Immigrants return back to Indian, China to find prosperity

Since the study is about skilled labor leaving the US, I think it's fair to assume the respondents are mostly (if not all) skilled workers. With companies outsourcing it makes it much easier for skilled workers to move around the world freely. They essentially have their pick of were to work, and with India giving them that opportunity it makes it an attractable prospect.

I agree. Interestingly enough, it's mostly American companies in India providing those opportunities, after having outsourced the jobs from the US.

I agree. Interestingly enough, it's mostly American companies in India providing those opportunities, after having outsourced the jobs from the US.

Well the irony is the oposite. The last time I checked, a number of Indian companies started doing the shopping spree overseas including in the USA.
TATA, RELIANCE, BHARATI, MITTAL & OTHER STEEL COMPANIES are a few examples.
Believe it or not, asset ownership by foreigners are at an alrmingly large rate right now. The Chinese are buying too

By the way, Once the companies move their head quarters, for whatever reasons, they are no longer American Companies. Naturalized Indian Companies ;) I would call. Remember Halliburton is a 'Naturalized' UAE Company now :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where you get the numbers.

Did you even click on the link provided by myself to the IMF website? Here you go again. And what does it say? For 2008 it says: 1,237.445, which is $1.2 trillion. Divide that by the population of India, and you have your GDP per capita number.

India is 1/10 th of the Size of USA - Roughly the size of Texas and Okhlahoma combined together.

Um, no it isn't. It's roughly 1/3 the size of the US with almost 4 times the population.

India is 4 times more populus than the USA

Which should mean a higher GDP, as there is more productivity and economic activity going on.

USA is a 13 T economy. It is number one correct ?. But we are growing south. minus 3% GDP growth in the last quarter and still going. So what does it tell you for the GDP per Capita and Aging Baby Boomers!.

The USA can continue to grow negatively by 3% for the next 10 years and it will still have a much bigger economy than India, with a population 4 times less than India.

Now India has been having a steady GDP growth for the past 10 years. Even in this turbulent world economy, the last quarter recorded 7.3% real growth.

Did you even read those links I provided earlier in the thread? Rupee is in a free-fall, and exports have plunged by almost 20%. In a country fueled by export-growth, that's a bell ringing for a recession.

You are right inflation is inversily proportional to Cash in the Society!. That is pure economics. Why would I need $1.90 to buy a pund of tomatoes when I can get it for a nickel ?.

Because a nickel in India is worth about 15 US dollars in actual income. It's all relative to income, you know. An average annual income of $941 is, again, 50 times less than that of the US population. The value of a nickel in India should be proportionate to that ratio.

Lay down your bias about India and face the facts.

I don't know where you get the numbers.

India is 1/10 th of the Size of USA - Roughly the size of Texas and Okhlahoma combined together.

one third of the uSA economy is a single state California.

India is 4 times more populus than the USA

USA is a 13 T economy. It is number ONE so far. correct ?. But we are growing south. minus 3% GDP average growth in the last several quarters and still going. So what does it tell you for the GDP per Capita and Aging Baby Boomers!.

Now India has been having a steady GDP growth for the past 10 years. Even in this turbulent world economy, the last quarter recorded 7.3% real growth.

You are right inflation is inversily proportional to Cash in the Society!. That is pure economics. Why would I need $1.90 to buy a pund of tomatoes when I can get it for a nickel ?.

What are you talking about?
India's surface is almost 3.3m square kms, making it the seventh largest country in the world.

India's economy is depending mostly on direct foreign investments and its financial markets are very fragile. The local currency is collapsing and India is running a trade deficit.

The US will for sure be the first country to rebound from this crisis and everybody will be more cautious in putting tons of money in emerging market next time around.

Well the irony is the oposite. The last time I checked, a number of Indian companies started doing the shopping spree overseas including in the USA.
TATA, RELIANCE, BHARATI, MITTAL & OTHER STEEL COMPANIES are a few examples.

The same TATA whose "export" includes 1,314 vehicles and whose sales are down by 25%?

Believe it or not, asset ownership by foreigners are at an alrmingly large rate right now. The Chinese are buying too

What do you mean "too"? I haven't seen a single company in the US bought by an Indian company. A link or two wouldn't hurt.

By the way, Once the companies move their head quarters, for whatever reasons, they are no longer American Companies. Naturalized Indian Companies ;) I would call. Remember Halliburton is a 'Naturalized' UAE Company now :D.

Except that Cisco, Microsoft and others haven't moved their headquarters. They're just using the cheap labor available in India and elsewhere to increase their profits. Why pay someone $20/hour, when you can pay someone $20/week to answer the phone, right? I don't agree with it, but that's the reality.

Originally Posted by Mr Vertigo
Because a nickel in India is worth about 15 US dollars in actual income.

Surprise!. I think the school where you learned your economics is not where I want to go to. Well good luck!.
Lay down your bias about India and face the facts.

Obviously, we both need to check our bias now!. I don't think I am biased( I would call a bit too excited) because I am proud of the country where I was born). I truly am. To me the numbers do not matter and I am sure a lot of people who have lived in India long enough will agree with me.

But I don't know why you are so excited ;)

Surprise!. I think the school where you learned your economics is not where I want to go to. Well good luck!.

No need to get personal about it. Just provide some indisputable sources for some of your claims and we'll have a much better discussion. Or maybe you get your sources from the same place where you got that "India is 1/10 the size of the US" gem that you provided here.

Obviously, we both need to check our bias now!. I don't think I am biased( I would call a bit too excited) because I am proud of the country where I was born). I truly am.

But I don't know why you are so excited ;)

I think what you call being proud is actually known as having a bias and not being able to accept the facts presented to you. You certainly have every right to be proud of India, but weather you are right in being so is a different discussion altogether.

Mr Vertigo;2019015]The same TATA whose "export" includes 1,314 vehicles and whose sales are down by 25%?

AutoMobile Shares going down . Are you kidding me :rolleyes: TATA cannot make enough vehicles for the growing Indian middle class. for Some of the vehicle brands, you have to make 'Booking' for months ahead of time.
Now tell me all the big corporations are going to India for 'Outsourcing' not to take advantage of the growing middle class in India. Want to talk to the guys at the Walmart ?. Recently the Nuclear suppliers group won a major deal to do business with India. 'Outsourcing' again?.

What do you mean "too"? I haven't seen a single company in the US bought by an Indian company. A link or two wouldn't hurt.
Will give you one. But iff you want more do it your own.
Bought from FORD.
Indian Company Buys Luxury Brands Jaguar, Land Rover
http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2008-03/2008-03-26-voa37.cfm
Except that Cisco, Microsoft and others haven't moved their headquarters. They're just using the cheap labor available in India and elsewhere to increase their profits. Why pay someone $20/hour, when you can pay someone $20/week to answer the phone, right? I don't agree with it, but that's the reality.

You are dead wrong!. There are thousands and thousands of companies of various sizes have been moving their major operations overseas. This include major manufacturing operations moved( Not just outsourced) to China and Service and limited Manufacturing Operations Moved to India, Brazil and elsewhere. Cheap labor was thing of the past for these moving. Healthcare cost, lack of resource availability and a number of factors contribute to this new migration.

No need to get personal about it. Just provide some indisputable sources for some of your claims and we'll have a much better discussion. Or maybe you get your sources from the same place where you got that "India is 1/10 the size of the US" gem that you provided here.

Well I may not be correct on that one, but didn't you say India was the same size as that of USA :rolleyes:
At least I admitted it. but I stand by everything else I stated. Bring on your proof over here.

I think what you call being proud is actually known as having a bias and not being able to accept the facts presented to you. You certainly have every right to be proud of India, but weather you are right in being so is a different discussion altogether.

You still did not give me a reason for your particular excitement FOR India.
Educating the universe, is personally, the last thing I can think of.

You still did not give me a reason for your particular EXCITEMENT FOR INDIA.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. I'm not "excited" about India, I'm realistic about India. If you think a country with severe power shortages, with no reliable access to clean water, with severe air pollution problems, overcrowded and with a GDP per capita of $941 provides "better quality of life" than the United States, then more power to you. I disagree, and see no need to continue this discussion with you.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. I'm not "excited" about India, I'm realistic about India. If you think a country with severe power shortages, with no reliable access to clean water, with severe air pollution problems, overcrowded and with a GDP per capita of $941 provides "better quality of life" than the United States, then more power to you. I disagree, and see no need to continue this discussion with you.

Realistic!.
None of the statements above is 'Realistic'. You have proven again that you know nothing about India beside what you get from, your 'expired' quickie google first pages.
I have lived in India. I have contant contacts with India. I know a lot about India. At the same time, I love USA to the fullest extent as this country gave me so much more than I could've asked for.

Besides, This is my last post in response to your comments.
I am least interested too. Utter whatever, what I consider 'nonsense' you want. I am not going to respond, nor is it worthy of anything to me.
Good bye.

Like any emerging (now submerging again) economy, you can have a great quality of life if you are very wealthy. If you are poor you definitely have a very low quality of life. There's no middle class the way we know it. Middle class in those countries is just something a little better than being poor.

Like any emerging (now submerging again) economy, you can have a great quality of life if you are very wealthy. If you are poor you definitely have a very low quality of life. There's no middle class the way we know it. Middle class in those countries is just something a little better than being poor.

Fully agree - and this is not the case with India alone. China has the same problems, as does Brazil and a few other emerging countries. It's something that every single developing country has to go through. The US went through it, and as we know, it wasn't pretty back then either. To deny this, as ATLANTA_N400 is doing is to be blind to the reality.

Fully agree - and this is not the case with India alone. China has the same problems, as does Brazil and a few other emerging countries. It's something that every single developing country has to go through. The US went through it, and as we know, it wasn't pretty back then either. To deny this, as ATLANTA_N400 is doing is to be blind to the reality.

It goes without saying that if your net worth is above $2m, you definitely have a better quality of life in a developing country, if under a democracy.

It goes without saying that if your net worth is above $2m, you definitely have a better quality of life in a developing country, if under a democracy.

Agreed.
Means I have a long way to before thinking of going back to India :D