Voting Before Naturalization Can Cause you Problems

Well, I am one of those guys who is cautious types.
As much as i want to congratulate you, the fact is that you still have not heard from them that "Your case is accepted and you should be receiving oath letter soon".
So.. it is very much possible that the case might be in limbo for some time - it is possible some IO or supervisor looks at the case, and then he does not know what to do, so he goes to the next file.
I dont know....
Maybe if you dont hear from them 120 days from your interview or the last time you turned in information , you should sue them..

But i am not an expert..I will be cheering for you...
Hope everything goes well.
Just dont get too worried to seeing a voting psychiatrist.:D:D

I feel like calling these lawyers who wanted to charge me so much money and tell them something.

maslouj,

I am glad things are moving along for you but this IS America. People can charge anything they like. What they think the market will bear. It is also our right to find someone else and not pay what they are asking, as you did.

Kudos to you for continuing the search until you found a good one.

Keep us informed of your progress. I wish you the best of luck with these closing stages for your Citizenship journey. I am sure all the worrying can now be put aside. Your ordeal will be encouragement for others coming along if they have similar problems.

More kudos to you for hanging in there and moving it forward all the time. As that old saying goes, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." You have shown great toughness.

Maybe if you dont hear from them 120 days from your interview or the last time you turned in information , you should sue them..

Will suing USCIS for noty making a decision in timely manner will force them to quickyly make a decision against you? They are requireds to make a decision in 120 days not not necessary a approval.

So I am not sure. Maybe suing USCIS for not making a decision is only an option for straight forward case

maslouj,

I am glad things are moving along for you but this IS America. People can charge anything they like. What they think the market will bear. It is also our right to find someone else and not pay what they are asking, as you did.

Kudos to you for continuing the search until you found a good one.

Keep us informed of your progress. I wish you the best of luck with these closing stages for your Citizenship journey. I am sure all the worrying can now be put aside. Your ordeal will be encouragement for others coming along if they have similar problems.

More kudos to you for hanging in there and moving it forward all the time. As that old saying goes, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." You have shown great toughness.
Thank you for your kind words. I have already gave advice to two people and told them what they needed to bring to their interview so they do not get a pink sheet as I did and both were approved on the spot. I feel good about doing this and I am making sure all other GC holders or new immigrants know that they need to stay away from registering for voting at all cost especially when they go get their state ids. We cannot depend on under paid DMV employees to pay attention to the fact that we are not citizens, we need to read every form they give us to sign. Ohhhhh boy!!!!! was that a nightmare for me....

Received the Oath Ceremony Letter

Maslouj, I received my Naturalization Oath of Ceremony Letter today it is scheduled on later this month. I am beyond excited!!!! :):):) YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Sure yours is coming. Keep us posted. :)

Maslouj, I received my Naturalization Oath of Ceremony Letter today it is scheduled on later this month. I am beyond excited!!!! :):):) YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Sure yours is coming. Keep us posted. :)

I will live near my mail box starting today. I will buy an air mattress, a portable TV and lot and lot of mosquito’s cream, until I see this letter:):p
My stomach hurts now:(

The waiting, stress and fear is all over now guys. I received my letter yesterday and I thank God for answering my and everyone else prayers for this. I thank you all for the support and the help you have provided me with during these crazy times and I am very proud to be a citizen of this great country. USA USA USA USA.
I cannot wait until the ceremony day.
Please keep helping others, and remember what goes around comes around so make sure you do good for others so good can come back at you and bless your lives.
Thank you so much for everything.

The waiting, stress and fear is all over now guys. I received my letter yesterday and I thank God for answering my and everyone else prayers for this. I thank you all for the support and the help you have provided me with during these crazy times and I am very proud to be a citizen of this great country. USA USA USA USA.
Please keep helping others, and remember what goes around comes around so make sure you do good for others so good can come back at you and bless your lives.

Congratulations.

I am very proud to be a citizen of this great country

Be careful here. You are not a citizen yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations, maslouj! When is your oath date?

Congrats Man... You did it..

Congratulations maslouj!
I'm not sure if you have already done it, but could you post your final letter here to help others in a similar situation?
I'm sure there's going to be someone thats going to stumble on this thread and look for you for help, maybe the letter would save them the trouble!

Congratulations! :) WBH is right you only become a citizen the moment you utter the last word of the oath at the oath ceremony. It doesn't work if you read the oath at home ;)

M,

Congratulations!!! Remember, no driving with excessive speed till you are sworn-in. :) Also, no reading of any voting literature for the ugliest dog in the neighborhood...:D When is the big date? A nice suit could help you complete the process with a bang....:rolleyes:

Congratulations! :) WBH is right you only become a citizen the moment you utter the last word of the oath at the oath ceremony. It doesn't work if you read the oath at home ;)

FYI: I am not a citizen yet. What I meant is I am proud now to be a U.S citizen after the Oath Ceremony (Politically Correct?):)
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. What a great people you are. Seriously
The letter just state the date (09/23/09) for my appointment and what I have to bring with me. There were no specific things about the case or anything like that. It is just a plain simple letter with dates and what you can and cannot do during the ceremony.
I will be celebrating with my family this Labor Day Holiday so you guys are all invited ;)

M,

Congratulations!!! Remember, no driving with excessive speed till you are sworn-in. :) Also, no reading of any voting literature for the ugliest dog in the neighborhood...:D When is the big date? A nice suit could help you complete the process with a bang....:rolleyes:

The oath letter does not ask if the applicant has voted since the interview so he may be safe even if he register to vote now