• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Thank you mom, we both received separate approval notices for our case numbers. We both didn't receive any welcome notices.

That means, he is a resident now even though card is pending? Am I right mom?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you mom, we both received separate approval notices for our case numbers. We both didn't receive any welcome notices.

That means, he is a resident now even though card is pending? Am I right mom?

Thank you.

Sort of, but his status isn’t certain until he gets the GC itself.

Sort of, but his status isn’t certain until he gets the GC itself.

Mom, I am little nervous. Sorry to bother you. I think you kind of replied me before for this question, but again, Is he in any risk over VISA reservation?. That's the question he keep asking from me. He keep getting worried still about VISA running out issue. He thinks officer only reserved one visa for us, that's why there is no green card for him. Can I confidently say 'Stop worrying about that fear because he had an approval notice' ? Sorry for repeating same sort of questions. Thank you.

Hi Mom ,

I had my Interview at the Minneapolis/st paul office on Monday, interview went well, nothing unusual. IO told me she will have to look at my application one more time and that i should check online status in one to two weeks. Today i received a text that my case has been updated , when i checked online it says" Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC*********, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action".

Does this meany anything? I called KCC yesterday to check whether my file had been requested and the officer told me she does not see any request yet.

Mom, I am little nervous. Sorry to bother you. I think you kind of replied me before for this question, but again, Is he in any risk over VISA reservation?. That's the question he keep asking from me. He keep getting worried still about VISA running out issue. He thinks officer only reserved one visa for us, that's why there is no green card for him. Can I confidently say 'Stop worrying about that fear because he had an approval notice' ? Sorry for repeating same sort of questions. Thank you.

If it helps, when we did DV (not AOS but green cards all come from the same place) the rest of my family got their green cards weeks before I did - something went wrong in the production of mine. I was DV1 as well.

Well I have no way of knowing what your IO did or didn’t do, right? I already asked you guys to give it a couple of weeks to allow the GC to show up, it’s possible they didn’t get produced and mailed at the same time. I believe it’s a bit too soon for them to run out of VISAS. I don’t see the point in worrying over something one has no control over anyways, just exercise some patience for now.

Hi Mom ,

I had my Interview at the Minneapolis/st paul office on Monday, interview went well, nothing unusual. IO told me she will have to look at my application one more time and that i should check online status in one to two weeks. Today i received a text that my case has been updated , when i checked online it says" Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC*********, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action".

Does this meany anything? I called KCC yesterday to check whether my file had been requested and the officer told me she does not see any request yet.

It means your petition is under review, no decision has been made by your IO. It’s possible your IO needs a supervisor to review the petition and their proposed decision - this is not unusual in cases where an IO is new or isn’t authorized to make final decisions without further review by a third party.

Hi Mom,

Biometrics appointment invitation arrived today!

I have a few questions:
1) Looking at the information for my ASC, it states "This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday." I looked at a few random other locations and they state the same. Even though they state like this, people can still try to make a walk in, yes?
2) On average, how long does it take to complete the biometrics (in other words, what would be the latest time one can go for a walk in--2pm/3pm)?
3) From experience, is there a time frame in which it is better to go and being able to walk in. For instance, right at 8am when they open or closer to the end of the day?

Thank you Mom!!

Hi Mom,

Biometrics appointment invitation arrived today!

I have a few questions:
1) Looking at the information for my ASC, it states "This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday." I looked at a few random other locations and they state the same. Even though they state like this, people can still try to make a walk in, yes?
2) On average, how long does it take to complete the biometrics (in other words, what would be the latest time one can go for a walk in--2pm/3pm)?
3) From experience, is there a time frame in which it is better to go and being able to walk in. For instance, right at 8am when they open or closer to the end of the day?

Thank you Mom!!

1. One can always attempt going outside of their scheduled appointment, that’s why it’s called a “walk-in”
2. Bio processing is about 15 to 20 minutes. I don’t know, each ASC decides when and if they’re willing to take walk-in cases. Use your best judgment on when to attempt a walk in.
3. See 2 above.

Hello Mom!!
I received an email from KCC with 2 attached files (adjustment letter & DV fee form). Now I am looking for some clarifications about what I should do next.
1. Does the adjustment letter correspond to the 2NL?
2. I guess that now I have to send the check for the DV administrative fee. Am I right ?
3. I looked on the ESC website but my 1NL is still there. Is it Okay ?

Thanks for your time!!

Hello Mom!!
I received an email from KCC with 2 attached files (adjustment letter & DV fee form). Now I am looking for some clarifications about what I should do next.
1. Does the adjustment letter correspond to the 2NL?
2. I guess that now I have to send the check for the DV administrative fee. Am I right ?
3. I looked on the ESC website but my 1NL is still there. Is it Okay ?

Thanks for your time!!

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. That’s not going to change.

Going by the questions you’re asking, I get the impression you don’t have a good grasp of a DV based AOS process, so I suggest you spend some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to better prepare yourself:
http://goo.gl/0va2DU

Hi mom,
How are you?.
I received my biometric appointment yesterday by mail, the date on 18th of this month,1- can I do a walk-in? 2-They will let me to do that or what ?3-is there any risk to do walk-in?.

Hello,

I am a dv 2018 winner with cut-off number EU22***. The latest visa bulletin shows that I have an immediate visa available for August. I am living in USA, so I am planning to file i-485. However, I have some questions about the procedure that confuses me.

1. Even though my CN is for August, may i file i-485 in July?

2. I have already filed DS 260 and pay the fee of 330$ maybe even more than a year ago. However, I have not received 2NL yet. Is this normal? When should I expect to receive 2NL?

3. Can I file my i-485 without 2NL?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Hello again,

I have just checked the status of my DV-260 and it says my case is at NVC. And the instructions says that if I follow the AOS path, I need to reach NVC and let them know. I am very confused. I always thought that my case will be held by USCIS directly. Is it normal? Is there anyone who else experienced the same issues as I do?

Hello,

I am a dv 2018 winner with cut-off number EU22***. The latest visa bulletin shows that I have an immediate visa available for August. I am living in USA, so I am planning to file i-485. However, I have some questions about the procedure that confuses me.

1. Even though my CN is for August, may i file i-485 in July?

2. I have already filed DS 260 and pay the fee of 330$ maybe even more than a year ago. However, I have not received 2NL yet. Is this normal? When should I expect to receive 2NL?

3. Can I file my i-485 without 2NL?

1. You could have sent it as soon as July VB went out (almost 3 weeks ago)
2. No, you should have received it by now. You can contact KCC and confirm with them they're aware of your AOS route and ask them to send it again. However, see 3.
3. Yes, you can send it without 2NL (https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-72#post-2468457)

Hello again,

I have just checked the status of my DV-260 and it says my case is at NVC. And the instructions says that if I follow the AOS path, I need to reach NVC and let them know. I am very confused. I always thought that my case will be held by USCIS directly. Is it normal? Is there anyone who else experienced the same issues as I do?

Ignore your status on CEAC site (along with the generic message that's not applicable to your case). It only tracks cases that undergo consular processing.

Hi Mom,
I received my GC over the weekend. Thank you very much for all your help. My case was complicated and without your help it would have been impossible to reach the end. I appreciate everyone who contributes daily to this forum. You guys are amazing and I have nothing but love for you all. Thank you for providing answers time and time again to my questions. I certainly practiced a lot of patience during this process. My background check took about 5-6 months and after that I received an RFE letter, but during all this time I took the advice from Mom and just visited the office once a month. During my visits I realized that not all officers are created equal, some are way more helpful that the others.
If you please provide me with access I will gladly update my timeline.

Hi Mom,
I received my GC over the weekend. Thank you very much for all your help. My case was complicated and without your help it would have been impossible to reach the end. I appreciate everyone who contributes daily to this forum. You guys are amazing and I have nothing but love for you all. Thank you for providing answers time and time again to my questions. I certainly practiced a lot of patience during this process. My background check took about 5-6 months and after that I received an RFE letter, but during all this time I took the advice from Mom and just visited the office once a month. During my visits I realized that not all officers are created equal, some are way more helpful that the others.
If you please provide me with access I will gladly update my timeline.

This is great news. Congratulations! How about your wife and kid? Are they processing FTJ, or you’ll be sponsoring them later on?

Send access request directly from the timeline spreadsheet, or PM me your email address.

All the best!

Hey,

Have a question regarding DV administrative fee,
My CN will be current in August , and I am still waiting for my DV admin. fee receipt. I knows it takes about 2-4 weeks to get the receipt back and I can't send my i-485 without it...
1) The only way to get the receipt is by mail?
2) Is there any way to rush it?

Thanks.