• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi Mom and every one.
I am preparing the I134 form for sponsorship. One of my friends is gonna be my sponsor and she is getting paid like mine as a graduate student. her salary is more than 20k$ a year at least for last year and currently. Is there any specific requirement other than enough wage that a sponsor should have? I meant is it Ok that she is a student?
By the way, she is a citizen.

Thanks

Yes your friend can complete the I-134 for you as a USC if her income is above the poverty guideline level applicable to her household and yours.

This is great news. Congratulations! How about your wife and kid? Are they processing FTJ, or you’ll be sponsoring them later on?

Send access request directly from the timeline spreadsheet, or PM me your email address.

All the best!
Thank you, with out your help it would have been impossible. I remembered I was going to change to CP,and if it was not for your advise, I would have lost my job and had to stay out for about 8 month. So I am infinitely grateful for your help.
Yes my family is applying FTJ.
All the best,

Post my story to share all(I don’t know how to add to google doc. Can MOM help to input? Thanks)

DV

2018 DV number AS5XXX (current on Apr 2018)

05(May) 2017 found win DV. DV winner is H1b status, spouse is F1 working with OPT
05 2017 submit i539(COS) for DV winner change from H1 to F2
10 2017 spouse(F1) apply Stem OPT EAD card (OPT expired on Dec2017, apply Stem OPT EAD for Dec 2017~Dec 2019)
12 2017 got STEM EAD card
12 2017 submit DS260, right after received Stem EAD, 2NL letter came along next day
03(mid Mar) 2018 call NCS 800 number try to expedite i539 for result, but in vain. Reply was this case will soon been reviewed. Cannot expedite since the reason we provided is not considered as urgent situation.
03/28 2018 got i797A on approval of F2 (i539 COS from H1 to F2 approved)
03/29 2018 Usps sent AOS package to Chicago lockbox (include 797A-F2 in AOS package. AOS only has 485, we did not apply EAD or AP combo card)
03/30 2018 delivered Lock box(next day arrived, used the fastest shipping)
04/11 2018 $1225 check cashed out, and receipt number came along(text and email).
04/14 2018 noa letter received
04/27 2018 bio letter receive, scheduled on May7
04/30 2018 bio walked in

05/17 2018 uscis letter interview letter sent, showed in USPS informed system. Interview date on 6/4

--
Interview letter detail:
May/18th 2018, we called KCC to ask if the case being request by FO, answer was: on May11 kcc got request from uscis (FO)
5/14 print interview letter (this date is from the interview letter, I assume this is the date when letter print out)
5/15 post stamped (An USPS stamped with date, so I guess this is the sent date)
Above are personal assumption(except KCC's answer), just for ref.
--

06/04 2018 Interview
06/05 2018 around 2pm main applicant USCIS website show: card produce(no update on spouse)
06/08 2018 receive 797 approval notice for main applicant (no update on spouse on USCIS tracking system)
6/13 Principle card received
--
For Spouse:
6/15 call 800 number and Scheduled InfoPass for 6/20 (tried appx 20 calls, try to explain situation and finally one tier2 officer help to schedule. CT State does not have online schedule, so only way is call800number to schedule Infopass)
6/20 We went to FO and Infopass officer told Spouse had RFE notice. RFE Ask for Visa/Status supporting docs such as: f1 i20 , 797 , i94. Officer told the RFE mail was returned to FO TWICE because no one sign at the address. Returned on 6/10 & 6/18 return to FO twice since certify mail did not deliver to address. We asked this is nonsense since we lived in the address and always has person at home during weekday day time. Officer cannot explain why this happen, but he print out the RFE to us. We submit RFE docs the same day on site to the front check in desk. Check in front desk assistant stamped RFE docs and told us RFE docs will deliver to IO the next day and reviewed by original interview officer. I asked how long will this review process takes, answer is couple months (i tired to say this is DV case and is timely urgent, I know what they say is "normal" process time. So I give up and go home. But if anyone has similar situation again, do mention to front desk this is DV case , it's time urgent PLEASE help to deliver/explain to Interview officer)
6/24 USCIS website show case transfer to NBC
6/27 call 800 Scheduled another InfoPass on 7/2
7/2 We went to FO and ask Infopass officer status. We explain what happen last time and RFE had submit on site how come we still waiting? Also we mention this is DV and need to process before FY. We ask if we may speak to Interview officer or supervisor. The officer say no, we cannot speak to IO or supervisor. But officer said he understand and he will check, ask us to sit and wait for a bit. We wait for a bit and another officer went to him with a huge document profile(it turns out it's my case), they talked behind the desk so I could not hear what they saying. After that officer call my name and told me, FO did receive RFE that day and the RFE doc is deliver to Vermont SC because backlog. I ask so all my docs is not here in FO but in VSC? He told me my case and all RFE docs still here in FO, it's just the case and RFE docs transfer to VSC(I guess it's electronically scan and transfer). Officer said, he talked with the Interview Officer that interview me and the IO said he aware of this situation and he will take a look my RFE and my case today. Officer said my case and RFE docs is on IO desk now. Then he asked me to wait patiently. I asked why transfer to VSC, answer is due to backlog so FO transfer to VSC for faster process and this is normal. I asked it is very hard to get Infopass (CT close online schedule, so only way is call 800 number to 2nd line and schedule), is there any way we can walk in if needed OR he can help us schedule Infopass? Answer is no, FO doesn't answer/help walk-in ( but that day I still see ppl walk in and officer still talk with them, but it's a tough luck to get things done by walk-in)
7/6 USCIS website show GC pickup by Usps and provide USPS tracking number
7/10 got gc. Also uscis shows gc deliver to mailbox.

INTERVIEW story:
DV selectee winner is not eligible birth country. Spouse is eligible country.

Interview at CT state Hartford FO
09:00 is schedule time for main applicant, spouse is 10:00.
Arrived 0820 then checked in, around 0850 name called and start interview.
Raise hand and oath.
IO is polite, question is on the spot. Also IO mentioned if during the question session we have problems in understanding or need IO to rephrase just say so.

Main applicant:
Take photo, finger print.
Ask main applicant about dob. Request to see original high school degree, passport & driver licence(main applicant does not have CT driver licence, but has another state driver licence. IO asked is there any docs that can show main applicant is lived in CT, like utility bills, rent lease? We bring rent lease and IO said that works.), and ask parents name and dob. Ask spouse's name dob. And where, when 1st meet spouse. When did us start dating. How many times of marriage. Have any children. Ask is there any join account to show. We don't have join account but we show IO my bank statement that my spouse's salary is direct deposited into my bank also we show my spouse's health care insurance document that both our name is covered. And vehicle insurance card that both our name is covered. Ask all questions in 485. Ask when is last time entry US, and how many times entered US. What Visa(s) have you had in entire life. Question on visa on passport and question out of status on visa. IO mentioned here that this is a DV case, so to clarify OOstatus is VERY important for IO to review the case.
During the question of part 8-25 , We asked IO about is traffic ticket include. Ans is No, traffic ticket is not consider in this question.

Spouse part,
Ask spouse dob, parents name and their dob. Request to see passport & driver licence and birth certi. Ask all Qs in 485. Since spouse joined military service (mandatory service in birth country), the 485 question of military service is yes. IO aware of this and only ask is this service obligatory in birth country (ans yes). Then IO continue rest Qs in 485. Ask when is last time entry US, and how many times entered US. Ask to se original marriage certi, joinly account stuff. And ask if we have extra copies of marriage certi or joinly bank account copies so he don't have to run to copy machine to copy.(strongly suggest to make copies before interview) Also check the visa stuff in passport. Spouse is F1 Stem OPT, and passport only have one US VISA(F1), which expired on 2016. IO question this might be OOS since Visa expired on 2016 and now it's 2018, so 2 yrs from 2016 till 2018 considered OOS. We politely ask IO if IO can check with Sr. IO or supervisor, IO replied supervisor was off vacation but he/she will check when it's available. We then explained we talked with immigration attorney before about Visa and Status; Visa on passport is for entry US with support doc; Status is the I20 or i797A those to show what is current status. IO said Status is the one on passport(IO pointed the sticker-Visa) We found out there is some conflict here, but could not align with IO. IO lastly ask is there any question? We brought two; 1st is our background check cleared? 2nd asked IO very politely could IO follow-up with supervisor on the Status concern, we brought up this is DV GC it is timely urgent.

1st answer: IO replied the case will be later reviewed and run criminal check, status check, and all other details before final decision(sort of not answering our question)

2nd answer: IO replied, yes he/she aware this is DV case and he/she knew it need to be finalize by fiscal year. So IO know the time factor. IO promised us that will check with supervisor and make decision within 30 days.

IO said our case looks all good, except for the Status concern. And IO address again this is very important for DV case ro keep valid status and not having any OOS period before.

In the end we are putting back our docs and photos into backpack(IO have not request for photos during interview) IO saw and asked us to run photos stories to IO, we ran all the photos(~15 photos) with proposal, wedding, dating places and meeting with parents in law those photos, shared details like where, when, and what event. IO said we can give two or three to IO for the case(photos will not be returned). We gave two, IO put one inside the case and left the other on the top of the case folder.

Then IO walked us out. All process was smooth except the Status concern IO raised up. It looks like IO got the right answer from the right guy somewhere.
--

Post my story to share all(I don’t know how to add to google doc. Can MOM help to input? Thanks)

DV

2018 DV number AS5XXX (current on Apr 2018)

05(May) 2017 found win DV. DV winner is H1b status, spouse is F1 working with OPT
05 2017 submit i539(COS) for DV winner change from H1 to F2
10 2017 spouse(F1) apply Stem OPT EAD card (OPT expired on Dec2017, apply Stem OPT EAD for Dec 2017~Dec 2019)
12 2017 got STEM EAD card
12 2017 submit DS260, right after received Stem EAD, 2NL letter came along next day
03(mid Mar) 2018 call NCS 800 number try to expedite i539 for result, but in vain. Reply was this case will soon been reviewed. Cannot expedite since the reason we provided is not considered as urgent situation.
03/28 2018 got i797A on approval of F2 (i539 COS from H1 to F2 approved)
03/29 2018 Usps sent AOS package to Chicago lockbox (include 797A-F2 in AOS package. AOS only has 485, we did not apply EAD or AP combo card)
03/30 2018 delivered Lock box(next day arrived, used the fastest shipping)
04/11 2018 $1225 check cashed out, and receipt number came along(text and email).
04/14 2018 noa letter received
04/27 2018 bio letter receive, scheduled on May7
04/30 2018 bio walked in

05/17 2018 uscis letter interview letter sent, showed in USPS informed system. Interview date on 6/4

--
Interview letter detail:
May/18th 2018, we called KCC to ask if the case being request by FO, answer was: on May11 kcc got request from uscis (FO)
5/14 print interview letter (this date is from the interview letter, I assume this is the date when letter print out)
5/15 post stamped (An USPS stamped with date, so I guess this is the sent date)
Above are personal assumption(except KCC's answer), just for ref.
--

06/04 2018 Interview
06/05 2018 around 2pm main applicant USCIS website show: card produce(no update on spouse)
06/08 2018 receive 797 approval notice for main applicant (no update on spouse on USCIS tracking system)
6/13 Principle card received
--
For Spouse:
6/15 call 800 number and Scheduled InfoPass for 6/20 (tried appx 20 calls, try to explain situation and finally one tier2 officer help to schedule. CT State does not have online schedule, so only way is call800number to schedule Infopass)
6/20 We went to FO and Infopass officer told Spouse had RFE notice. RFE Ask for Visa/Status supporting docs such as: f1 i20 , 797 , i94. Officer told the RFE mail was returned to FO TWICE because no one sign at the address. Returned on 6/10 & 6/18 return to FO twice since certify mail did not deliver to address. We asked this is nonsense since we lived in the address and always has person at home during weekday day time. Officer cannot explain why this happen, but he print out the RFE to us. We submit RFE docs the same day on site to the front check in desk. Check in front desk assistant stamped RFE docs and told us RFE docs will deliver to IO the next day and reviewed by original interview officer. I asked how long will this review process takes, answer is couple months (i tired to say this is DV case and is timely urgent, I know what they say is "normal" process time. So I give up and go home. But if anyone has similar situation again, do mention to front desk this is DV case , it's time urgent PLEASE help to deliver/explain to Interview officer)
6/24 USCIS website show case transfer to NBC
6/27 call 800 Scheduled another InfoPass on 7/2
7/2 We went to FO and ask Infopass officer status. We explain what happen last time and RFE had submit on site how come we still waiting? Also we mention this is DV and need to process before FY. We ask if we may speak to Interview officer or supervisor. The officer say no, we cannot speak to IO or supervisor. But officer said he understand and he will check, ask us to sit and wait for a bit. We wait for a bit and another officer went to him with a huge document profile(it turns out it's my case), they talked behind the desk so I could not hear what they saying. After that officer call my name and told me, FO did receive RFE that day and the RFE doc is deliver to Vermont SC because backlog. I ask so all my docs is not here in FO but in VSC? He told me my case and all RFE docs still here in FO, it's just the case and RFE docs transfer to VSC(I guess it's electronically scan and transfer). Officer said, he talked with the Interview Officer that interview me and the IO said he aware of this situation and he will take a look my RFE and my case today. Officer said my case and RFE docs is on IO desk now. Then he asked me to wait patiently. I asked why transfer to VSC, answer is due to backlog so FO transfer to VSC for faster process and this is normal. I asked it is very hard to get Infopass (CT close online schedule, so only way is call 800 number to 2nd line and schedule), is there any way we can walk in if needed OR he can help us schedule Infopass? Answer is no, FO doesn't answer/help walk-in ( but that day I still see ppl walk in and officer still talk with them, but it's a tough luck to get things done by walk-in)
7/6 USCIS website show GC pickup by Usps and provide USPS tracking number
7/10 got gc. Also uscis shows gc deliver to mailbox.

INTERVIEW story:
DV selectee winner is not eligible birth country. Spouse is eligible country.

Interview at CT state Hartford FO
09:00 is schedule time for main applicant, spouse is 10:00.
Arrived 0820 then checked in, around 0850 name called and start interview.
Raise hand and oath.
IO is polite, question is on the spot. Also IO mentioned if during the question session we have problems in understanding or need IO to rephrase just say so.

Main applicant:
Ask main applicant about dob. Request to see original high school degree, passport & driver licence(main applicant does not have CT driver licence, but has another state driver licence. IO asked is there any docs that can show main applicant is lived in CT, like utility bills, rent lease? We bring rent lease and IO said that works.), and ask parents name and dob. Ask spouse's name dob. And where, when 1st meet spouse. When did us start dating. How many times of marriage. Have any children. Ask is there any join account to show. We don't have join account but we show IO my bank statement that my spouse's salary is direct deposited into my bank also we show my spouse's health care insurance document that both our name is covered. And vehicle insurance card that both our name is covered. Ask all questions in 485. Ask when is last time entry US, and how many times entered US. What Visa(s) have you had in entire life. Question on visa on passport and question out of status on visa. IO mentioned here that this is a DV case, so to clarify OOstatus is VERY important for IO to review the case.
During the question of part 8-25 , We asked IO about is traffic ticket include. Ans is No, traffic ticket is not consider in this question.

Spouse part,
Ask spouse dob, parents name and their dob. Request to see passport & driver licence and birth certi. Ask all Qs in 485. Since spouse joined military service (mandatory service in birth country), the 485 question of military service is yes. IO aware of this and only ask is this service obligatory in birth country (ans yes). Then IO continue rest Qs in 485. Ask when is last time entry US, and how many times entered US. Ask to se original marriage certi, joinly account stuff. And ask if we have extra copies of marriage certi or joinly bank account copies so he don't have to run to copy machine to copy.(strongly suggest to make copies before interview) Also check the visa stuff in passport. Spouse is F1 Stem OPT, and passport only have one US VISA(F1), which expired on 2016. IO question this might be OOS since Visa expired on 2016 and now it's 2018, so 2 yrs from 2016 till 2018 considered OOS. We politely ask IO if IO can check with Sr. IO or supervisor, IO replied supervisor was off vacation but he/she will check when it's available. We then explained we talked with immigration attorney before about Visa and Status; Visa on passport is for entry US with support doc; Status is the I20 or i797A those to show what is current status. IO said Status is the one on passport(IO pointed the sticker-Visa) We found out there is some conflict here, but could not align with IO. IO lastly ask is there any question? We brought two; 1st is our background check cleared? 2nd asked IO very politely could IO follow-up with supervisor on the Status concern, we brought up this is DV GC it is timely urgent.

1st answer: IO replied the case will be later reviewed and run criminal check, status check, and all other details before final decision(sort of not answering our question)

2nd answer: IO replied, yes he/she aware this is DV case and he/she knew it need to be finalize by fiscal year. So IO know the time factor. IO promised us that will check with supervisor and make decision within 30 days.

IO said our case looks all good, except for the Status concern. And IO address again this is very important for DV case ro keep valid status and not having any OOS period before.

In the end we are putting back our docs and photos into backpack(IO have not request for photos during interview) IO saw and asked us to run photos stories to IO, we ran all the photos(~15 photos) with proposal, wedding, dating places and meeting with parents in law those photos, shared details like where, when, and what event. IO said we can give two or three to IO for the case(photos will not be returned). We gave two, IO put one inside the case and left the other on the top of the case folder.

Then IO walked us out. All process was smooth except the Status concern IO raised up. It looks like IO got the right answer from the right guy somewhere.
--

Congratulations and thanks for the detailed update.

Send access request directly from the timeline spreadsheet to update your info.

1. Identify your house of rep:
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

2. Find contact information on their website.
Hello mom. What is the benefit to get help from congressman in regard to USCIS process ?
Other question, I found on my online account last update on my case was last Saturday but they just update the date without any change on the case statue and also I didn’t get the biometrics letter yet. So what do u think why they update the case and I didn’t get anything. Thank you.

Hello mom. What is the benefit to get help from congressman in regard to USCIS process ?
Other question, I found on my online account last update on my case was last Saturday but they just update the date without any change on the case statue and also I didn’t get the biometrics letter yet. So what do u think why they update the case and I didn’t get anything. Thank you.

1. It’s one of the means of following up on a pending petition after going on infopass appointments.

2. I don’t know. When did you send in your AOS package? Have you received the notice of acceptance?

1. It’s one of the means of following up on a pending petition after going on infopass appointments.

2. I don’t know. When did you send in your AOS package? Have you received the notice of acceptance?
Thank you mom. Yes I did receive it around 12 days ago. I will send my detail date to spreadsheet may help others.

Hi mom,
How are you?.
I did bio walk-in yesterday, my date was on 18th of this month but I decided to do walk-in because we are running out of time.
My question:1- now what will be the next step?.
2-should I reserve my interview date online or they will give me a specific date?.
Thank you so much

Congratulations and thanks for the detailed update.

Send access request directly from the timeline spreadsheet to update your info.
Finished input to excel sheet.
Thank you so much MOM for all the feedback and useful opinion in this journey!! You are the best! Thank you so much!

Hi mom,
How are you?.
I did bio walk-in yesterday, my date was on 18th of this month but I decided to do walk-in because we are running out of time.
My question:1- now what will be the next step?.
2-should I reserve my interview date online or they will give me a specific date?.
Thank you so much

1. Wait to be scheduled for an interview.
2. See 1 ^^

By the way, did you go through the AOS process spreadsheet at all?

Hi Mom,

We did a walk in for our biometrics on Monday morning. Yesterday my husband's case updated to 'Fingerprint review was completed'. Mine (principal applicant) still says 'Fingerprint Fee was received'. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Hi Mom,

We did a walk in for our biometrics on Monday morning. Yesterday my husband's case updated to 'Fingerprint review was completed'. Mine (principal applicant) still says 'Fingerprint Fee was received'. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Yes.

Mom,

Somewhat of a follow-up on this. We didn't receive any update after the initial "Fingerprint Fee was Received." Nothing about that the biomtrics invitations were sent out or that we completed the biometrics.

1) Nothing to worry about, they just "forgot" to update, yes?

Thanks

Hi mom.

I finally got $330 fee and $150-200 for medical exam ready.

My questions will be:

1. I had 2nf letter from KCC by email providing some peace of paper showing "fee paid receipt" pay to
U.S. Department of State

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

I guess I will have to fill that paper and send it to them right? to cover my fees.

2. My number is "EU23071", and it is current. Since I am ready to pay for the fee Today or Tomorrow, and get my Med Exam ready by Monday, the question is: am I not to late to do all this staff ? I know I had to do it earlier but I did not have money and time for it.

Please advice. It is very important to me.

Mom,

Somewhat of a follow-up on this. We didn't receive any update after the initial "Fingerprint Fee was Received." Nothing about that the biomtrics invitations were sent out or that we completed the biometrics.

1) Nothing to worry about, they just "forgot" to update, yes?

Thanks

They “forgot” to update, your ASC didn’t “bother” to update - doesn’t matter which it is. It’s not worth stressing over.