Voting Before Naturalization Can Cause you Problems

Maslouj I have been following your story for a while and I'm so happy for you congrats and hang in there. My case is some what similar to your so it gives me hope best of luck 2 u and ur fam.

Can we bring family members with us to the ceremony?

Yes, but contrary to some other advice here, it depends on the Court being used, based on size I guess. My instructions are to arrive on my own for check-in 30 minutes before the ceremony is scheduled. Friends and relatives will not be admitted until the Ceremony start time. My guess that means about 5 minutes or so before.

They state that if F&F arrive with you they will be made to wait outside. They warn that may mean waiting in any kind of weather. In Phx, Summer temps can be at 108 and up to 121 and that would not be fun for half an hour.

They state that if F&F arrive with you they will be made to wait outside. They warn that may mean waiting in any kind of weather. In Phx, Summer temps can be at 108 and up to 121 and that would not be fun for half an hour.

I believe it depends. In Philadelphia DO, it does not matter there is no limitation on that

Maslouj I have been following your story for a while and I'm so happy for you congrats and hang in there. My case is some what similar to your so it gives me hope best of luck 2 u and ur fam.

I am glad to hear that my case gives you a little hope. I think you will be okay as long as you are honest and have not done it within the 3-5 year priod. I wish you a very good luck and I am sure you will be okay. Thanks

congra !!!!:D where is our Pizza you promise long time ago........

I am still waiting for Microsoft to get back with me on the e-Pizza I asked for:D
You guys deserve a lot of respect and thanks. The best thing I can do is "Pass it Along" when someone does something nice for me, I have to do something good for others and so on so we can spread good in this crazy world.:)

I'm genuinely happy that your case was resolved in your favor. Now that it's over, will you be voting in this coming election? ;)

The waiting, stress and fear is all over now guys. I received my letter yesterday and I thank God for answering my and everyone else prayers for this. I thank you all for the support and the help you have provided me with during these crazy times and I am very proud to be a citizen of this great country. USA USA USA USA.
I cannot wait until the ceremony day.
Please keep helping others, and remember what goes around comes around so make sure you do good for others so good can come back at you and bless your lives.
Thank you so much for everything.

Congratulations maslouj!.
When you beleive and trust by all your senses that you didn't really mean to violate any thing knowingly ,you had never had the bad intention and your soul knows it and if thrusted because of ignorance,then prevail on that.
It is from an 'inadvertant' actions.
That is what you have done!.
Prevailed on the true facts ,projected them and left the decision .And here you go!.
You will be going to reach the finsh and to the finale!
Tell us after your oath.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I am not a lawyer and I am just a lay man without any legal knowledge. !
Read the above STRICTLY at your own risk.

Thank you newapplicant. I wish you the best in your life as well. I feel like a big rock just got off my back. I got used to this country and I built my life here, it could have been devastating for my family and I to leave after we have fully integrated into the culture, society and style of life of this great country. I am so pleased and thankful and I will make sure I continue to contribute good in this country.

I'm genuinely happy that your case was resolved in your favor. Now that it's over, will you be voting in this coming election? ;)

Here is your answer from LRP:)
"I can confidentally say he will maintain his residency at least 5 miles radius from any polling booth.

Never drives on the road which is close to a polling station.

He will ask the voting agency to file a restraining oder against him... so he never ever mistakenly goes close to all things voting.

He will ask Feds to invent a V-chip for TV so that any voting or election related programs will exceed the ratings and will be turned off.":D:p

The waiting, stress and fear is all over now guys. I received my letter yesterday and I thank God for answering my and everyone else prayers for this. I thank you all for the support and the help you have provided me with during these crazy times and I am very proud to be a citizen of this great country. USA USA USA USA.
I cannot wait until the ceremony day.
Please keep helping others, and remember what goes around comes around so make sure you do good for others so good can come back at you and bless your lives.
Thank you so much for everything.

Congrats Maslouj!!!!!!!
This is a great news.

This thing really proves that sometimes lawyers are not necessary and we, the people :) can govern all issues arising from the requirements.

I think some reform needs to be there in the requirements for LPRs and N400 applicants.
They treat a guy who mistakenly signed for voting similar as a criminal who had a dead hooker in cabinet :eek::eek:

Seriously, there are cases of 1000s of voter frauds- I saw last year that someone signed himself as "Wal Mart" and give the address as that of a walmart location.

We need to FIX voter registration system. It should NOT let you register if you are not a citizen - PERIOD. So the onus SHOULD be on govt , not the individual.

Heck, I can even apply to become the CEO of Morgan Stanley - that does NOT make me a criminal ( if I dont have the qualifications?):rolleyes::rolleyes:

When I become a citizen, I will RALLY to have changes made to determine what are CIMT and what are not.
People who are discovered to have filled a form for voting should not be barred from N400 if it can be proved they DID NOT infringe on material rights of citizens.

They need to end the practice of routinely handing out voter registration forms at the DMV when people apply for a license. Instead, give out the voter registration form when the person is receiving the license, or if the person specifically asks for a voter registration form (so it is clear that the person has the specific intent to register). Otherwise, when they hand out the forms during the process of applying, people tend to see it as just another form they need to sign to obtain a license, without stopping to read the details before signing.

Heck, I can even apply to become the CEO of Morgan Stanley - that does NOT make me a criminal ( if I dont have the qualifications?):rolleyes::rolleyes:
Actually, I think you have to already be a criminal to apply to be the CEO of Morgan Stanley. Or Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan or Bank of America or any of those other big financial institutions that wrecked the economy. Honest people not allowed :rolleyes:

They need to end the practice of routinely handing out voter registration forms at the DMV when people apply for a license. Instead, give out the voter registration form when the person is receiving the license, or if the person specifically asks for a voter registration form (so it is clear that the person has the specific intent to register). Otherwise, when they hand out the forms during the process of applying, people tend to see it as just another form they need to sign to obtain a license, without stopping to read the details before signing.

I think the best thing to do is : give everyone a permanent resident almanae
(like thsy give a citizen's almanae to every natualized citizen) when everyone get GC. In the handbook, give strong warning about deportation consequences of all possible actions.

I think the best thing to do is : give everyone a permanent resident almanae
(like thsy give a citizen's almanae to every natualized citizen) when everyone get GC. In the handbook, give strong warning about deportation consequences of all possible actions.
That is a good idea, and they could put warnings about traveling overseas for too long.

However, there are other people like F-1 students and H-1B workers who mistakenly register to vote at the DMV, not just permanent residents. Since the DMVs are among the biggest (if not the biggest) promoters of noncitizen registration, fix the problem at the source, by having all the DMVs stop their practice of routinely handing out voter registration forms to applicants. Especially those that not only hand out the form, but actually mark the "I am a US citizen" checkbox before handing it out.

That is a good idea, and they could put warnings about traveling overseas for too long.

However, there are other people like F-1 students and H-1B workers who mistakenly register to vote at the DMV, not just permanent residents. Since the DMVs are among the biggest (if not the biggest) promoters of noncitizen registration, fix the problem at the source, by having all the DMVs stop their practice of routinely handing out voter registration forms to applicants. Especially those that not only hand out the form, but actually mark the "I am a US citizen" checkbox before handing it out.

I agree with you. How about if we send letters to DMVs around the country letting them know of this issue and suggesting solutions to them? I would contact my local government and have them do something about it. (Seriously) These are people's lives and future in jeopardy.:mad:

However, there are other people like F-1 students and H-1B workers who mistakenly register to vote at the DMV, not just permanent residents..

The consulate should give a sheet of don't do list to everyone who get
a visa.

But for F-1 visa recipients, since they are not supposed to have intent to
immigrate, so it is not a big deal for them to vote. They voted and then they go home after finish their studies. The consulate can not give warning about
consequences for AOS and citizenshipo because they assume F-1 visa recipients should just go home after study

The consulate should give a sheet of don't do list to everyone who get
a visa.

But for F-1 visa recipients, since they are not supposed to have intent to
immigrate, so it is not a big deal for them to vote.
It is a big deal if they vote. Not a big deal for the students personally if they leave the US permanently, but it is a big deal for citizens who have to live with the fact that those noncitizens may have altered the election.
The consulate can not give warning about
consequences for AOS and citizenshipo because they assume F-1 visa recipients should just go home after study
The consulate doesn't have to say anything about AOS or citizenship. Voting or registering to vote for an election where citizenship is required can result in losing their F-1 status, if the incident is discovered while they still have F-1 status.