Immigrants return back to Indian, China to find prosperity

With statistics showing the number of people under poverty line at around 27%, I'm not surprised there are severe shortages of electricity then. Free electricity for 1/4 of the population means less electricity for those that pay.

BPL_Data_GOI_.png

Great results:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/08/22/stories/2008082250140800.htm

With great results, again:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/world/asia/17india.html

Oh My God!
This guy is amazing. :rolleyes: Now he is starting about the quality of education in India!!!.
He quotes and agrees to the news article that favors his openion!.

He's a nutjob. Don't even waste your time reading that stuff.
And he is instructing others not even bother about some other articles that he deos'nt like, because he insists!.

I gues it is not worh arguing with this 'nut job'. I quit!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh My God!
This guy is amazing. :rolleyes: Now he is starting about the quality of education in India!!!.

And he is instructing others not even bother about some other articles that he deos'nt like, because he insists!.

I gues it is not worh arguing with this 'nut job'. I quit!.

Welcome aboard!
:p

Oh My God!
I gues it is not worh arguing with this nut case.

There is no need to get personal about it. I'm providing sources for my opinions, and am backing them up with facts. If you don't like it, then you can provide sources that dispute that. Since you and others are incapable of doing that, then I must assume that you have nothing better as support for your opinions than - just more of your opinions.

I would also advise that you use a spellchecker before you post stuff. Some of the things you write are incomprehensible.

There is no need to get personal about it. I'm providing sources for my opinions, and am backing them up with facts. If you don't like it, then you can provide sources that dispute that. Since you and others are incapable of doing that, then I must assume that you have nothing better as support for your opinions than - just more of your opinions.

I would also advise that you use a spellchecker before you post stuff. Some of the things you write are incomprehensible.

Anybody can sit out there and search through the web and dig out dirt on any country, including the USA.

Bring on your own country, I will bring at least a 100 article that are farther more unpleasant.

I can surely search and bring bring a 1000 about the USA. That does not establish anything.

I don't think it needs any particular wisdom. It takes a certain wisdom NOT TO DO IT, because inadvertantly or not it can hurt so many feelings.

I have seen this forum since year 2000 and have seen toipics like this coming up time to time. Believe me , it can get real ugly.
So be very careful, NOT WHEN YOU ARE TALKING FOR SOMETHING, BUT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE TALKING AGAINST IT.

Peace. :)

You are stooping down dood!. And I think the people are getting an idea about your ownself. Keep going.
Lets see how low can you get.

Anybody can sit out there and search through the web and dig out dirt on any country, including the USA.

Bring on your own country, I will bring at least a 100 article that are farther more unpleasant.

I can surely search and bring bring a 1000 about the USA. That does not establish anything.

Yeah, but this isn't just digging dirt; these are basic things, which people are touting here. Education, free health-care... when someone makes the argument of free health-care in India being better than paid health-care in America, I'm not supposed to show them that that health-care has its drawbacks too?

I don't think it needs any particular wisdom. It takes a certain wisdom NOT TO DO IT, because inadvertantly or not it can hurt so many feelings.

I understand that people may think I'm anti-India or whatnot, but I am not. I'm just pro realizing the reality and recognizing it. If I thought my home country was better than the US and provided a better quality of life, I would be there and not here. I obviously don't think so.

I have seen this forum since year 2000 and have seen toipics like this coming up time to time. Believe me , it can get real ugly.
So be very careful, NOT WHEN YOU ARE TALKING FOR SOMETHING, BUT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE TALKING AGAINST IT.

I'm not talking against anything. I'm simply making the argument that the "better qualify of life in India" is very relative. And I don't think I need to keep my opinions to myself - as long as they're not offensive - just because some people's idealized feelings of their motherland may be hurt.

Before I make my statements..let me inform all of u..
I am an Indian..I was born and raised in India..I still love my country..my parents are back in Bombay..and they stay in a nice suburb..

But u know what..everytime I call them up there is somethinhg or the other..
the power cuts in bombay are horrible..you talk about people not able to afford to pay in US..I am talking about PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD TO PAY BUT ARE STILL NOT GETTING BASIC SERVICES.We still ahve water problems...yes in Bombay we have it..Forget Bombay,I have a friend who stays in Malabar HIll, his dad is an MLA..they have water problems..
So if the govt cant provide basic stuff to the top notch politicians,what can a common man expect.

Freedom of speech..I dare anybody on this board to go to Mumbai and talk about the atrocities of bal thackeray or for that matter raj thackeray..can u do that without fear? No,U cant..and u think ur in a democracy.

Have u ever been to a police station in India? I had to, to get my PCC for my Green Card..Do you know how you are treated.I was luck to have known someone to get my stuff done..

If you are involved in a traffic accident in India on a highway..you can be rest assured that ur almost dead..You dont get any help in time

One of our distant relative passed away..because non of the priveat hospitals would admit them and they had to be taken to a govt hospital..

Bottom Line..There is a way too much population..human life is not a scarcity..
They dont care at all..There was an incident in Thane where the whole hospital of Singhania ( Raymonds owner) was burnt down just because some politicain was killed..They made every patient - even critical emergency patients to get out of the hopsital..what kind of democracy is it

I am sorry to say ..but India is not really getting better..there are serious issues with India..I would love India to propser..but let us accept the realities and move on..

I would probably be happy and feel more satisfied if I can do something for India by not staying in India rather than staying in India and feeling helpless.

Makes you wonder how the US infrastructure would cope with over 3 billion people (India being slightly 1/3 the size of US).

Agreed,,it would be tough to cope up with so much popiulation..

But what has the govt done..have they implemented any penalities on families havinmg more than 2 kids..is there any rules in place like China has..

If you have an issue..u need a solution too..

as a matter of fact..India is set to overtake China in few years..I dont have the exact facts..but i read it somewhere that India can soon be the most populous country in the world...

Yeah, dealing with that much population is surely tough. I can't imagine what things would look like in the US if it had 600 million people, let alone a billion.

I am sorry to say ..but India is not really getting better..there are serious issues with India..I would love India to propser..but let us accept the realities and move on..
I would probably be happy and feel more satisfied if I can do something for India by not staying in India rather than staying in India and feeling helpless.

i am sorry but i dont share your opinion. you are extrapolating from incidents that happen to you and i believe that is stretching it a bit far. i am sorry it happened to you but dont let it cloud you.

there is plenty of good that is happening in india. you focus on all the negative stuff. and please dont quote china and the one child policy..that has its own issues. decide if you want democracy or dictatorship. its easy to mouth off on want of dictatorship..you cant pick and choose.

as i said, there is bunch of people that always bitch, whine and moan about what the govt doesnt do. and there are a bunch of people who are the doers who are actually working in the field, giving their lives to make the country better while accepting the realities of it.... there are plenty of folks to look up to.. in india that are taking the country forward..not waiting on the govt to do so.....go to the ashoka foundation [
http://www.ashoka.org/ ]and put india, and see all the work folks are doing...there is some brilliant fellas out there in the field of social entreprenuership...here are some quick examples....

check the work of sri bindeshwar pathak with sulabh shauchalyas
http://www.sulabhinternational.org/

check the work of the naandi foundation in hyderabad
http://www.naandi.org/

check the work of bunker roy in the barefoot college in rajasthan and other parts
http://www.barefootcollege.org/

check the work of jaago reh (awaken) and jaanagraha
http://www.jaagore.com/
http://www.janaagraha.org/

check the work of teach for india
http://www.teachforindia.org/

check the work of NEN
http://www.nenonline.org/

if you cant be hopeful for the future, then cut the losses now dude, save everyone of your laments, you dont deserve to live....

be positive folks~...

over and out.

But what has the govt done..have they implemented any penalities on families havinmg more than 2 kids..is there any rules in place like China has..

The problem is the penalty will apply to only some religion others have their own law.....They should make every Indian citizen should follow Indian Government law.

Guys guys!
Never been in India, unfortunately, but I've been in pretty much any other asian country and in many developing countries.
It is perceived that now it's amazingly better and it is, but remember in what state those country were years ago, just a few years ago.
I was talking to probably the richest man in India, oh well, I should say the richest indian man, since he lives in San Francisco. I'm sure he could afford a few things there, yet he lives in San Francisco.
The improvements are caused by the huge wave of direct foreign investments (which are now drying up as we see on a daily basis), and don't get me wrong, they're huge.
But to claim that living in India is even close to living in the US or in Western Europe is simply hilarious.
Let's be a little more intellectually honest with each other, there's nothing wrong with that. Everybody loves his own country but we should still see reality.
Many immigrants go back, so what? It has been happening for decades for european immigrants. They come here, make money, build net worth and then go back and enjoy it there or use their dramatically improved skills to have a huge competitive advantage overseas.
Now it's time for India and other countries.
So what? The day that immigrant petition to India will be more than immigrant petitions to the US we will talk about it.

Guys guys!

I was talking to probably the richest man in India,

The richest man in India ???, Did you mean to say you were talking to the Ambani Brothers ?

or may be because of the bear market.

Lakshmi Mittal, Rattan Tata, Asim Premji...?

I don't think any of them lives in Sanfransisco. ;) or anywhere in the USA

If I can afford it, tell me one think that I cannot get in India.

As a bonus:
With the income that I may make from a similar job in India, I can afford a cook, a Schaufer and private tuition for each subject for my kids. Ofcourse because of the lower cost of labor. I cannot even afford to have someone move my lawn in the USA.

As a bonus:
With the income that I may make from a similar job in India, I can afford a cook, a Schaufer and private tuition for each subject for my kids. Ofcourse because of the lower cost of labor. I cannot even afford to have someone move my lawn in the USA.

That begs the question: why aren't you in India, enjoying all those things you can afford?

The richest man in India ???, Did you mean to say you were talking to the Ambani Brothers ?

or may be because of the bear market.

Lakshmi Mittal, Rattan Tata, Asim Premji...?

I don't think any of them lives in Sanfransisco. ;) or anywhere in the USA

If I can afford it, tell me one think that I cannot get in India.

As a bonus:

Ok, maybe one of the richest indian men. I'm not going to say his name, but you may drink his product or fly on his planes.
I don't know what job you have, I'm a financial executive for a multinational company and I'm sure my salary would be the same or even higher if I move to Europe or Asia, I already said that wealthy people have probably a great life abroad.
The point is that here in the US a bus driver for the city transport system can own a house, a car, have a decent life.
I don't think that happens in India, or anywhere else in Asia.