• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hey Mom,
So I attended an info-pass appointment at the Omaha field office this past Tuesday, and once I was there the officer I spoke to was surprised that my case was transferred from the Minneapolis/Saint Paul field office to the Omaha field office, and he went inside to speak with a supervisor for 20-30 minutes, then he came to me and said the supervisor looked into your case and everything looks fine and I should hear back soon. I asked to speak with the supervisor and explained to him that I drove all the way from Minnesota. She came out to talk to me and she was really nice and said she looked into my file and she has everything she needed to approve my case and she was even surprised that why it took this long and it was not approved over there in Minnesota. She took my email and phone number and she said she will approve my case within 48 hours and she will email me. I told her that my file was not requested from KCC and she thanked me from reminding her of doing that and she said she has not dealt with DV cases before.

Gladly, I received an email from her saying that she approved my case and I should receive my green card within the next 45 business days. However, I've been calling KCC since Tuesday till just an hour before I received her email, and they have been saying my file was not reqested yet. and I was not able to call them after I received the email because they were closed, and the case online still says "you attended your interview and we are still reviewing your case" . I don't know if I am overthinking this and over-stressing about it but isn't strange that she approved the case before requesting my file from KCC (taking into consideration she has not dealt with DV cases before)? Should I reply to her email thanking her and reminding/asking her if she requested my file?

(Sorry for the long post and I will be posting a detailed description about my case and update my time in the spreadsheet as soon as I receive my green card, hopefully)
Crossing fingers for a quick resolution. I’m glad the Omaha office was so helpful to you! Always good to hear positive experiences, especially after complications have occurred.

Hello mom , do you think if I go for infopass they can do my biometrics without my biometrics appointment? Just I do it with receipt paper. Thanks

When the file is requested from the KCC, does it mean my file is at the field office for sure or could it still be at the National Benefits Center?
Thank you.

When the file is requested from the KCC, does it mean my file is at the field office for sure or could it still be at the National Benefits Center?
Thank you.

KCC doesn’t get sent via NBC, it goes directly from
the NBC to the applicable FO.

Hi Mom,
My question is:
Processing the AOS based on DV for pending asylum seeker with proper documentation and filing for asylum within the visa validity, is it a federal law or the decision refer to the IO officer at the end, whether by approval or denial ?
Thanks

Hi there,

1. In the I-485 instructions it says that you need to provide evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative entrants in the entry when entering the DV lottery. What is the best way to show this? I'm thinking of using the DS-260 confirmation page which shows we all have the same case number?

2. In your AOS spreadsheet what is "email from KCC - 2nd NL confirmation notice"?

So after you fill DS-260 andfinished submit,

You should receive 2 docs

1. Consular Electronic Application Center – this is about 8~9 pages, it includes all the question/answer of yours input for DS-260

2. Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Confirmation Page – this will be about 2pages. see below pic

~~~~ attachment deleted ~~~~~

And this will have your DV case number on lower left and with a barcode. All your derivatives will have a separate doc like this one and have the same DV case number in lower left.

2NL as below pic send from KCC, which just KCC inform you they acknowledge you will proceed via AOS

~~~~~~ attachment deleted ~~~~~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mom , do you think if I go for infopass they can do my biometrics without my biometrics appointment? Just I do it with receipt paper. Thanks
Based on my experience, bio is taken at ASC not at FO. FO can do infopass, but probably not biometrics.
Even to walk-in for biometrics at ASC, you must have this, it will have designated ASC with date,time. Without this you cannot do walk-in biometrics.

~~~~~ attachment deleted ~~~~~~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mom,
My question is:
Processing the AOS based on DV for pending asylum seeker with proper documentation and filing for asylum within the visa validity, is it a federal law or the decision refer to the IO officer at the end, whether by approval or denial ?
Thanks

IOs are required to adjudicate ALL immigration petitions they’re responsible for based on immigration laws. They may, at their discretion decide to broadly interpret an applicable immigration law or do a deep dive on a case, it all depends on what they see when reviewing each petition. The same way a court of justice judge can decide to be lenient or fully apply the punishment applicable to an accused as determined by the law.

You’ve already seen my response to that question.
Hello Mom
I have already seen your response and I am thankful for that. However, I also called USCIS to ask whether it won't be a problem to do the medical exam in another which is not the state having jurisdiction over my petition and they told it won't cause any issue as long as the medical exam is done in the US and by a CS recommended by USCIS.

Thanks!

Hello Mom
I have already seen your response and I am thankful for that. However, I also called USCIS to ask whether it won't be a problem to do the medical exam in another which is not the state having jurisdiction over my petition and they told it won't cause any issue as long as the medical exam is done in the US and by a CS recommended by USCIS.

Thanks!

Yeah you saw my response, BUT I don’t think you paid attention to what I wrote. I never said doing so could be a problem or cause an issue. Here is precisely what I wrote:

“Preferable to do it with an approved CS in the State with jurisdiction over your petition.”
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-164#post-2477580

Anyway, your case your call.

Hi mom,
I did my biometrics this morning and am now waiting for interview letter for AS126XX.

1. In xarthisius' August 2NL pulls, I noticed that the AOS cases remain 'At NVC' whereas CP cases progress onto 'Ready', etc. Will AOS cases change status only after the interview is completed or after interview is scheduled?
2. If my case number is 'At NVC' in the August 2NL file, does this mean my interview will likely be scheduled in September?
3. During the biometrics interview, they didn't have me check any application information for correctness before I signed. Is that normal?

Thank you for your kind help!

Hi mom,
I did my biometrics this morning and am now waiting for interview letter for AS126XX.

1. In xarthisius' August 2NL pulls, I noticed that the AOS cases remain 'At NVC' whereas CP cases progress onto 'Ready', etc. Will AOS cases change status only after the interview is completed or after interview is scheduled?
2. If my case number is 'At NVC' in the August 2NL file, does this mean my interview will likely be scheduled in September?
3. During the biometrics interview, they didn't have me check any application information for correctness before I signed. Is that normal?

Thank you for your kind help!

1. CEAC data, which is what @Xarthisius file is based on, is irrelevant to AOSers.
2. See 1.
3. Yes.

Why not wait until tomorrow and give KCC another call to find out if the case file was requested? Yeah, it will be unusual for the case to be approved without the KCC file, but then your process hasn’t been a usual one itself, right :)? I mean IOs typically don’t send out emails confirming petition approval, I don’t think she will put it in writing if she’s yet to approve the case. So B.R.E.A.T.H!
Hey Mom,

No, it has not been a usual case and it is driving me insane o_Oo_Oo_O
So here is an update of what happened so far and I hope to hear your input.
- I called KCC tow times today, first early in the morning, second just few minutes before this post. And they said my file has not been requested yet
- I emailed back the officer early this morning thanking her and reminded/asked her to request my file from KCC but no response yet. I called the officer I spoke with first when I was at the Omaha field office but he has not answered ( he was nice and give me his card and asked me to Email/call him if I needed anything instead of driving from MN)
- I checked my case online just few minutes before writing this post, and it changed to say "On July 12, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ****************, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address"
( I wanted to attach screenshots of the email & case status online but for some reason I was not able to)

So, I am just worried that even if I received the green card, I don't want to face any technical issues with it. From what I understand the file has to be requested from KCC before even making the decision regarding the case to check availability and reserve a visa number for my case and that's what the person from KCC that I spoke with this morning kept emphasizing.

I'm sorry mom for keep bothering you but it's always a relief to hear your input about my case and how to proceed.

Hey Mom,

No, it has not been a usual case and it is driving me insane o_Oo_Oo_O
So here is an update of what happened so far and I hope to hear your input.
- I called KCC tow times today, first early in the morning, second just few minutes before this post. And they said my file has not been requested yet
- I emailed back the officer early this morning thanking her and reminded/asked her to request my file from KCC but no response yet. I called the officer I spoke with first when I was at the Omaha field office but he has not answered ( he was nice and give me his card and asked me to Email/call him if I needed anything instead of driving from MN)
- I checked my case online just few minutes before writing this post, and it changed to say "On July 12, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ****************, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address"
( I wanted to attach screenshots of the email & case status online but for some reason I was not able to)

So, I am just worried that even if I received the green card, I don't want to face any technical issues with it. From what I understand the file has to be requested from KCC before even making the decision regarding the case to check availability and reserve a visa number for my case and that's what the person from KCC that I spoke with this morning kept emphasizing.

I'm sorry mom for keep bothering you but it's always a relief to hear your input about my case and how to proceed.

CONGRATULATIONS :):) are in order in your case. I understand you concern regarding the KCC step not appearing to be in order. The KCC file isn’t required in order to do a visa reservation, they request the file for the purpose of cross checking and combining your immigration files, they will figure it out eventually. I’m sure it’s not something you need to continue stressing and worrying over. No technicalities you have to worry about now or in the future.

Look forward to getting your GC in the mail and have a great new life in the US as a LPR ;)

I have now an EAC expiring in December (labor certification). For this process I did my biometrics already. My current status for that process is waiting for interview and as far as I know it could take up to two years. But, in parallel I won the DV and my visa number is now ready to be filed in September, so I can file now.
Should I file for the DV or just keep waiting for the other one?
Do I have to go to biometrics even when I already did?
Any suggestion in my position?

I have now an EAC expiring in December (labor certification). For this process I did my biometrics already. My current status for that process is waiting for interview and as far as I know it could take up to two years. But, in parallel I won the DV and my visa number is now ready to be filed in September, so I can file now.
Should I file for the DV or just keep waiting for the other one?
Do I have to go to biometrics even when I already did?
Any suggestion in my position?

It’s worth pursuing the DV selection.

USCIS will make the determination, depending on when the bio was done, as to whether a new bio will be required or not.

Hey guys. I went infopass today and they print the date for my biometrics. They are nice. I asked them to do biometrics today and the supervisor refused.
My advise anyone miss paper make infopass and go to them they will print it for you if they have it in the sestem.

First try your congress person - request for them to do a follow up on your behalf before going on another INFOPASS appointment. You can book the appointment in advance though.

To mj06753,
I wanted to share something with you. I am in Houston as well. I had an infopass today, my second one. The officer today and the previous one were very knowledgeable and helpful. You might have talked to someone who didn't know what he/she was talking about. They both could see my file is with the IO and ready to schedule an interview (there is only one IO in Houston trained to adjudicate DV cases). They also both could see my background check has cleared. The first one back in June told me I would receive an interview letter any day. Since I haven't received it, I had my second infopass today. So this is important for you to know. The one from today went to talk to the IO that adjudicates DV cases. She came back saying the office in Houston is back logged and that is why they haven't scheduled DV interviews these two months. The supervisor is the one who assigns days for DV interviews. And that they had assigned August 7 for pending DV interviews. So she told me that with a 99.9% certainty that would be the day and my interview letter should arrive within the coming days. I assuming yours as well.
Good luck!