• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hey,

Have a question regarding DV administrative fee,
My CN will be current in August , and I am still waiting for my DV admin. fee receipt. I knows it takes about 2-4 weeks to get the receipt back and I can't send my i-485 without it...
1) The only way to get the receipt is by mail?
2) Is there any way to rush it?

Thanks.

You can email KCC to find out if a copy of the receipt can be mailed back to you.

Hi Mom!

We just came back from a successful biometrics walk-in. I am assuming that we now just have to wait for our invitation letter for an interview.

1) Will the interview invitation only be sent out once the background check clears or/and are there other steps that need to be cleared first?
2) Looking at the timeline, people have received the invitation in as little as only a few days to many months after they had their biometrics done. Given we are in mid July already, at what point do we take an initiative if we have not received the invitation (aka, how long do we wait until we do something)?
3) What steps can we take if the waiting period becomes too long?

Thank you~

Hi Mom!

We just came back from a successful biometrics walk-in. I am assuming that we now just have to wait for our invitation letter for an interview.

1) Will the interview invitation only be sent out once the background check clears or/and are there other steps that need to be cleared first?
2) Looking at the timeline, people have received the invitation in as little as only a few days to many months after they had their biometrics done. Given we are in mid July already, at what point do we take an initiative if we have not received the invitation (aka, how long do we wait until we do something)?
3) What steps can we take if the waiting period becomes too long?

Thank you~

Congratulations on a successful walk in attempt.

1. When you get the IL depends on your FO’s practice and their works load. They may decide to send out the IL while the background check is pending, or wait until it clears before scheduling and sending out an IL.

2. Don’t focus on people, focus on your own FO. Identify how long it took similar cases from your FO to get their IL.

3. Go on INFOPASS appointment to follow up in person.

Congratulations on a successful walk in attempt.

1. When you get the IL depends on your FO’s practice and their works load. They may decide to send out the IL while the background check is pending, or wait until it clears before scheduling and sending out an IL.

2. Don’t focus on people, focus on your own FO. Identify how long it took similar cases from your FO to get their IL.

3. Go on INFOPASS appointment to follow up in person.

Thank you for your quick reply.

1) Understood.
2) Unfortunately, there is only one other case on this year's timeline that is from California and that FO is far away from mine (it took them 1.5 months though). From the 2017 timeline there is one case from the same field office which took 15 days after the biometrics to receive the invitation (but it was October/November time frame). After how much time would you suggest to book an Infopass appointment?
3) Understood.

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply.

1) Understood.
2) Unfortunately, there is only one other case on this year's timeline that is from California and that FO is far away from mine (it took them 1.5 months though). From the 2017 timeline there is one case from the same field office which took 15 days after the biometrics to receive the invitation (but it was October/November time frame). After how much time would you suggest to book an Infopass appointment?
3) Understood.

Again, you can’t focus on all the FOs in California, there’s several of them, their information is not relevant to yours.

So which is your specific FO?

Again, you can’t focus on all the FOs in California, there’s several of them, their information is not relevant to yours.

So which is your specific FO?

I know.. I don't know from where else I can get this kind of information.

My FO is the one in Santa Ana, California.

I know.. I don't know from where else I can get this kind of information.

My FO is the one in Santa Ana, California.

I think we have Timelines spreadsheets from 2011, did you check them all? The timeline spreadsheet is meant to give an idea of each FO’s average processing time. Yes it may not have all the FOs listed since there are so many other DV AOSers who do not belong to this forum or bother to update the spreadsheet. So even if you’re able to locate one case for your FO from 2011 to-date (and I know there’s more than one by the way), you make an educated guess based on what you see on when you could possibly get an interview letter, and if nothing shows up two to three weeks after that, you begin to follow up with your FO.

I think we have Timelines spreadsheets from 2011, did you check them all? The timeline spreadsheet is meant to give an idea of each FO’s average processing time. Yes it may not have all the FOs listed since there are so many other DV AOSers who do not belong to this forum or bother to update the spreadsheet. So even if you’re able to locate one case for your FO from 2011 to-date (and I know there’s more than one by the way), you make an educated guess based on what you see on when you could possibly get an interview letter, and if nothing shows up two to three weeks after that, you begin to follow up with your FO.

Understood! Thank you very much :)

I went through all sheets and found 3 at the Santa Ana location for which the biometrics date (either scheduled or walk-in) as well as the interview letter date was available. I got 92 days, 17 days and 1 day for processing, which would give me an average of around 37 days (although 1 day seems very low, I suppose it is possible).

I did want to inform you (just in case you were not aware) that for 2011, the link brings you to the timeline from 2017 and the 2012 timeline link is missing.

Thank for your support!

I went through all sheets and found 3 at the Santa Ana location for which the biometrics date (either scheduled or walk-in) as well as the interview letter date was available. I got 92 days, 17 days and 1 day for processing, which would give me an average of around 37 days (although 1 day seems very low, I suppose it is possible).

I did want to inform you (just in case you were not aware) that for 2011, the link brings you to the timeline from 2017 and the 2012 timeline link is missing.

Thank for your support!

Thanks for the update. Will fix the 2011 link shortly, can’t locate the 2012 file.

Hi Mom,

I have never received the confirmation AOS fee of $1,225 (the one that they told us to attach the empty self-addressed envelope along with the package). I just called the USCIS, asked for the copy in e-mail, and they said the I797 is enough of the proof.

My question : Is this normal? And can I just tell the IO that this is the answer I got from the call center?

How critical is including high school certificate and university degree in AoS package. Mine are abroad and will take time to acquire. Could they hypothetically be left out of the packet but brought to the interview. Or are they critical. Thank you!

Hi Mom,

I have never received the confirmation AOS fee of $1,225 (the one that they told us to attach the empty self-addressed envelope along with the package). I just called the USCIS, asked for the copy in e-mail, and they said the I797 is enough of the proof.

My question : Is this normal? And can I just tell the IO that this is the answer I got from the call center?

Hmm??? Where did you come across the instructions to attach a SAE to the $1,225 AOS fee??

How critical is including high school certificate and university degree in AoS package. Mine are abroad and will take time to acquire. Could they hypothetically be left out of the packet but brought to the interview. Or are they critical. Thank you!

You can take them to your interview appointment. Not including them in the AOS package just means your FO will definitely not be able to approve your petition without those documents IF your FO was considering approval without an interview.

Hi Mom!

I have two questions and hope you can help me out.

First, regarding the DS-260: I recognized that I listed my (2y old) child, which is a US citizen (it is born in the US, but also citizen of my home country, but it only has a US passport), on the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. I just checked my copy of the submitted form. I provided the proper information for 'Country Where Child Was Born' = 'United States Of America', however, I overlooked that this form states that U.S. citizens shouldn't be included at all. Now, on the DS-260 you cannot select 'United States Of America' in the 'Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)' drop-down list, which makes it unfeasible to finish its DS-260. Does that now disqualify my entry? I planned to contact KCC to remove him from my case - I dearly hope that this is possible.

Second, I am currently on a J1, and a new employer is in process to file a O1 visa on my behalf. My CN will be current in August and the employer is planning to submit a change of status by the end of August. Do you think there will be an issue if I file the AOS in August or should I wait until I may have received the O1 to apply for an AOS?

Thank you for your time and response!

Hmm??? Where did you come across the instructions to attach a SAE to the $1,225 AOS fee??
I downloaded the form some time ago, it was similar to the $330 one where you put the amount of payment and how many people you're filing for.
I could not find it now on the website. I understand now that it is not needed.
Thank you.

Hi Mom and every one.
I am preparing the I134 form for sponsorship. One of my friends is gonna be my sponsor and she is getting paid like mine as a graduate student. her salary is more than 20k$ a year at least for last year and currently. Is there any specific requirement other than enough wage that a sponsor should have? I meant is it Ok that she is a student?
By the way, she is a citizen.

Thanks

Hi Mom!

I have two questions and hope you can help me out.

First, regarding the DS-260: I recognized that I listed my (2y old) child, which is a US citizen (it is born in the US, but also citizen of my home country, but it only has a US passport), on the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. I just checked my copy of the submitted form. I provided the proper information for 'Country Where Child Was Born' = 'United States Of America', however, I overlooked that this form states that U.S. citizens shouldn't be included at all. Now, on the DS-260 you cannot select 'United States Of America' in the 'Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)' drop-down list, which makes it unfeasible to finish its DS-260. Does that now disqualify my entry? I planned to contact KCC to remove him from my case - I dearly hope that this is possible.

Second, I am currently on a J1, and a new employer is in process to file a O1 visa on my behalf. My CN will be current in August and the employer is planning to submit a change of status by the end of August. Do you think there will be an issue if I file the AOS in August or should I wait until I may have received the O1 to apply for an AOS?

Thank you for your time and response!

1. Don’t stress over this, you’re fine. KCC will not remove the child from showing up on your case as your dependent.

2. I hope you do realize the AOS petition MUST be approved by Sept. 30th, no DV 2018 petition will be processed after that. Which means if you’re waiting until August before filing, you’re cutting it pretty close. And I’m not sure why you’re even considering waiting until after getting O1 status approval before filing AOS - FYI: you’re looking at months of waiting before USCIS approves O1 change of status.

I downloaded the form some time ago, it was similar to the $330 one where you put the amount of payment and how many people you're filing for.
I could not find it now on the website. I understand now that it is not needed.
Thank you.

Well I certainly have no idea what form it is you’re talking about. Form G-1450 which is used for AOS electronic fee payment does not require a SAE to be sent in with it, and it only covers one person per petition (it does not allow for multiple number of people like you described above). So I’m convinced you’ve got things mixed up.