• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Spend all the money on MBA. I might be able to borrow from someone now. Why would I become a public charge? If I had a bad time getting money, then it does not mean that I am broke forever :)

So, I got 2 month left. If I pay the fee, medical exam (150 in Chicago), and send AOS with $1,225 AOS fees until 20th of July then I will have to wait 2 month until they call me for an interview right ?
I would say IO only care about FACT, for my case I didnot include i134 because 1st i have a job and my annual income is above poverty line, 2nd we include bank statement with the total amount to 6 figures. They will not know if all the fee paid by borrowing(and probably they don't care), but when you prepare AOS package, you have to show you won't be public charge.
Another thing is since it's CURRENT now, that means everyone got picked DV2018 can submit. You are running not just time, but also other selectees. And it is not guarantee that you submit AOS package will lead you to interview. The visa amount is limited 50,000 visa, and are running out not only by AOSers inside US but also CPers worldwide.

Also I came across you mention health exam, I don't know about you. But my case is the health exam took me a week. Something you have to know 1st the Vaccine history do you have fully prepare? Any documents show you had those shots in your birth country before? Doctor will not give you check on vaccine given just by you said so. Another is my case, my spouse did not have fully vaccine history, so she have to take a testing shot first then re-visit back to doctor after 3 days for the reacting result. And depends on the reaction, doctor will give justification. (My spouse has positive reaction on tuberculosis test, so doctor cannot check on that column. He asked us to took X-ray, so we took another X-ray test on lungs and the radiation physician concluded my spouse is ok. Then the report transfer back to the uscis certified doctor. He then check the TB test as ok.) These all take times......

Last thing is to Check in the time sheet with your FO processing time. To see others' processing time.

Just my 2 cents

And I also told you a DV based EAD wasn’t necessary if you already had a current asylum based EAD card, but you still included the form in your AOS package which is the reason you got two NOAs. There was no need to have included that form in your package, so why did you include it?
I already sent my AOS package, before I talked to you, now can I call the USCIS and talk to them about that? What’s your advice?.

I already sent my AOS package, before I talked to you, now can I call the USCIS and talk to them about that? What’s your advice?.
I have some thoughts on you "having two EAD cards", but I'm not sure if it's correct.
If I were you, call 800 number and try talk to tier 2 officer for details. (Would recommend call/talk to more than just one tier 2 officer. From my personal experience, some tier2 officer know a lot, some not that much....)

I don’t think there’s anything to call the USCIS about, the EAD card production will continue. If it gets produced and sent before Sept. 30th (which I highly doubt), it will have no impact on your current asylum status/case as long as you don’t use the AOS based EAD card to work.

Hi, one question, I am waiting for the new visa bulletin to submit my AOS as soon as my number for September comes up. Is it still necessary to attach the "Early Filing Policy Memo"?

@sturmkrahe12 - please don’t duplicate the same poston multiple threads. Wait patiently for the other post to be answered. Plus, the AOS thread is for AOS related questions only.

Hi, one question, I am waiting for the new visa bulletin to submit my AOS as soon as my number for September comes up. Is it still necessary to attach the "Early Filing Policy Memo"?

It’s not “necessary”, it however wouldn’t hurt either.

Hi Lcky7,

While I am not finished with the process quite yet, I have gone through the majority of the steps that are involved in the AoS process.

I highly recommend you to take a look at this year's timeline that you can access from mom's spreadsheet. It shows all the major milestones one has to go through. After sending in the package to the Chicago Lockbox (assuming they accept your package) you will receive an acceptance e-mail/text/NOA letter and then receive an invitation for the biometrics appointment and thereafter you would receive an invitation letter for an interview (again assuming you have all documents included. You could also be approved for a GC without an interview if you send in all required documents).

Good luck!
I am same your timeline. I didn’t receive my biometrics letter until now. Do you think is lost ? Do you recommend me to call USCIS customer service? Or I fill out this form https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do better than calling them.

Last edited:
I am same your timeline. I didn’t receive my biometrics letter until now. Do you think is lost ? Do you recommend me to call USCIS customer service? Or I fill out this form https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do better than calling them.

Hi Yosef,

First of all, I feel bad for you that the biometrics letter did not arrive yet.

In regards to your next steps, I recommend the following. Mom had asked you to put your information into the timeline spreadsheet so that she can look at the specific dates and help you with what to do next. Please do so (I looked but couldn't find the name "yosef" nor someone with the same timeline as me that did not receive the biometrics letter).

Unfortunately, I do not know which of the options you listed you should follow, however, again, input your information into the sheet and I am sure mom will advise you on your next steps. If you do not want to upload your data (mom will have a hard time helping you then), I would call USCIS first and go from there. But please keep in mind, throughout my journey here, I have relied on mom 100% so I would do how she asks and then she will be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Hi there,

1. In the I-485 instructions it says that you need to provide evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative entrants in the entry when entering the DV lottery. What is the best way to show this? I'm thinking of using the DS-260 confirmation page which shows we all have the same case number?

2. In your AOS spreadsheet what is "email from KCC - 2nd NL confirmation notice"?

Hi Yosef,

First of all, I feel bad for you that the biometrics letter did not arrive yet.

In regards to your next steps, I recommend the following. Mom had asked you to put your information into the timeline spreadsheet so that she can look at the specific dates and help you with what to do next. Please do so (I looked but couldn't find the name "yosef" nor someone with the same timeline as me that did not receive the biometrics letter).

Unfortunately, I do not know which of the options you listed you should follow, however, again, input your information into the sheet and I am sure mom will advise you on your next steps. If you do not want to upload your data (mom will have a hard time helping you then), I would call USCIS first and go from there. But please keep in mind, throughout my journey here, I have relied on mom 100% so I would do how she asks and then she will be able to help you out.

Good luck!
I called them and they told me I have to wait 30 days until I call back. So I have to wait no other option. I just started so I don’t have much infomrmation to put in spreadsheet but I will put what I have.

I have some thoughts on you "having two EAD cards", but I'm not sure if it's correct.
If I were you, call 800 number and try talk to tier 2 officer for details. (Would recommend call/talk to more than just one tier 2 officer. From my personal experience, some tier2 officer know a lot, some not that much....)
Hi Mx,
No, I don’t have 2 EAD, now I have just one and it will get expired on January 19th 2019, but I sent I-765 with AOS package, so I received 2 receipts number one for I-485 & the 2nd one for I-765.
I called the USCIS and they asked me about my EAD expire date and they told me you can send it 3 months prior to the expiration date but since you already sent it so it’s ok, you will receive your new EAD ON 26th of January next year.

I don’t think there’s anything to call the USCIS about, the EAD card production will continue. If it gets produced and sent before Sept. 30th (which I highly doubt), it will have no impact on your current asylum status/case as long as you don’t use the AOS based EAD card to work.
Thanks mom, I called them and they asked me about the expiration date of my EAD and told me everything is fine and you may receive your new EAD on January 26th next year.
My last question if you don’t mind, that won’t affect my DV CASE am I right?

I called them and they told me I have to wait 30 days until I call back. So I have to wait no other option. I just started so I don’t have much infomrmation to put in spreadsheet but I will put what I have.

Yosef,

Just to confirm, you did do and receive all of the following:
- Sent AoS package to the Chicago Lockbox
- Check was cashed by the Chicago Lockbox
- Received Notice of Action (I-797)

Thanks.

Should I send my AOS I-485 package im the same envelope with my wife's and children's packages or each one in a separate one?

Hi there,

1. In the I-485 instructions it says that you need to provide evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative entrants in the entry when entering the DV lottery. What is the best way to show this? I'm thinking of using the DS-260 confirmation page which shows we all have the same case number?

2. In your AOS spreadsheet what is "email from KCC - 2nd NL confirmation notice"?

1. The only real proof is a copy of the actual eDV registration form submitted back in 2016. DS confirmation page does not prove a derivative was included in the original entry. Most people do not have a copy of the eDV registration form (most never save the form) so not having that evidence will not be an issue.

2. The email KCC sends acknowledging their awareness of your intention to process AOS.

Yes follow up with the Omaha FO in person.
Hey Mom,
So I attended an info-pass appointment at the Omaha field office this past Tuesday, and once I was there the officer I spoke to was surprised that my case was transferred from the Minneapolis/Saint Paul field office to the Omaha field office, and he went inside to speak with a supervisor for 20-30 minutes, then he came to me and said the supervisor looked into your case and everything looks fine and I should hear back soon. I asked to speak with the supervisor and explained to him that I drove all the way from Minnesota. She came out to talk to me and she was really nice and said she looked into my file and she has everything she needed to approve my case and she was even surprised that why it took this long and it was not approved over there in Minnesota. She took my email and phone number and she said she will approve my case within 48 hours and she will email me. I told her that my file was not requested from KCC and she thanked me from reminding her of doing that and she said she has not dealt with DV cases before.

Gladly, I received an email from her saying that she approved my case and I should receive my green card within the next 45 business days. However, I've been calling KCC since Tuesday till just an hour before I received her email, and they have been saying my file was not reqested yet. and I was not able to call them after I received the email because they were closed, and the case online still says "you attended your interview and we are still reviewing your case" . I don't know if I am overthinking this and over-stressing about it but isn't strange that she approved the case before requesting my file from KCC (taking into consideration she has not dealt with DV cases before)? Should I reply to her email thanking her and reminding/asking her if she requested my file?

(Sorry for the long post and I will be posting a detailed description about my case and update my time in the spreadsheet as soon as I receive my green card, hopefully)

Thanks mom, I called them and they asked me about the expiration date of my EAD and told me everything is fine and you may receive your new EAD on January 26th next year.
My last question if you don’t mind, that won’t affect my DV CASE am I right?

Like I said before there was no need to call USCIS, you called nonetheless and they gave you some misleading information.

An AOS based EAD card is different from an asylum based EAD card, they utilize different codes which needs to be specified on the I-765 form. An asylum based EAD WILL NOT be sent out on Jan. 26th 2019 based of the I-765 form you submitted with your AOS package, that form is for an AOS based EAD. If for some reason your AOS petition is not approved by Sept 30th 2018, which means you remain as asylum pending and you do not send in a new I-765 for a replacement asylum based EAD card in a timely manner, a new EAD card will not be generated by Jan. 26th, just so you know.

Hey Mom,
So I attended an info-pass appointment at the Omaha field office this past Tuesday, and once I was there the officer I spoke to was surprised that my case was transferred from the Minneapolis/Saint Paul field office to the Omaha field office, and he went inside to speak with a supervisor for 20-30 minutes, then he came to me and said the supervisor looked into your case and everything looks fine and I should hear back soon. I asked to speak with the supervisor and explained to him that I drove all the way from Minnesota. She came out to talk to me and she was really nice and said she looked into my file and she has everything she needed to approve my case and she was even surprised that why it took this long and it was not approved over there in Minnesota. She took my email and phone number and she said she will approve my case within 48 hours and she will email me. I told her that my file was not requested from KCC and she thanked me from reminding her of doing that and she said she has not dealt with DV cases before.

Gladly, I received an email from her saying that she approved my case and I should receive my green card within the next 45 business days. However, I've been calling KCC since Tuesday till just an hour before I received her email, and they have been saying my file was not reqested yet. and I was not able to call them after I received the email because they were closed, and the case online still says "you attended your interview and we are still reviewing your case" . I don't know if I am overthinking this and over-stressing about it but isn't strange that she approved the case before requesting my file from KCC (taking into consideration she has not dealt with DV cases before)? Should I reply to her email thanking her and reminding/asking her if she requested my file?

(Sorry for the long post and I will be posting a detailed description about my case and update my time in the spreadsheet as soon as I receive my green card, hopefully)

Why not wait until tomorrow and give KCC another call to find out if the case file was requested? Yeah, it will be unusual for the case to be approved without the KCC file, but then your process hasn’t been a usual one itself, right :)? I mean IOs typically don’t send out emails confirming petition approval, I don’t think she will put it in writing if she’s yet to approve the case. So B.R.E.A.T.H!