Please can anyone here with experience help me on how to resolve this issue.
I'm 2019 DV winner and i just notice on my certificate that the day of my date of birth is wrong , instead of 23rd ,it shows 24th but the month and year is correct.

I called WAEC and they said , they cant change anything if the certificate has been issued. Please can some one help me on how i can resolve it . Thanks
I suggest u do affidavit

It appears the shutdown is having a toll on the process guys. A reliable source told me that a lot of the workers at the consulate including some consulars have returned to the U.S., they have been running on reserves from 2018's appropriations. It would be great if we can have some confirmations from those who have been or will be interviewed in january how the process is going.

I have been using this waiting period to analyse the CEAC data dump in excel on @Xarthisius site. Per the data available for ACCRA consulate, 6 DV visas were issued in October 2018, 20 visas were issued in November 2018, 28 were issued in December 2018 and only 1 Visa has been issued as at 6th January 2019(last date of update on CAEC at the time). 55 cases have been issued with Visas as at January 6, 2019.(Exclusive of derivative visas) and 45 cases have been REFUSED.

Last edited:
I have been using this waiting period to analyse the CEAC data dump in excel on @Xarthisius site. Per the data available for ACCRA consulate, 6 DV visas were issued in October 2018, 20 visas were issued in November 2018, 28 were issued in December 2018 and only 1 Visa has been issued as at 6th January 2019(last date of update on CAEC at the time). 55 cases have been issued with Visas as at January 6, 2019.(Exclusive of derivative visas) and 45 cases have been REFUSED.
thus a hugenumber of refusal
agent factor could be the problem
am not sure if some of these people(issued or refused) are on this platform
We need people to share their problems here for good advice and also interview experience to help others.
i know members of this platform are saved for sure.Guys relax!!!!!

We need people to share their problems here for good advice and also interview experience to help others.

High refusals (higher percentage than visas issued) at Accra are the norm.

41 cases were updated to REFUSED in December 2018, whilst 4 had been REFUSED as at January 6, 2019.
41 cases were updated to REFUSED in December 2018, whilst 4 had been REFUSED as at January 6, 2019.
Reliable information i got indicate that most dv winners from GH actually dont meet the minimum educ. req and these agents force them to go ahead with the processes believing they may go through.Some even forge docs for them.
Guys advice yourself if u dont meet the education requirements they want.The CO's are not joking!