• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi mom.

I finally got $330 fee and $150-200 for medical exam ready.

My questions will be:

1. I had 2nf letter from KCC by email providing some peace of paper showing "fee paid receipt" pay to
U.S. Department of State

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

I guess I will have to fill that paper and send it to them right? to cover my fees.

2. My number is "EU23071", and it is current. Since I am ready to pay for the fee Today or Tomorrow, and get my Med Exam ready by Monday, the question is: am I not to late to do all this staff ? I know I had to do it earlier but I did not have money and time for it.

Please advice. It is very important to me.

1. Yes you need to pay the $330 DV administrative fee.
2. It’s not too late.

However, if you delayed because you didn’t have money and time for it, you may want to reconsider if it is worth it at all to continue. You do realize there’s an additional $1,225 fee you need to include with your AOS package in addition to the $330 DV administrative fee and medical exam fee? Also having the time to dedicate to following up and staying abreast of the process especially at this time is is must!

p.s. there’s no need for you to write “please advice, it is very important to me” at the end of your post” like your previous questions have been ignored or as if I don’t know how important each person’s selection is.

Mom do you think if I find another $1,225 within 1 week I won't be late ?

I am kinda confuse here. Of course I do not want to lose this opportunity but at the same time I am not sure if I am late now or not yet. Or what is the deadline for me approximately

Thanks for your help

Mom do you think if I find another $1,225 within 1 week I won't be late ?

I am kinda confuse here. Of course I do not want to lose this opportunity but at the same time I am not sure if I am late now or not yet. Or what is the deadline for me approximately

Thanks for your help

Okay, so you struggled to come up with the $330 DV administrative fee, and the medical cost which can be up to $500 or more, depending on the CS you meet for your medical exam. And you now hope to somehow find the $1,225 AOS fee. How do you plan on convincing the IO you’re not likely to become a public charge.

I can’t tell you if you’re late or not, because that is subjective. You’ve know of your selection since May 2017. Anyway, the deadline for all DV petition is Sept. 30th.

Hello mom. I am start to get worried because i didn’t get the biometrics letter until now and all people who submit on the same time get their biometric letter last Saturday. Do you think is lost ?

Hello mom. I am start to get worried because i didn’t get the biometrics letter until now and all people who submit on the same time get their biometric letter last Saturday. Do you think is lost ?

You and those who already received the bio filed on the same day and your NOA has the same date?

1. Wait to be scheduled for an interview.
2. See 1 ^^

By the way, did you go through the AOS process spreadsheet at all?
Yes, mom I read it more than 1000 times and read each letter of it, but I’m little worried so I wanna make everything without any mistake or misunderstanding, I appreciate your patience with me.

Hi mom, is there any advantage to doing the biometrics early as a walk-in? Does NBC start on the background check earlier in that case? Thank you

Hello Mom!!
I sent my check for the DV fee last Monday and I am hoping to get my receipt within the upcoming weeks.
I actually have some questions:

I am living in Minnesota but I am in NYC right now for the summer and I am planning to do it here if possible and send all my documents from NYC.

1) Is it possible to do the medical exam anywhere in the US ?
2) Also for the biometrics can I do that anywhere once I get the letter or it should be in the state I am currently living?

Also I have been arrested back in 2016 when I was living in NYC because I didn't pay for the fare for the subway. Therefore, I went to court and did one day of community service, the judge told me that my record will be cleared by the end of that year (2016). I made sure to explain everything in DS-260 and I-485 forms and few days ago I went back to get some court records to include in my AOS package.

3) Do you think I should also include a police certificate or anything else?

Thanks very much!!!

Hi mom,
I just figured-out I received 2 receipts number one shows that we accepted finger print fee and we are working on your form I-485, the 2nd one shows that On July 10, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765, Application for Employment authorization.
As I told you before I already have work authorization and it’s still valid and you told if you have work authorization that won’t affect your case.
Now is that mean that I will face a problem or not ? I’m an asylum and it’s still pending.

Hello Mom!!
I sent my check for the DV fee last Monday and I am hoping to get my receipt within the upcoming weeks.
I actually have some questions:

I am living in Minnesota but I am in NYC right now for the summer and I am planning to do it here if possible and send all my documents from NYC.

1) Is it possible to do the medical exam anywhere in the US ?
2) Also for the biometrics can I do that anywhere once I get the letter or it should be in the state I am currently living?

Also I have been arrested back in 2016 when I was living in NYC because I didn't pay for the fare for the subway. Therefore, I went to court and did one day of community service, the judge told me that my record will be cleared by the end of that year (2016). I made sure to explain everything in DS-260 and I-485 forms and few days ago I went back to get some court records to include in my AOS package.

3) Do you think I should also include a police certificate or anything else?

Thanks very much!!!

You do realize if you’re simply spending the summer in NY, and actually live in Minnesota, you need to list your Minnesota address as your current address on your AOS package forms? The address isn’t just for the purpose of where to schedule the the bio and/or interview. It is part of what will be used to identify you during your background check process. You can send the documents from NYC, but the information must be accurate, and should not be of a temporary nature.

1. Preferable to do it with an approved CS in the State with jurisdiction over your petition.
2. Could be done at any ASC, if the ASC is willing to let you do a walk in with them since you’re not originally scheduled with them.
3. Court records required, PCC not required.

Hi mom,
I just figured-out I received 2 receipts number one shows that we accepted finger print fee and we are working on your form I-485, the 2nd one shows that On July 10, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-765, Application for Employment authorization.
As I told you before I already have work authorization and it’s still valid and you told if you have work authorization that won’t affect your case.
Now is that mean that I will face a problem or not ? I’m an asylum and it’s still pending.

And I also told you a DV based EAD wasn’t necessary if you already had a current asylum based EAD card, but you still included the form in your AOS package which is the reason you got two NOAs. There was no need to have included that form in your package, so why did you include it?

Okay, so you struggled to come up with the $330 DV administrative fee, and the medical cost which can be up to $500 or more, depending on the CS you meet for your medical exam. And you now hope to somehow find the $1,225 AOS fee. How do you plan on convincing the IO you’re not likely to become a public charge.

I can’t tell you if you’re late or not, because that is subjective. You’ve know of your selection since May 2017. Anyway, the deadline for all DV petition is Sept. 30th.

Spend all the money on MBA. I might be able to borrow from someone now. Why would I become a public charge? If I had a bad time getting money, then it does not mean that I am broke forever :)

So, I got 2 month left. If I pay the fee, medical exam (150 in Chicago), and send AOS with $1,225 AOS fees until 20th of July then I will have to wait 2 month until they call me for an interview right ?

Spend all the money on MBA. I might be able to borrow from someone now. Why would I become a public charge? If I had a bad time getting money, then it does not mean that I am broke forever :)

So, I got 2 month left. If I pay the fee, medical exam (150 in Chicago), and send AOS with $1,225 AOS fees until 20th of July then I will have to wait 2 month until they call me for an interview right ?

Hi Lcky7,

While I am not finished with the process quite yet, I have gone through the majority of the steps that are involved in the AoS process.

I highly recommend you to take a look at this year's timeline that you can access from mom's spreadsheet. It shows all the major milestones one has to go through. After sending in the package to the Chicago Lockbox (assuming they accept your package) you will receive an acceptance e-mail/text/NOA letter and then receive an invitation for the biometrics appointment and thereafter you would receive an invitation letter for an interview (again assuming you have all documents included. You could also be approved for a GC without an interview if you send in all required documents).

Good luck!

Why will you become a public charge? The fact that you’re already borrowing money to complete the AOS process is a red flag that you’re likely to become a public charge, which in essence means applying for benefits you’re not entitled to while you’re struggling to support yourself. That is something you will be required to convince your interviewing IO of before you will be approved in case you’re not already aware of that.

Spend some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to understand the steps involved. Also take a look at the timeline spreadsheets (past and present years) to get an idea of the processing time for your applicable FO.

You do realize if you’re simply spending the summer in NY, and actually live in Minnesota, you need to list your Minnesota address as your current address on your AOS package forms? The address isn’t just for the purpose of where to schedule the the bio and/or interview. It is part of what will be used to identify you during your background check process. You can send the documents from NYC, but the information must be accurate, and should not be of a temporary nature.

1. Preferable to do it with an approved CS in the State with jurisdiction over your petition.
2. Could be done at any ASC, if the ASC is willing to let you do a walk in with them since you’re not originally scheduled with them.
3. Court records required, PCC not required.

Yeah I know that and I listed my Minnesota's address as my current address on all my forms. I just came to NY for the summer and also to get the court records that I will include in my AOS package.
So it's better for me to go back to Minnesota for the medical exam according to you said above?

Thanks

Yeah I know that and I listed my Minnesota's address as my current address on all my forms. I just came to NY for the summer and also to get the court records that I will include in my AOS package.
So it's better for me to go back to Minnesota for the medical exam according to you said above?

Thanks

You’ve already seen my response to that question.