• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

i think the difference is that you was approved in the same time as your interview, and i am not !! i thing i was on administrative checking, but fortunatly i passed it fast enough. that is why i still do not see any changes online :) also, in your case they told that withing 18 months you will get GC, in my case it "several months", i thing this can be interepted in way as 18 months or in other way ... they writng letters by using the same template with minor changes ....

That's right. I think, we should receive GC in a week or so. The officer said that i should get it in a 2 weeks, but if i won't get it in a 2 month, he suggested me to make an infopass appointment. On ur interview day, u went to 2nd floor, then, they called ur name and u went to the 23rd floor, right? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations to Borya and hmz, I am hoping to get my gc in several month.

I sent the documments to USCIS and friday I got notice from USCIS, I-797C.
I am exited :)
Do i wait for another notice for biometrics?

to hmz: it was exactly as in your case :) well, in that case, i also hope to get GC soon ....
to dimedrol: thank you :) you will get second notice with invitation on biometrix quite soon. in my case i was 1 weeks after the first notice ...

hi all !
i just got I-551 stamp in my passport, also i was told that plastic green card already in production mode. The online status does not changed yet, i hope to have it in the end of week. The funny thing is that they will write my birth day instead of 1 january 1 april in green card. The immigration officer told me that when i will get plastic green card there will be pointed out procedure how to contact MSC to change it ....

I got a letter from local office that i need to submit Biometrics for permanent resident card. I will go tomorrow.

stemp is valid for 90 days .... that told me that i should go into immigration office in my university to say them that now i am permanent resident. i ask them about traveling: thay told me that is it ok to travel with I-551 whilre i do not get plastic GC. Moreover, they did not take my I-94..... :) maybe, they forgot ....
in my passport says:

A ********
processed for I-551
temporary evidence of lawful
admission for permanent residence
valid until 6 may 2006
employment autorized.

also some strange numbers .....

borya,

strange.. My stamp is valid for 6 months. Did they take ur signature, photo when they took ur FP?

yes. thay took signature and photo. i am pretty sure that immigration officers do not know rules excactly ...... what we have with you its just supports that... that wrote date of expiration by hand, so it is easy to make a mistake.

as you can deduced from the messages above, there is cinfusion, 3 or 6 months. i do not know the answer

Hi Borya,

by the way where r from? I just came back from ASC. They took my signature, photo and index finger. Now, it's waiting time..

congratulations borya and hmz

I am so happy about u guys :) congratulations again and i hope to have the same process soon. I will go for my biometrics on the 23rd of this month. I read all of your conversation and i am wondering what did u guys wear for the interview? I mean suit or regular jeans,shir..etc and also did they ask you about your future plans here like what are you gonna do about your job ?
If not and if they ask me this question on my interview what is better to say ?If you guys have any idea i would like to know
Thank you in advance guys

Onur

canonurum,

he didn't ask me anything about future plans. If he asks u, just tell what u think. Don't worry. And u do not need to wear suit on the interview day. Just dress properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borya,

i got 2nd approval letter that i need to submit Biotmetrics, but this time from Missouri. It says that i need to call and an make an appointment for Biometrics, but it's already done. The 1st letter was sent from local office, it was the same immigration officer on my interview day.. I figured it out from the signature. I think, i am just going to ignore this letter. What do u think?

Borya or someone else?
What confirmation were they waiting for? Did you submit any forms to the kentucky center? I have sent my application straight to the local USCIS, actually to the Chicago lockbox a week ago. Just the I-485 with the required information, forms and fees. AOS applicants dont have to submit anything to Kentucky as far as i know. Am i Correct?
Please let me know, if im doing sth wrong?
Thanks